ESP Kirk Hammett KH Demonology 2017

Updated
ESP Kirk Hammett KH Demonology 2017

Finally, it has arrived.

The ESP KH Demonology guitar......

BlackJack21

If anyone is looking to buy one, Studio Gears and DCGL has it in stock.

ESP KH Demonology - Studio Gears

ESP KH Demonology - DCGL

ESP 348

Cheers Blackjack! I am starting to see a few of these pop up for sale now.

Probably won't be long before they will be like assholes...........everyone will have one.

I bet Nate already owns 4 of them.

Big Daddy B

I noticed the pics Blackjack posted of the one on the bench show the ESP Custom badge on the back of the headstock and also it doesn't have a serial or is blurred out. Wonder if that is the one going to Kirk. The production ones I have seen actual pics of have the sig series badge.

ESP 348

If you have a good look Big Daddy, you can actually see the last digit of the serial number which is 2 on the pic which shows the back of the headstock.

Do they have the Sig Series badges on the back of them, even though they are Custom Shop models?

I thought they all would have had the Custom logo on the back. I know that it's a Sig Series guitar, but these are made to order aren't they?

Big Daddy B

Ahh yeah you're right. All the retail ones I saw ended in 2 as well but said sig series.

ESP 348

Ok, cool man. We will see what happens.

Breadfan32

That ESP version looks really nice.   

ESP 348

It does man, looking forward to seeing it in person.

HateEvent

The serial number ending in a 2 doesn't surprise me - that is just the Tokyo shop rather than a wild custom order.

My custom order MX is the same.

Big Daddy B
HateEvent wrote:

The serial number ending in a 2 doesn't surprise me - that is just the Tokyo shop rather than a wild custom order.

My custom order MX is the same.

Interesting on the MX because my KH-4 ends in a 1 and that I wouldn't consider a wild custom. It does have the Custom badge. My KH-3 is also a 1 and has the sig series badge. Badge assignment seems kind of random.

ESP 348

Your KH3 Custom Shop order has a Sig series badge on it Big Daddy??

Why does it have that and your KH4 Custom Shop order have Custom on it?

Big Daddy B

NO idea. Guess it is just random.

ESP 348

Bugger, that's a little annoying they do it that way lol.

ESP 348

The pics of the Zombie guitar that BlackJack posted are from the exact same work shop as the pics of this ESP Demonology guitar.

Same work bench, same angle of pictures taken and it even looks like the string packet and fretboard protectors haven't even moved off the bench in both pics of the Zombie and Demonology guitars. Obviously these pics were taken very close together, possibly one after the other.

Blackjack said the pics of his Zombie were taken when the guitar landed at ESP in California, I thought these pics of the Demonology were taken at the ESP Custom Shop in Japan. I was wrong.

Do they perform work at the ESP Factory in Cali it seems? Because it looks like there are some fresh wood shavings on head stock from the screws for that string tree bar on the Demonology guitar.

ESP 348

And just some observations of both guitars while I am at it.

If you take a good look at and compare both pics of each guitar, you can see the Demonology has around 5mm extra of paint at the v-joint/paint line at the back of the neck.

The quality/finish of the frets looks slightly nicer on the Zombie guitar.

Most importantly, the grain of the Rosewood fretboard looks A LOT nicer on the Zombie guitar.

It seems to me that the Zombie guitar has been finished much nicer than that of the Demonology in these pics BlackJack posted of both guitars.

And that is awesome! The price these guys are paying for their Zombie guitars reflects this extra attention to detail which is great to see.

I can only imagine the extra mile the ESP Custom Shop go for Kirk to make his ESP guitars.

Post to Thread