Real or fake

Updated
doron a.

Hi all,

I have an opportunity to buy 94 ESP KH-2

I found that the serial number is really from 94 but there something i would like to clear.

the guitar has 2 ESP pickups(not EMG), as can you see in the picture below.

is this normal? did ESP put there own pickups and not EMGs? all posts i saw with this kind of guitar there were 81/81 or 81/60 EMGs.

Thanks for helping

HateEvent

Do you have any more pictures? It could just be that the EMGs were swapped out by the owner/a previous owner. It's an easy enough thing to do.

The KH-2 was indeed 81/81 for a long time and in the last few years changed to 81/60.

ESP 348

More pics will make it a little easier for us to tell you if it's the real deal or not.

Although looking at these two little pics now I think that guitar looks legit to me.

ESP 348

She looks like the real deal to me Hate! Take a look at these extra pics in his other thread here-

http://www.espguitars.com/forums/1963390/posts/4218108-is-this-fake-or-real-kh-2

Pushead

I seem to remember these were the same style pickups used in the very first run KH-1 as well.

I'd say it's legit.

frantic77

I had a 95 kh-2 . Originally fitted with those esp pick-ups.still have the pu's somewhere....put emg's ín there 

Post to Thread