LTD SC-338 vs H-208

Updated
LTD SC-338 vs H-208

Hi! I'm trying to find an 8-string guitar right now and I've narrowed my list down to a few models, two of which are in the title here (the stephen carpenter signature and the h-208). I found an article that says they're both great deals for the money but it seems to say that the pickups are the biggest factor in deciding between the two...if I'm understanding it correctly. If I'm going to put EMG pickups in the guitar anyway, is the H-208 a better choice than the SC-338? The article is here if anyone wants to see it, but I think I summed everything up that I wanted to ask.

Pushead

The 338 would probably be a bit nicer of a guitar, but you have to deal with the color and whatever personalizations are on the Steph guitar.

JiminyCricket

Well the color doesn't bother me so much but I am a little concerned about the pickup placement - but I honestly don't see myself crying over it since I can probably still get some decent lead sounds out of the middle one. Do you think the quality / parts difference warrants the extra $100 ?

Pushead

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with either model, and I couldn't find them on the site to even look at the specs.

Sorry man.

JiminyCricket

Alright well I'll probably make a decision at some point today anyway - probably go with cheaper of the two because it still has great reviews and I won't have to find out about that pickup placement.

Post to Thread