New Kirk's secret guitar...

Updated
New Kirk's secret guitar...

Pic from Baltimore. Guitar graphic is intentionally blurred :

ESP 348

I don't know Pus, an airbrush artist I talked to locally said he can airbrush the Mummy guitar for me for $500, so I assume he can do a sparkle job for a lot less.

I will ask him now and get back to you when I get home from work tonight.

ESP 348

Hello again Pus,

Talked to my airbrush man and he said he can sparkle the hell out of that guitar in purple for me for $650.

That's $650 Aussie dollars, so let's call it US $475.

Either way, it's a lot more than I thought it would be and he said it's actually quite a process to make a sparkle guitar look good with LOTS of sparkle in it.

He explained the airbrush Mummy he can do in "one go". This sparkle guitar takes more time overall creating that effect, it's not as simple as most people think.

So you were right mate. He said if I want it done it will be around a 3 week turn around. Working on it on and off of course.

Cheers

Pushead

Yeah, and the biggest problem with sparkle is that if you want big flakes (or lots of sparkle), they have to use a really thick clear on it. I was looking for a really blinged out (obnoxious) Tele body to play when I was sitting in for a few weeks with my friend's country band around 10 years ago. The painter I was talking to essentially talked me out of it.

3 weeks is pretty fair for a paint job. It takes a while for the paint to cure and harden up enough to polish.

ESP 348

Cheers Pus, there is definitely a lot of sparkle in that guitar.

Breadfan32

I like it.  Be interesting to see if he starts playing it live and if it will be a production model. 

Nathan S.

It'll be the KH-SE2 limited to 102 + or - 

BlackJack21

Guiguitarz

Thanks for the pic BlackJack,

Looks like the Skull & Crossbones are exactly the same as a STD KH-2 ... They could have change them a bit, e.g. the KH-20 ...

Breadfan32

Thanks for the pic BlackJack,

Looks like the Skull & Crossbones are exactly the same as a STD KH-2 ... They could have change them a bit, e.g. the KH-20 ...

KH 20 inlays would be cool but maybe Kirk didn't want that.

BlackJack21

Yea like the KH-20, I wish this had an ebony board as well.

ESP 348

Yea like the KH-20, I wish this had an ebony board as well.

Would have definitely looked a little better with the dark Ebony Fretboard I think.

ESP 348

It actually does look pretty cool in that pic! Cheers Blackjack!

Road King

Sparkles are ghey.

Breadfan32

I watched a vid on YouTube from the philly concert.  Kirk played it on creeping death and for whom the bells tolls.  Looked really good imo.  Seems to be same colour as Lars kit which I also like.  

ProfessorExp

Lot of hoopla over a sparkly guitar. I was expecting some cool new graphic. 

Breadfan32

I like this a lot for the reason I'm tired of all the graphic guitars.  

Guiguitarz

Wait and see Sir. ...

Stonecat

I dig it. 

Mark P.

I like it, hopefully it stays in regular rotation. I loved the Greenburst but he doesn't even use that one anymore favoring his newer graphic guitars. 

Guiguitarz

And the Greenie is 'in da place' each night for Fade and Seek.

Mark P.

And the Greenie is 'in da place' each night for Fade and Seek.

I meant the Greenburst KH-2 SE, not Greenie. 

Guiguitarz

I meant the Greenie (LP) and I understood that you meant the Greenburst (Which I loved too, and have it) 

Breadfan32

Greenburst was one of my favourites too.

Kirk used to play that in heavy rotation for a couple years.  

I used to own one and miss it.

I hope this purple one gets released and a limited 100.  I remember when the greenburst was released it was the same price as a regular KH2 hoping that would be the case again.   

Breadfan32

Post to Thread