Do we influence prices?

Updated
Do we influence prices?

Do the discussions on this forum affect the prices of ESP guitars?
Look at these two pics.

A few months ago.

And Now!

Is this a joke?
I kept watching this guitar for several months now. It's located in France. Maybe some of you have seen the guitar earlier. I posted pics in my first thread of this guitar. It was the only guitar I could find that came close to mine KH 2 Vintage. This in regarding to the large amount of damages on the guitar.

I think it's very strange that Mr. seller has adjusted the price of his guitar. It's a second hand guitar but now you pay the price of a new one (WTF)

Has Mister seller find a pic from his guitar in my thread on the ESP forum?
The stupid thing about it is when you go to Google and type ESP KH 2 Vintage then the first pic you encounter from his guitar is the pic that I posted in the thread.

Maybe he thinks now that he has a unique guitar in his hands (regarding the large amount of damages) and beats up the price?

Or am I losing it?

Greetz Alex 

Pushead

It could be. But it's still only worth what someone will pay for it. I don't know of many situations where price increases will help the sale of a product. I'm sure there are examples, but if I wasn't going to buy it at 3200, I'm certainly not going to pay 5800.

Breadfan32

Why would he raise the price based on this forum?  

If anything I feel like this forum puts prices in perspective. 

Pushead

Well, if he read that the amount of "damage" on Alex's guitar was uncommon, and he thinks that makes his somewhat rare and therefore worth more money.

It's sort of a false equivalency, because rare doesn't always equal desirable, and certainly doesn't always equal valuable.

Or maybe the guy just is fishing for offers and is hoping to get an offer higher than $3200.

ESP 348

I think we can influence prices with talk here on the forum and on some of the ESP Facebook pages that I am on, but not always of course. Only on select 'special' guitars I reckon.

But at the end of the day something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Some guys might be happy to pay US $5000 for a guitar, another person might be happy to US $7000 for the same guitar and that is all it takes.

Everyone is different and it all comes down to how bad you want it.

Guiguitarz

Some guys might be happy to pay US $5000 for a guitar, another person might be happy to US $7000 for the same guitar and that is all it takes.

And we know the "other person"... 

ESP 348

Correct G!

Alex K0907304

Yeah Pushead/ESP 348, I agree with you. And of course people are sometimes crazy to pay so much money. I just find it very annoying  that Mr. Seller wil take an advantage of it.  I'm not good at this.

What is a fair price anyway for a second hand KH 2 Vintage? Any ideas?

BlackJack21

Man, the Hammett series is definitely taking a hit now-a-days lol.

Alex K0907304

Thankx guys for your quick responses. Well, because I'm such an open and honest person,  I've nothing to hide, here we go....

Bob asked €2200, I eventually paid €1800. I thought this was a fair price. Back then, of course, I didn't know what I had in hands. Mr. Seller in France €5700, are you kidding me? Come on! 

Afterwards, I do not complain at all. Of course not! Like a said earlier I simply can't afford €5000 or €6000 for a custom shop guitar. When Big Daddy made his announcement about selling his WHITE ouija.   Ooh my God! Besides the Vintage and Mummy, that White one is one of my favourite guitars of all time. Unfortunately, I do not dare to pm Big Daddy and ask him to pay the guitar for a period of 4 or 5 years.  

4 years! That's a long time Big Daddy for a guitar stored at the factory. 4 years waiting for shipping? Maybe the custom shop order was cancelled?
Mine was stored for 5 months and 16 days. Maybe because of the black/black nickel hardware thing what was going on.

Thankx guys, have a nice weekend. Greetz 

ESP 348

Have a great weekend Alex.

Alex K0907304

Thankx Big Daddy for your friendliness. I send you a pm.
Greetz Alex

Post to Thread