JH Grynch

Updated
JH Grynch

Perhaps a stupid quiestion to start a topic over, but here I go.

What's the current value of a LTD Grynch in mint condition?

Just want to get a little grip of how much they go for these days.

Thanks in advance!

Big Daddy B

there's one on ebay for $2750 and one on Reverb for $2300

Ankan

Thank you for the input Sir.

Follow up question. Are they worth that kind of money according to you more experienced collectors?

Big Daddy B

better question is: Is it worth it to you?

Pushead

I paid $900 for one without a COA or case in slightly better than player's condition in January.  It was worth $900 to me, but not much more than that.

When the guitar was new, it sold for $869 with no case (or very close). At the height, I've seen them around (and maybe over) $2k, but I suspect those days are over.

Unfortunately, it was never a guitar Het played much (like so many of his signature guitars.)

Ankan

Daddy: Yeah I know. But it still feels kind of bettre to get input from one of you guys.

Push: The one for sale is priced at 2350 US dollars. Didn't think they where that expensive, even though

they are pretty rare. Especially when Hetfield rarely play them live.

But as you said, you get what people are wiling to pay..

EDIT: Don't know if it's because they only made like 260 of them.

But I got my Snakebyte ( ESP ) for only 1600 US dollars, and it's kind of wierd to me that the Grynch is more expensive.

Breadfan32

It's a guitar people seem to ask a lot for but I don't think it ever sells for that asking price.  

Big Daddy B

I didn't check for sure but the listings may have offer options where you can offer less money.

Ankan

It's a lot of money that I'd rather spend on a MX, but since they rarely shows up, it feels like I "have" to buy this haha

BlackJack21

Have you ever played a baritone before? That's what the Grynch is, so the neck is longer and definitely feels different than a standard guitar. So that might be something to consider, but I agree though I would rather use that money on an MX over the Grynch.

Post to Thread