KH 2 Vintage Black Nickel Hardware version

Updated
KH 2 Vintage Black Nickel Hardware version

Hi everybody,
I wonder if there are other people here on the forum who own a KH 2 Vintage Black Nickel Hardware version guitar?
I can't imagine that I am the only one!

I know it's only made for 2 years for the European market. Honestly, I don't find much (pics or anything) on the internet. Yeah sure! My own pics that I posted from my earlier post and that's it.

http://www.espguitars.com/forums/1963224/posts/2155882-kh-2-vintage-2009

This in combination with the amount of damages made on my guitar makes it very unique (I think)
So ..... anybody out there?

Greetz Alex from the Netherlands.

ESP 348

Hello Alex,

Hope all has been well mate.

Alex K0907304

Thankx ESP 348, everything is fine here. I have been practicing a lot togerher with my daughther who plays acoustic. At this moment I am playing the Fade to Black solo. Nice to learn. I am still very satisfied and happy with my Vintage KH 2.

Greetz Alex 

ESP 348

That's great to hear man. I have twin 5 year old girls, they never took up guitar. They just never wanted to do it. :(

I have a new baby girl, she is 2 weeks old and hopefully she shows some interest in playing the guitar lol.

You are lucky that your daughter is happy to play guitar with you Alex.

Fade To Black solo!! That's awesome man and great to hear you are still enjoying the Vintage! It's a great guitar man and one of my favs.

Alex K0907304

Well, it's nice to know that there are not many people out there that have a black nickel KH 2 Vintage model. Further I've seen a KH 2 neck-thru STD black nickel one but not any vintage-one's.

Regarding the large amount of damages on my guitar I'm going to contact Stefan Kühn again in Germany from the ESP customer service.

Lately I needed a new tremelo arm (of course a black nickel one). When I sent them an e-mail they immediately linked me to the specific departement. Within 2 hours they contacted me and in 5 days I had two new tremelo arms in my hands. Outstanding service!
I think I will buy new black nickel knobs soon anyway. Maybe I'll go for the black hardware like Big Daddy B said earlier. I don't know yet. Actually I'm quite curious how it'll look with orginal black Kirk hardware in combination with the amount of damages.

I'm going to ask Mr. Kühn why there are so many differences in the amount of damage (relic finishes) on the guitars through the years. Maybe he's got an explanation for it. Hope that he can also tell me how much KH 2 Vintage black nickel versions ESP has made in those 2 years of production.
Big Daddy B, ESP 348, (or anyone), if you have any added questions please let me know. So I'm can ask him immediately.

Like in my earlier post where Big Daddy B and me where discussing the differences between maybe "machine made" or "custom shop made" KH 2 Vintage guitars. I truly belief that mine one is a F**King Custom Shop.

Here are some recent pics of my one of a kind Kirk Hammett Vintage guitar (I think) where you can clearly see the differences in the making (relic finishes) of the KH 2 Vintage.

Maybe my guitar belongs in the list of the top 3 KH ESP Custom guitars. 

Like Big Daddy B previously said: it would be nice if ESP chimed in on this. When I get an answer from the ESP customer service I'll let you guys know.
Greetz Alex

Big Daddy B

Killer pics man!

Big Daddy B

Just noticed from your extra large pics of Kirk has a tremsetter installed on the original Caution. Not a surprise I have seen that on several other of his guitars.

Also the pic of him rubbing the guitar against the speaker looks like that is a KH-20.

Guiguitarz

Yes, and it was in Milano 2015, I was 2 meters away from him 

Guiguitarz

Really Cool Alex, thanks for sharing that, really nice pics !

ESP 348

Great pics Alex! Nicely put together.

I can't think of anything in particular I want you to ask him, but if I come up with something I will let you know.

Pushead

Ask him if he knows anyone with the top 3 ESP KH sig models.

Guiguitarz

load more replies (1 of 1)
BlackJack21

I'd definitely switch it to all black hardware, and it looks like you've been playing yours a lot more than Kirk has. 

NRudy

Hey Alex , ask if he knows why Esp and Kirk did not make a custom shop guitar since 2013 for mass production SS custom shop or run of ESP GUITARS- since those KHDC which did they sell the STBLK in the USA I rarely see it. Kirk only put out with esp some LTD/ESP real cheap guitars made in Korea or Indonesia etc... why did they stop making custom shop ESP SS or Custom Esp kh models?  They made 2 new guitars in 3 colors for James(blk/white snakebites & the Flying V vulture) plus an E-II James used in the past year, I wonder why there was no kh-30 like they did for GL, or no KH ESP MODELS guitars in ESP USA & the launching or rebranding E-II series.

Ty Alex Cheers! Nate

I saw some people have been trying to sell the STBLK khdc guitar for around $1800-$2200 to even Brand new with coa  mint condition for $2999 for years but they cannot seem to sell it??? 

I only saw 1 STBLK KHDC except mine. What a top 3 KH guitar ? So rare. Recently my most comfortable and awesome Gibson Flying V kh run has been played a lot- so comfortable to play and I pretty much use 4 distressed/ relic guitars.

just got in my 2nd Gibson Flying this one signed by Kirk. 

The khdc was the last true ESP KIRK used barely live. its been around 5 years but both finishes new  that came with a rather hefty Msrp (a lot more in other countries) of around $9,000 yet stores have them hanging for $6000 or more the lowest new model in a store I saw was a 3 year floor model and was $5499 demo & did not sell in years. Some owners trying to sell the Bc and I only saw 1  STBLK KHDC can't get $3000 even less trying to sell the guitar a real long time maybe 2 years. 

Who here has a black see thru KHDC ? Why do people night like a custom esp or is it as simple as the kh-1 and kh-4 Kirk just does t use the blk or bc KHDC much .. he used it in turn the page last concert in 2016 I was at - Do you like it? Pros cons ? As for ESP Customer service in the USA it's nothing compared to other guitar brands imo. Maybe I called 4x at the wrong time.

Sephiroth

Alex, that is some extreme wear you have on your guitar, I dont think I've seen others with quite that amount of damage. Kirk's doesn't even have that amount. Maybe the luthier was having a bad day and took it out on the finishing . It would be interesting to hear if they come back to you with an answer on if they varied the amount of wear over the years. 

Nate. Are you saying the KHDC is a top 3 guitar because it's rare? 

I saw some people have been trying to sell the STBLK khdc guitar for around $1800-$2200 to even Brand new with coa  mint condition for $2999 for years but they cannot seem to sell it??? 

I only saw 1 STBLK KHDC except mine. What a top 3 KH guitar ? So rare.

"My blk khdc def is a top 3 for sure pusshead."

You still dont like it though right? Less than 10 months ago you said you didn't like the khdc and that they were over priced.

"I'm just going to say the khdc were a bust they are not good guitars or Kirk would use them more I don't like mine I sold the black cherry and I wouldn't be able to get 3k for 1 that's new never played but 10 min the see thru blk grey is a bit better than the BC but I have seen 2 KHDC guitars mine I got insanely almost free long story..........................khdc is not on par with other hammetts period stop."

"+1 the khdc was over priced it's not in the class of a custom les Paul or many Gibson customs or other brands it's not "

"my blk DC was made in "S" i got it from a endorsed esp artist that got it for free for $900 cash with the case in SF"

"Just wondering I have a brand new khdc in stblk the msrp is like 8k I tried selling it for $3600 n I couldn't most ppl have the black cherry one but the stb I think is a bit more rare"'

The question on why haven't they released a new production model that isn't limited is a good one.

However, what new guitars does he now have since 2013? He doesn't seem keen on doing any of the monster collection (apart from LTD decal versions), you can still get the normal KH-2 and the vintage, what is left to choose from as a new standard production guitar? They could always go back to an older model that was previously limited and now make them a standard production model like they did with the Relic and vintage. Anything with minimal graphics I would think, so they don't have to spend too many hours on one guitar, unless they use a decal? The KH-2 SE greenburst maybe?

BlackJack21

Very true, ESP is also in the business of making money. Selling an unlimited supply of affordable Kirk LTD models for the mass audience, makes more money for them than 50-100 limited custom shop models. So I think that's where their focus is nowadays unfortunately.

Sephiroth

Very true, ESP is also in the business of making money. Selling an unlimited supply of affordable Kirk LTD models for the mass audience, makes more money for them than 50-100 limited custom shop models. So I think that's where their focus is nowadays unfortunately.

Yeah that's a very good point and I think you are probably right with this. Especially as the ESP artists seem to be having alot of ltd signature models. I'm not familiar with their whole artist roster so had a look on their product page to see what artist sigs are available. Maybe Kirk's will go this way aswell. Demonology this year, maybe that Zombie Samba ltd will be his next to be released? Could they push all their artists to go the ltd route, or E-II route? 

Out of 31 artists on the guitar products page, 15 of them their top model is a Ltd, 13 have an ESP as their top model, and 3 have an E-II as their top model. the Artists with ESP sigs seem to be the older ones. 

ESP 348

The KHDC is a nice guitar in either red or black. 

But "in the top 3 KH guitars" ??????

NO fucken chance!!!! Lol

Guiguitarz

Here's my top 10 KH guitars  :

Totally went off topic, but I made this "photocollage" last days and wanted to share it with you guys. I really miss the KH-20. And the Gibson V Aged. And .... 

BlackJack21

Nice layout, do you plan on updating those inlays on your monsters any time soon?

Guiguitarz

As I said on my post http://www.espguitars.com/forums/1963222/posts/2151512-my-kirk-hammett-monster-movies-collection , yes, they are drawn and ready to cut, I just need some cash to have them done, and I'm not near my luthier anymore, it's a 8 hrs drive to bring the guitars ... I tried to begin the work with a good luthier here on the BRIDE and I told him to stop, because I didn't feel it. I prefer to wait.

BlackJack21

Gotcha, yea that was a year ago, so just wanted to see if you started the process yet. 

ESP 348

That's awesome man!! Great how you put them all together!

We have some very talented members here on the forum.

Love seeing all those colourful 'Monster Collection" guitars you have.

Guiguitarz

Thank you mate 

Post to Thread