ESP Artist Guitar Showcase at Namm 2017

Updated
ESP Artist Guitar Showcase at Namm 2017

Looks like ESP is showcasing some of their artist's original guitars. One is the original tiger for George Lynch, the Man to Wolf explorer for James, the KH-3 and Ouija for Kirk, and one of Jeff Hanneman's originals.

Finally people will get to see what the actual KH-3 looks like with the ebony fretboard, and green spider.

ESPEXP

That's awesome!! Can't wait to see the high resolution pics of the original "Man to Wolf" beast!! I want to see pics of your old KH-3 again from back in the day.

ESP 348

Huh, it has an Ebony Fretboard and the spider is green??

I thought it had a Rosewood Fretboard and yellow spider.

I am definitely looking forward to seeing these pics.

A few friends are going there this weekend, one friend invited me but I can't just pack up and fly from Australia to the US on such short notice. lol

Kinda wish I did though. Would love to see those guitars in person, I more than likely will never see them again.

Breadfan32

When I went to Orion festival in Altanta and Detroit I took a shit ton of photos of all the guitars that were on display.  They were taken on an older phone which I didn't get around to saving.  Really wish I did.  The KH3 was there and it was beat to shit.  

BlackJack21

From one of the festivals overseas.

BlackJack21

Yea here's my old KH-3 from way back when, sold it years ago though to an old ESP forum member Fordman65. I got the spider repainted but the color was a bit off from Kirk's.

ESPEXP

WOW!! That's it! Cool guitar but didn't like how small the body was...

BlackJack21

Here is Kirk's original.

GuitarsCollector

Hey where did you find that pic???

Road King

Ebony board. I like. Wtf is with the strings balls around the tuners? Not professional.

Breadfan32

Easier to put the strings on.  A couple twist is all you need.  They change strings for every show so quicker to do.  I don't like the look of it though.  

load more replies (1 of 1)
NRudy

how come kirk only uses gibsons for his single cut guitars 20 or so years ago kirk retired the KH-3, its possible he used it rarely and maybe during S&M or the fillmore shows 2003 but it was i think retired in the mid to late 90s- in may i was at both along with 136 shows worldwide- althought with a dreadful back and still needing therapy and another surgery I only saw them b4 the superbowl 1 time in 2016. I live in NYC went out for the week to SF- i shouldce cared or paid more attention to the guitars at the airport and at the orion festivals in AC and Detriot, they will be in a stadium tour for the new album in NJ prob july or summer they didnt announce it yet

anyways i shouldve cared and paid attention has he used the KH-1's KH-3's KH'4s at all past 12 years ? i shouldve looked at the museum at both fillmore show and week 2003 and week of 4 amazing shows in 2011 but i did not. as well as the airport at SFO... are the kh1's kh'3s kh4's dated like they made advances in technology with hardware pickups floyd etc ?

im just wondering if he preffers gibson LP over ESP Eclipse or any brands SC guitar for the ballads he likes using his 2 million dollar "greeny" guitar gibson LP as well as for fade he uses i think a flame tiger cranberry red class 5 gibson custom shop LP, nem hell change gibsons vintage original LP and LPC, the usual ones are 2 blk, amber, gold, 2 reds cranberry and trans red tiger a trans stblk, the 1989 gibson LP ebony/gold- m0ded to all blk and emg's james says was one of the best sounding guitars hes ever heard- besides for the unforgiven and one in the music cideo of one has he used a fender strat or tele live ? he uses gibsons why not a nice custom esp eclipse or modern kh-3 why did he really stop using SC guitars save for ballads ?

seems like kirk uses Jackson RR1 custom with his mods for  heavy tuned down songs like - sad but true about 6-12 different gibson custom vintage moded les pauls custom or custom shops for the ballads, the mummy (6-8 monster airbrushed custom M-II ESP as well as a custom MII with that silver i think pickguard) and kh-2 NTB vintage my fav for most- and a esp custom flying V- throw in some "monsters" which are custom MII esp custom shop, and once in a while same MII custom ouija or a monster airbrushed custom- turn the page or slide hell use a KHDC recently he use a new green DC on Howard sterns fall or so 2016, Nem, gibson..., gibson and esp flying V's ,,, ESP make amazing beautiful sounding well built custom guitars not overpriced like gibson not as artsy as PRS I love ESP guitars not that im a huge SC guitar advocate, James uses a lot of them and I have most of James and every one of Kirks guitars that at some point were for sale ESP Gibson only plus moded many gibsons and ESP custom shop to guitars kirk used and have some tom andersons tueffel custom guitars more jacksons mostly ESP just not ESP/LTD. I Just wonder why in 5 years no new ESP guitars that are real ESP something is going on there- why not a nice SC limited to 30 only "kh-30" this way he may not use it but only on rare occasion like he used the kh-20 rarely after a while or to warm up backstage in the mexico 2009 DVD why not a nice eclipse custom or updated kh-3 or call it a KH-5 i saw him use the KH-3 a while ago  early 90s late 80s mid 90s- like using it for the fast songs although I have seen him live use the KH-3 play harvester of sorrow and Puppets with his KH-3 as well as creeeping death sandman. but that was a very very long time ago.

ESP 348

Thanks for the pics BJ! That guitar of yours, did you have the sticker removed and you had someone airbrush over the top of it?

And was the fretboard on your guitar also Ebony?? The colour is definitely off, but you owned a very cool guitar man.

Thanks for the pics of Kirk's KH3. Where did you get them pics from?? Did you take them yourself?

Ebony fretboard is awesome! Thanks for sharing these pics, much appreciated.

BlackJack21

np. I sent it in to a graphic artist and it was airbrushed on with the new color. Unfortunately I did this back in the early 2000s, so I didn't have good enough quality pics back then to get the correct color applied. Yea that had an ebony fretboard on it. From the serial number it looks like it was made in 95 or 96, and probably a custom order.

ESP 348

Awesome, thanks man. Ebony fretboard is awesome!! Definitely suits that guitar better.

Sephiroth

We really need someone in there to take some close up pics of these. Really want to see that of wolf and man explorer.

ESP on Tour Namm 2017

ESP 348

Is the only pic you have seen of them Sepi??

Oh, I see.

I have a few pics A LOT better than that I can post up from Facebook that some friends took.

But I still can't believe they didn't take better pics of them. I am not a pro photographer, but I could have taken better pics.

I will post them up as soon as I can man.

RaulTx

Yeah, I hope someone takes some closer pictures from them, I would spend half a day just there watching the man to wolf 

Colin Groove

I never thought to do that with the strings haha

AK

Here's a great tour of the ESP booth with all the models. You can get a good look at the demonology model and at the very end you get to see the showcase and of course the mighty man to wolf explorer.

Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XoaKAZ8AF8

ESP 348

Cheers for the video AK, watching it now.

Post to Thread