LTD Kirk Hammett KH Demonology 2017

Updated
LTD Kirk Hammett KH Demonology 2017

Looks likes the new Kirk Hammett LTD model for this year is a reality.

Big Daddy B

@G go to the 12:34 mark

Guiguitarz

Here it is !

Big Daddy B

Here it is !

both the badge and my ability to embed

BlackJack21

Here's another video that shows it when talked about it a while back BigD. @ the 6:15 & 6:47 mark.

ESP 348

Great stuff, I love seeing the back of Kirk's guitars.

NRudy

I know the guy on reverb his guitar is ligit. He also has the 2009 esp iron cross but won't sell it. I wouldn't sell my kh-20 or buy another 1 but ty. I prefer to get my guitars new and at platinum ESP dealer cost. I have more than enough guitars anyways. I had someone take such amazing photos of my kh-20 as well as videos and the ouija guitars and others. I'm not going to post them there's honestly no point with every photo at all times of the day without filtering the photos just using an iPhone (and his own camera which will be a few days before I see the prints ) it came out stunning and a different shade color based on lighting and angles.

I wouldn't sell my kh20 guitar I doubt anyone would so while you laugh when ppl put it for sale. 1- they are prob just getting feelers which by the way helps everyone who owns a kh-20 keeps the market high. 2- unless it's your last guitar for ppl who own a kh-20 your not going to sell it for 10k not even 6k -7k cash. So who cares if ppl put it for 25k if someone sees it at the right time and they have too much money do you think they care there are ppl that would buy it whatever the cost the more money they have the more eccentric they usually are.

. Because only 39 or so were purchased plus 2 Kirk got and you can't buy a new one if you want a kh-20 dead mint for a bargain you would have to catch a current owner  in an unfortunate situation (which I hope no-1 has) but if anyone wants 1 and they have the money they will pay whatever it takes. 

I sold some prs custom inlay private stocks with pure insane art and crazy materials to very wealthy ppl that paid full msrp plus 20k just not to wait 2 years for a custom inlay private stock it's really simple anything is worth what 1 person would pay for it.

Most ppl that say this or that has been on eBay or other sites for 20k for a year, or whatever ... either don't have the guitar or have the guitar but have a double standard.

They say 10k is a crazy price when they wouldt sell their own kh-20 for 10K or more - so who cares it's a listing and it helps any1 who has a kh-20.

again a guitar or any object is worth what an eccentric buyer would pay for it. In fact wealthy people most of the time enjoy telling their friends how expensive things are. They have hundreds of million or billions. Even some are comfortable with net 15-30 million. This is usually the case in my experience. however not all wealthy people are eccentric some billionaires are insanely cheap. I don't know anyone around me that is like that most enjoy life and indulge- if they did not companies like Tiffany Ferrari Bentley I can go on, any watch or colored diamonds cars and custom anything from a diamond made piano to a gold custom car ...  (And brands most people never heard of until google came out) or still brands that don't advertise or advertise in Amex centurion magazines or in very expensive yacht clubs etc... these companies sell only to people on a waiting list that seek them out. 

its all relative right person right time right situation. Supply demand same rules still apply.

honestly you mention ppl are crazy for asking 25k for guitars which compared to vintage gibsons and fenders etc is honestly tax on some guitars friends of mine purchased. 

Point is why do u care what someone lists any guitar for ? Who cares? Are they idiots no I've sold guitars worth 10k for 50k so no they are not stupid they are smart if anyone who's wealthy sees it they will buy it if they want it. I've purchased things 40x above market and sold things 40x above market it's all about having something that someone needs for business for a client/s or wants. I will say I've purchased crazy things above market or face value for ppl I do business with. so not for my use despite going to Super Bowls and taking clients. Or World Series games. To prime time events in business it's like advertising we've done commercials got pro athletes to endorse products etc.. so spending 25k a ticket for an event an showing a buyer from target a good time is basically investing servicing clients keeping them happy because we do millions with them. 

If anything you should be annoyed that Metallica is selling the right to say hello to them and take a photo for 3k a person... they never did this and the charity is just a write off.. that's something that should be simply earned or won not purchased from ppl reselling it for god knows how much like brokers or ppl that have enough money that 7k on a concert is pocket change I don't get why a person would pay 3k a ticket to meet them sure it's great saying hi to Metallica I have several times but I'd pay for guitar lessons with Kirk and James not for a photo and worst of all they should give those ppl tickets on the side of the stage a car picking them up I'd pay for air conditioning and to be on the stage on a couch with food and drink service not to say hi get a photo a set list a t shirt and seats 200 feet away from the stage. It's like if they roped off 2 rows in the snake pit maybe but I just got rubbed the wrong way when this whole enhanced experience came out and full disclosure since the sight became free legacy really is almost the same and the 1-2 hour window I had to purchase tickets was crazy prob the worst experience buying talkica tickets in over 22 years.

the site the second Tix went on sale wasn't letting me for 90 min buy Tix to any shows so I just purchased for 2 shows 2 packages I think whiplash it was around $1800 for 2 Tix to 2 shows. I really just wanted to get tickets and not wait all day the club use to be awesome but it's a dif world now...

it also rubbed me the wrong way watching Kirk taking masterpieces of custom esp guitars and smashing them and messing them up maybe they will make a distressed white zombie in the future because he keeps banging it out on stage

I don't think ppl who preordered their kh-20 or purchased the first 12 and are huge fans of Metallica and Kirk would part with the guitar.. yes sure I can see I know some ppl that purchased it used it a bit and sold it for a few grand profit. But now 10 years later if you wanna buy a kh-20 chances are the guitars are in hands of huge fans that wouldn't sell it for less than 15k. I don't have any LTD/Esp guitars I once got the white zombie as a throw in free from a store I played it 1x I liked the case. It frankly isn't ever used and I will prob regift it. 

Just my taste I wouldn't buy a esp/ltd I'm not sure why I like guitars that have the esp logo it's my fav company because when I was looking for a guitar the original mII  custom early 90s I tried and ordered after a 1993 kh-2 maybe 1994 was from 48th st custom in Nyc where esp started. I can easily tell the difference between ESP and LTD  in fact tonight I was playing 2 hours old Metallica songs and my wife had 3 guitars all ESP KH  models bolt ons and ntb. I was blindfolded and was able to hear feel the difference between the kh-2 ntb the kh-2 bolt on and a kh-2 vintage and I knew the difference from each guitar so I easily playing 1-2x the white zombie ltd anyone who's played a quality esp guitar would feel the dif- and hear that I'm trying to find a new esp eclipse so I can compare esp USA to EII But more imp the esp custom made in Japan vs esp USA.

i might get the kh demon guitar despite the ltd- cuz of I need some guitars I can leave out that I don't mind if my kids touch the guitar and leave it on a stand I end up playing a lot more when it's on a stand in the living room- but I take a chance with 3 kids and friends of theirs coming over they may ding it playing ball that would be the reason to get the ltd demon- 

Nathan S.

Guiguitarz

Pushead
Who cares?

This is all I got from that last post.

ESP 348

That hurt to read Nate. lol.

Hypnotoad6969

Warehouse full of old unsold 602s....   Throw some cheap graphics on it and charge an extra 250$.  Kirk will play it on stage a few times as an advertisement and we will never see it again, sept for ebay

ESP 348

Lol, sounds about right man.

ESP 348

Speaking of Kirk's serial numbers......

Watching some old Metallica videos on Youtube and came across this video from them playing live in Switzerland in 1993.

Skip to 4.35 mins in and take a look at the back of Kirk's guitar.

That guitar would be one of, if not Kirk's original KH2 which has no serial number, logo or 'made in Japan' sticker on the back of the headstock lol.

I would love to see the back of his original reverse inlay Ouija, I bet there is no serial number on the back of that one either.

I find these serial numbers all very interesting, sorry if I am annoying anyone.

Guiguitarz

We have to go to 4:10 and not 4:35, and I think this guitar is his MM-290, which is nowadays his "HOT - Caution" guitar.

ESP 348

I stand corrected, it's 4.25 and at 4.25 it's a little closer and clearer to watch than at 4.10.

And yes, I think it's that same guitar G.

But we may never know for sure.

Big Daddy B

Pap you can also see the KH-2 at the 2:20 mark here. This video is how I ended up with my Vintage. I was between a 2012 with the circle bardge and a 2013 with no badge so went 2013 because I felt it was more like the original. Now even more so with the old school TRC.

Guiguitarz

What a nice embeded video B. ! 

Big Daddy B

I think I have it down now.

ESP 348

Cheers Big Daddy, I see it and I think it looks cool man.

ESP 348

Kirk trying to break the new Ernie Ball Paradigm strings, while using his White Zombie guitar.

http://www.guitarworld.com/artist-news/kirk-hammett-tries-break-ernie-balls-new-paradigm-guitar-strings/31102

Talon

I don't recall where I saw it (YT probably), but Kirk's guitar tech said that he has a couple LTD guitars with bolt on necks for when Kirk wants to go on stage and abuse the guitar, drop it, smash it, etc. The tech said Kirk abuses the LTDs because it's obviously much easier to fix/replace a broken neck with a bolt on than a through.

Not a big fan of the Demonology. I tried to like it, but just can't get into it. And not just because it's an LTD; I'd buy an LTD and play the crap out of it... it just seems half-assed. Probably a good thing... saves me $1,000.

BlackJack21

Finally in stock.

LTD KH Demonology

Breadfan32

Looks like they got rid of the 602 at bottom of fret board which I thought they would and put KH on trust rod cover.

Post to Thread