LTD GL Burnt Tiger

Updated
LTD GL Burnt Tiger

So I ordered the burnt tiger a week ago and will have it on layaway for about 6 months.

Who has one? What's your experience?  And what amps are you using/how does it sound? Have you swaped the pickup?

http://www.espguitars.com/photos/2332912

Breadfan32

Read the ESP inspection post posted the other day in this section.   

Colin Groove

Poor Tommy but not much on reviews. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep checking back.

Tommy R.

I have to say that the craftsmanship is great....nicely done carved top, straight neck (after luthier adjusted), stainless steel frets...

I had to have a luthier set mine up.  Truss rod was off a lot & needed a fret dressing according to him.

Pickup was screwed at angle so it was tilted, but he fixed that as well.

Sound...pickup sounds aggresive & a little trebly to me.  I ran it thru a zoom g3x w amp simulation.

Plan on changing the floyd rose block to something else.

I'd say its a great guitar....I do question if it deserves the price tag though.

Colin Groove

I had the floyd rose model as well but I sold it to help pay for my Gary Holt ESP model lol. I felt bad for doing it but I will be getting the fixed bridge model sometime in the near future. Maybe swap out the pickups, but I can't decide yet.

Thanks!

load more replies (1 of 1)
ESP 348

Reckon the Floyd Rose Blocks make a big difference in tone????

Reckon I should change mine out?

Colin Groove

What kind of block? I've seen the "treble no", seems alright. I wish floyd's could do what the kahler's could do, have the little blocking screw to make it a fixed bridge.

I would say a block affects tone as well.

Tommy R.

I was thinking of this sustain block...

http://www.floydrose.com/catalog/upgrades/sustain-blocks/pro-fat-brass-block

But im not sure if it will fit the floyd on these guitars.  I think these are floyd specials...korean made.

Who knows, probably get one just to see how it affects the tone.

Road King

Drop $2K on brass and titanium parts for your Floyd. You'll sound and play just like the pros.

ESP 348

Thanks for the replies boys.

Post to Thread