LTD K-500 Kelly Hayes for sale (Maybe)

Updated
LTD K-500 Kelly Hayes for sale (Maybe)

Hey all,

Wondering if anyone would be interested in buying my K-500 Kelly Hayes model? I'm currently refinishing the satin black paint job (the original was pretty beat up and shiny in some spots), and I'm considering putting it up for sale when I'm done. I'd rather offer it to someone here who might really appreciate it before putting it on Ebay to the general public. Please let me know. I can provide any specs and photos.

Currently it has a set of EMG James Hetfield pickups in it. The original HZ's are long gone.

Thanks.

Butch S.

Keep me in the loop...

Cheers,

Butch

patrick l.

Finished the refin. I think it came out pretty good. I just have to figure out how to get the headstock logo back on. I'm working on making a stencil. If that looks shitty I might just route it in and fill it with mother-of-pearl or something along those lines.

ESP 348

Awesome job! More pics please.

And make them larger too.

patrick l.

Thanks, I will do that. I rushed these pics up. I hadn't even cleaned the dust from all the sanding off the guitar yet. I'll clean it up and have better lighting, rather than it being in my wreck of a basement workshop in the dark.

On a side note, I discovered that I apparently had the bridge on backwards for some time and didn't notice. I knew my intonation was off, but I thought maybe the truss rod was out of whack. As soon as I reassembled it (With the bridge in the right position), it plays perfectly. I forgot how much I loved playing this guitar, as I've been playing nothing but my Strat for a few years.

load more replies (6 of 6)
patrick l.

ESP 348

Cheers Patrick, I will give it a go now myself.

To make them larger, select XL images before you post them.

Guitar looks awesome man, thanks for the pics.

ESP 348

I just tried again Patrick, nope........still can't upload pics. :(

Thanks for the info though, much appreciated.

Post to Thread