Where the hell are all the JH-2?

Updated
Where the hell are all the JH-2?
OK, I'm trying to figure this out for a while already. I have one of the long serial JH-2's. So far I found six of them. Also, only a few of the original 200 have been posted here. Does anyone know what's up with that? How many of the long serial JH-2's were build? What about the other ones, where there really 200 since only a few below #100 show up? Sorry, to post this again, but I didn't get an answer from espguitar. Thanks, Jay
jibe

Hi,

I got one with a normal serial as well (not from the 200 run...)

So I would be interested in getting some info as well! :D

From what I heard so far, those guitars were either made with the spare parts of the original run... OR they were some kind of prototype before the run...
Don't know if any of this is true tho... :o

vdubs75

I was told that they were build out of spare parts, too. I'm not sure if that is true, but it makes sense. The weird thing is, that I bought an Explorer in September 2001 with serial 37849, which was build in 1999. I bought the JH-2 with a lower serial (35689) in December 2001, and it was brand new from the factory. Aren't the serial numbers sequentially distributed over all manufactured guitars? The COA said it was build in 1999, which makes sense because of the serial, but the guitar was as new as it could be. I'm having a hard time believing, that the guitar sat in the factory for two years. I guess it was build after 1999 and they used the "signature series" factor to sell them better. Well, I don't know exactly what the original retail price of the limited JH-2 was ($2499 ?), but I paid a decent $2300. It also appears to be, that most of the long serial JH-2 were sold outside the US, due to the gibson lawsuit.

SINISTER

over the years i have a quite a few jh-2 pop up and i have never seen one past 100, all have been under 100. maybe esp made 200 and only the first 100 were numbered and the 2nd hundered had serial numbers. these guitars have been around about 10 years and in that time im sure somebody would have seen one with a number over 100.

vdubs75

I saw the following showing up over the last 8 years:

and long serials:

frantic77

over the years i have a quite a few jh-2 pop up and i have never seen one past 100, all have been under 100. maybe esp made 200 and only the first 100 were numbered and the 2nd hundered had serial numbers. these guitars have been around about 10 years and in that time im sure somebody would have seen one with a number over 100.

good theory

shred-hed

Why are they bolt-ons?

Gfunk

Why are they bolt-ons?

Why are the JH-1s bolts too?

Along with the KH-1s, KH-2s, KH-3s, etc.?

Dmc83

Any JH2 for sale ?

rlhjr34

I originally owned #38 and bought it brand new from Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center. I sold it on eBay later that year to fund a honeymoon. Still married to her so I guess I did the right thing? LOL

Post to Thread