Hetfield iron cross

Updated
Samuel D.

Anyone have issues with the neck pickup humming on these? I just got mine and it makes a low pitch loud hum when the neck pickup is selected. Plugged another guitar with active pickups into the same cord and it didn't make the noise. Low battery maybe or something wrong with it?

Pushead

If you have the strings off, I'd suggest pulling the neck pickup and making sure the quick-connect is firmly attached.  Otherwise, I suspect it's in the wiring in the cavity.

If it's too much noise for you to handle, you can ship it to me for proper disposal.

Samuel D.

Appreciate the offer but il sen it back to the factory lol

ESP 348

Lol, try the battery first but I doubt that will fix it.

Any decent guitar repair shop will be able to fix it for you.

Or send back to ESP if it's not too much trouble for you.

Samuel D.

I'm messing with it now, it almost seems like it depends where I'm standing. But it still only does it on the neck pup

Samuel D.

Also Iv just discovered it only does it on the dirty channel. Clean channel no noise at all

ESP 348

Hmmmmmmmmmm, ok. Have you changed the battery?

Samuel D.

Yeah I change the battery. Put it back on the dirty channel and turned the gain on the amp way down and it stopped doing it. I think it may just be feedback 

ESP 348

Ok man, sounds like it might be just feedback.

Rather odd that it just started doing it though. Or has something changed?

Samuel D.

It did it out of the box. Plugged it into my little fender mustang didn't do it a bit seems to just be on my marshall

Post to Thread