• ESP 348

Lol, good chick Pus.

• AK

The album leaked. Very interesting album. Some really nice melodies and solos. Doesn't disappoint. I'll buy it for sure.

• ESP 348

I heard it was leaked this morning, but I haven't looked for it.

I will wait till my next days off which is in 4 days time to buy it. It will be a nice first day off present to myself lol.

• Mark P.

I went looking for the leak and then stopped myself from listening to it. I preordered it and will get it in 4 days so I figure I can wait. Part of me loves modern day technology but I feel like the instant gratification thing is just too overdone these days and it takes something away from the experience whether it be music or movies. For the first time in a long time I want to open the CD packaging and actually put the disc in and listen to the album properly from start to finish. The millenial in me wants it now but I feel like it will be far less enjoyable. 

• Breadfan32

I agree.  I pay for music but it has all been on iTunes or Spotify.  Can't remember when I bought a CD or record.  It's almost pointless for me since the most convenient is having music on my phone which I can bring anywhere.

Im commited to buying this album CD or record Friday.  

• ESP 348

A friend sent me a link to listen to it, but I haven't and I won't. I will pick the album up on Friday hopefully when I am on my days off.

• Mark P.

So it looks like the remainder of the songs/videos are getting released today and tomorrow. Pretty creative way to combat the leaking of the album if you ask me. Still not listening to any of them until Friday though. Whole album all at once!

• Breadfan32

I've been watching the videos.  Some pretty awesome stuff! 

• Sephiroth

I've watched some of what they have put out just to see what guitars they are using in the videos they do appear in.

• ESP 348

I am off to buy the album today and will watch those video clips tonight.

• Mark P.

So the album arrived in my Mailbox today and I have had a chance to listen to it... I love it! Probably the most diverse album they have done, It is almost like Load/Reload combined with Master of Puppets, no exagerration.

• Breadfan32

I would agree Mark.  I love the diversity of this album.  Unless Metallica puts out another album I don't think I will ever be this excited hearing a new album again.  

I think they did a great job doing all videos for it too.  I was also pleasently surprised with the new version of lords of summer too! 

• Mark P.
        Breadfan32 wrote:

I would agree Mark.  I love the diversity of this album.  Unless Metallica puts out another album I don't think I will ever be this excited hearing a new album again.  

I think they did a great job doing all videos for it too.  I was also pleasently surprised with the new version of lords of summer too! 

Yes, I am glad you mentioned that! Lords of Summer was a pleasant surprise with the improved production and slightly shorter edit. They have already said there will be another album and it won't take another 8 years but I have to say that this could end up breaking my top 3 Metallica albums with enough time.

• Breadfan32
        Mark P. wrote:

Yes, I am glad you mentioned that! Lords of Summer was a pleasant surprise with the improved production and slightly shorter edit. They have already said there will be another album and it won't take another 8 years but I have to say that this could end up breaking my top 3 Metallica albums with enough time.

i can't stop listening to it.  I'm loving how bad ass these songs sound.  Can't believe I'm saying this but I almost like the slower hard songs better than the fast thrash ones.  It's really a perfect blend of everything.  

I actually really liked death magnetic and every song on this blows anyone of those away.  Just some of the heaviest riffs.  

• ESP 348

That's awesome man! I am looking forward to hearing it soon.

• AK

After listening the whole album on repeat for a week, then watching the videos (yeah I check out the guitars too..obviously ) I can safely conclude that it is an amazing album. Really beautiful. Some vocal melodies James came up with are truly killer. Now I will go and buy the album. I might even get the box set. Such a great album.

• ESP 348

I just picked up the ablum this morning. Can't wait to thrash it soon.

I have listened to all the songs now, there are way too many favourites!

But I am still loving Atlas Rise and Moth. But they are all fucken cool!

Hat's off to Metallica, what an amazing job they did with this album.

• themisfit138

To me, the main rift of "Am I Savage" sounds a lot like one of the random rifts on the "Some Kinda of Monster" documentary. 

I am really liking "Halo on Fire," the last half of the song is great, and has a Load feel to it. "Murder One" and "Man Unkind" don't do much for me, but everything else is pretty damn good.  

• ESP 348

Just watched another new video of Metallica playing on Jimmy Kimmel Live. They played Atlas Rise and it looks like Kirk is playing a new guitar perhaps?

I have never seen this one before. The back of the neck looks black also.

Here is a screen shot I just took and the video I found online.

http://www.guitarworld.com/artist-news/metallica-play-trivia-perform-atlas-rise-jimmy-kimmel-live/30364

Cancel