KH Vintage

Updated
Mike A.

Hey I'm looking to buy a used KH Vintage for a somewhat decent price.  If anyone knows someone or somewhere that has one they want to sell.  Please let me know!  Thank you!

Mike A.

Thanks man!! I actually contacted him yesterday but the serial number is weird.  It starts with an "E" instead of an "K".  I asked ESP and he said that guitar didn't register in their database.  Any idea why?  I mean, it doesn't look like a fake..

Guiguitarz

ESP are confused about their own serial numbers, check this, middle of the page : http://www.espguitars.com/forums/1963390/posts/2152034-serial-number-prefixes 

Guiguitarz

So this one looks like it comes from the Tokyo Factory

Mike A.

Thanks man!  Do you know if theres reason why it was built in a different factory?  So was this guitar built in 01 or 16?  Again thanks for your help!

Breadfan32

That's a 2016.  I think most of the ESP signature lines now are being built out of the "e" factory.  Nothing to worry about there unless you have a preference for the "k".  

Looks like a great price depending on where you live.  

Mike A.

Great thanks!  I was just worried because the ESP representative said he couldn't find that serial number in their data base. It should have come with the COA, right?

Breadfan32

A forum member here just bought a new snakebyte and it didn't come with a coa.  Not sure where or why they decide to have them. 

Some also come with different kinds of coa's.  

Sephiroth

Breadfan, I thought I read in another thread the COAs only come with guitars in the American market?

I will add, I don't know how true that is, only that I'm sure I've seen that posted on here somewhere.

Breadfan32

I read that too but then you see some outside of North America that come with them.  Still not 100% clear why some do and some don't.  

ESP 348

That is an awesome guitar and it's part of the new 'generation' of ESP guitars.

Meaning it's a 2016 model because the serial number and the new style ESP logo are a dead give away.

It's still a grey area when it comes to COA with these guitars. The COA was definitely an American thing back in the 90's, but I have purchased guitars from Europe that have come with COA's.

But were they originally American market ESP guitars?? Which is why they have a COA? I don't know and again their COA system will probably never be explained properly.

Good luck with scoring that guitar Mike, I would go for it mate.

Post to Thread