Need Help with a kh-202 strings not straight

Updated
Need Help with a kh-202 strings not straight

hi guys. I've had this kh-202 for some time now and I just changed strings on it and it is really messed up! I changed one string at a time, with a 9V battery under the trem. 

The strings seem to go down the neck at a crooked angle from the headstock going down left all the way to the right if that makes any sense. I took a few pictures to show how it is currently to see if anyone can see what the problem is. Thanks for any help. 

http://i.imgur.com/62PdEAV.jpg 

Pushead

Either the bridge or the neck has shifted slightly.  Loosen the strings and see if the bridge has shifted toward the high E.  It looks like that may be the case.

If that doesn't fix it, with the strings still loose, slightly loosen the 4 screws that attach the neck to the body.  You can slightly wiggle the neck to get the high E further from the edge of the fretboard.  When it's where you want it, tighten the neck screws again.

MattShaw24

Thanks for the reply.

I tried both to no avail. I guess I'll have to take it to guitar center and see if they can figure it out.

ESP 348

Very interesting problem man.

Did this happen while the guitar has been sitting for a while you think?

Now you have gone to change strings and noticed it?

MattShaw24

yes thats pretty much right! :-/

ESP 348

Wow, crazy! I hope none of my ESPs are like this?

I haven't looked at some of my guitars for 4-5 years now.

I am hoping to get them out soon and take new pics and oil them etc, so I will have a play and make sure they are 100% spot on.

Road King
ESP 348 wrote:

I haven't looked at some of my guitars for 4-5 years now. 

Post to Thread