Guitar stands and Paintwork/finish

Updated
Guitar stands and Paintwork/finish

Hello everyone!

Was wondering about the best "storage"/guitar stands for my explorers.

Right now I use Hercules Stands GS412B (Pic below).

My question is if Hercules is the best choise for the guitars, or if they will be damaged in time.

I've heard about some stands who doesn't work well with nitrocellulose lacquer. Don't know if my guitars even have it.

Also if the neck gets put under some sort of "pressure", witch would be very bad.

Maybe I just get paranoid...

The guitars are: ESP Snakebyte and ESP Jesper Strömblad signature.

I'll appreciate all help I can get.

Big Daddy B

Your ESPs are poly finished. If you are worried about it you can cut up some cotton t-shirts and wrap around the contact points. I might be more concerned if the guitars are white that the plastics in the contact points might yellow the finish unevenly with the rest of the guitar. I am unsure of any pressure issues but many people use wall hangers which are essentially the same. You could also check out the Quik Lok QL-691 stand which should work for an explorer. That is what I use for my Jackson Rhoads and the guitar is supported by the body.

Pushead

Yeah, no damage to the paint on the poly finish guitars.  I use old t-shirts on my stands, with no problems.  No worries about issues with the neck having the guitars hang, there is significantly more force enacted on the neck by the strings and trussrod than the measley 7-10lb weight of the guitar can do.

Ankan

This made me a bit calmer..

Thank you very much gents!

Post to Thread