Modifying a Gibson LPC to Kirk hammetts ebony

Updated
Modifying a Gibson LPC to Kirk hammetts ebony

so I have purchased some guitars I'd like to modify to kirks ebony Gibson LPC but they are not from 88 but I'm not sure since I just got the custom made 2 weeks ago with 490 and 498T open pickups and compared to the hetfield truckster n other ESP eclipses I find this Gibson to be amazing n I'm affraid if I mess with it it might not play as well but for now if I to the modification 

I know kirks binding is gold but mine is in ebony 2016 ebony/ chrome which maybe I just put emgs and 2014 ebony/gold I can't explain how good to me that guitar sounds anyways here's my list so far I'm not sure which one I'm modifying the other will prob be returned for refund or credit or a different color  both were new but I got them for $3000 and $2000 one of the dealers lost $1300 on one of them as he was looking to clear space if your looking for a deal on lots of gibsons selections message me I can give u dealers as a few of them are for whatever reason not staying Gibson dealers these 2 are new and I'm the original owner in other threads I'll do the red tiger flame or trans red n the Amber or gold he uses in the Mexico DVD again despite buying new all were deals most of you would buy n sell n in a day turn a nice profit so if your not going to help I'm telling you I did the research and I have questions if your not interested in helping out a tallica fan looking to modify a guitar to his fav guitar player I'll admit I don't know gibsons but they are heavy some I got these 2 at 8.8 lbs and 9.8 lbs maybe slightly less. The others were weight relieved and the 2014 is  I think 8-8.6 it's hard to be exact it has a 60s slim tapered thin neck n it's gold hardware so I'll prob modify that. 

This is what I have so far

1- emg 81 pickup blk

1- emg 60 pickup blk

plus I'll upload a photo of the guitar later on 

First the hardware should I work off the Kirk Gibson Flying V specs ? 79 reissue ?

i have 

1-schaller blk guitar lock set strap set blk

1-spretzels blk satin locking inline tuners

1-Gibson accessories black stop bar with studs 

1- schaller or Nashville black tune matic or tune o matic special order black 

does kirk use go to in this ?

and I have tone pros... 

If if anyone has something helpful to add about the parts I'd appreciate the help. 

All photos will come later on and I'm keeping this thread for kirks ebony gtr. 

Ty and I appreciate the help as I try to take a really nice guitar n make it like kirks 

I might just put in the emgs I mean blk is cool but the setup that it came with plays perfection plus is every guitar going to be emg ? But I'm honestly torn some custom fenders sound great n Prs n Gibson some are just as good as my esps msybe it's the builder they're all customs all though I did compare a riff emg 81 ESP eclipse n truckster with 81/60 not truckster with JH pickups. Perhaps it needed a battery change the 498T Gibson n the guitar the build was very impressive n it was nearly identical same amp and same settings to an ESP eclipse the dark blue I think James used in the death magnetic world magnetic met club videos warm up n tested to a truckster. 

Does kirk use gotoh on the LPC ebony? 

John L.

Wtf

ESP 348

Cool guitars Nate and G!

NRudy

Ty mate. I hope your doing well.

nate.

ESP 348

Life is good here Nate, hope you're doing well and you're back is feeling a little better since we last talked.

NRudy

Ty had back surgery, as the pain was way too much to take. And still need to do 2 more procedures. 

Thank you for the well wishes. Ty. I hope your doing well. Still have back pain and its tough. Long recovery still ahead. 

Big Daddy B

Was taking some LP pics for another forum this afternoon but like how this pic turned out. The ceiling fan reflection looks so evil 

ESP 348

Awesome guitar man!

Pushead

Big Daddy B
Pushead wrote:

Ever consider the LM Products iron cross strap to go with the guitar?

Road King

Pus tunes all his guitars to E like a G.

Pushead

No styled straps for Old Man Pus.  I like my straps like I like my coffee and women; black and in leather.

ESP 348

Lol.

Pushead

You'd be surprised how hard it is to find a leather coffee cup.

ESP 348

I could not think of anything worse than having a back problem Nate.

Again, I wish you all the best mate. Hopefully you feel better soon man.

All is well here in Aussie land thank you. Life is good.

Big Daddy B

for Pus

ESP 348

For Pap.

NRudy

Ty ESP 

Its a long painful lonely rehab...

its very hard with a back I wouldn't wish this pain on anyone. 

I wonder how world touring pros stay healthy playing heavy Gtrs for hours must be painful they must go on adrenaline, or injections in the back. As I'd love to see an X Ray of James n kirks back- mine was all messed up and I don't do anything remotely close as demanding at all on my back, they must feel pain on stage... They must travel with top Drs trainers for back knee pain therapy etc.. And even Lars must have state of the art Drs n therapist to work on his arm leg etc... They must go on adrenaline from the crowd. 

Plus it helps ESP has been making James a lot more lighter weighted guitars- gibsons can be very demanding heavy. 

Tom is 9/11/2016- 15 year anniversary. 

15 years ago our country was attacked let's remember those who were lost sadly. I was in NYC that fateful morning. It changed the world. God bless 

ESP 348

No worries mate, I was just laying and playing with my twin 4 year old girls today. Piggy back rides, rolling around on the carpet with them.

I was actually thinking of you and your bad back, think of how lucky I am that I can do this today with no issues.

Again, hopefully you find some relief soon brother.

I remember 9/11 also. I watched it live on TV, crazy and was hard to believe it was all real. I thought I was watching a movie at 6 am while waking up for work watching the morning news.

God bless America.

Post to Thread