[ALREADY BOUGHT] ESP KH-2 RELIC

Updated
[ALREADY BOUGHT] ESP KH-2 RELIC

Already got one a year ago, thanks for the help.

Big Daddy B

Alex was selling #000. Not sure if he still is. Was on eBay.

SteelEdge

Yep, but I found it quite expensive, also no original COA and no background from ESP, just a COA that Alex makes himself.

ESP 348

Besides being limited edition, the Relic is essenitally the same guitar as the Vintage isn't it?

NRudy

Yes it's the first 100 made its the same guitar I wouldn't buy a relic for value the fact that ESP has 2016 kh-2 vintages hurt the price. but esps records really stink I called them recently to add a few esps I purchased and I asked them what address they had for my kh-20 

i gave them the simple serial number and they said we don't have any kh-20 guitars the serial number is #01 for example or whatever number you have it doesn't get more simpler than that. They went on about a fire a few years ago and they lost all records. I'm pretty sure the guys at ESP that know things like Justin or Brad 

were at the namm show. 

On another note I called Gibson for 5 serial numbers and anytime of day 365 24/7 they have humans that know detailed info and I asked them what year my recent les Paul was from and they had in s second all the info from where it was built when it was sent to the dealer and info on guitars from 2005 those had 7 digits on class 5 LPC and I think around after 2010 they used 8 it's the best customer service ever this was 4th of July weekend at 4 am. I had ace custom Hammett custom then got 3 recent LPC gibsons 1 from 2016 in ebony and 2 others... The ESP vintage is awesome I got a 2015 model as my most recent kh ESP n I had a 2011. If your buying it to hope it goes up I'm not sure that's the right 1 you might want to get a guitar u can't order anymore. 

NRudy

Hey are u in Australia ? I was checking an ESP dealers page they are crazy expensive for a kh-2 kh-3 kh-2 vintage etc... Jh vulture after conversions were min. 2-3x price sometimes 4x the price. And that's now example they charge like $6000 US dollars for a kh-3 spider I paid in 2001 $900 for the ESP kh-3 brand new 

ofcourse the price went up and for a kh-2 NTB in 2004 paid $1750 

i couldn't believe their pricing it was I think B Something they are the ones offering the kh-WZ. ESP for 17,999 or so around 12K US dollars. 

Big Daddy B

Pap,the Vintages have a tinted neck. The Relics did not.

ESP 348

Cheers for the reply Nate.

And yes, we pay A LOT of money for these guitars here in Australia which is why I bought my collection from all over the world.

i am lucky I have them all now as the way the Aussie dollar has crashed I would have paid $20k more all up for my guitars I reckon. 

NRudy

The price of the relic IMHO went down as the vintage is current they made 2016 models and I just got a 2015... So if u sold 2 u prob made the most u would nowadays especially if you did pre 2008.

Crazyfrase

I have one I would consider selling Number 41, all paperwork and original condition.

NRudy

I have a relic never played as new as new. I would sell it too since I have the vintages. But you won't get a guitar say the run of the kh or JH. Of 100 even 200.

would go for more as they don't sell those limited runs anymore. Plus ppl aren't buying a lot of guitars these days because of the economy worldwide so bad. 

ESP 348

Cheers Big D!

ESP 348

We have recently seen Relic #55 and Relic #56 for sale.

Here is Relic #54 for sale in the USA for a pretty good price if you ask me.

Check it out here on Reverb, the seller is asking approx US $3400

https://reverb.com/item/33196037-esp-kh-2-kirk-hammett-signature-54

BlackJack21

Yea also note this guitar does not come with the certificate unfortunately.

ESP 348
BlackJack21 wrote:

Yea also note this guitar does not come with the certificate unfortunately.

Yep, the price reflects that I am sure.

ESP 348

Someone buy this Relic! I spent all day playing mine today and it's the BEST!

Everyone should buy all the Relics, they don't know what they are missing out on.

alebtart

In terms of feel, is there much of a difference between the Relics and the Vintage? I saw that Big Daddy B mentioned it didn't have a tinted neck but does that change the feel or only the colour of the neck? I love my Vintage but would love to understand the differences! 

ESP 348

I didn't compare the Relic VS Vintage today sorry man, so I can't comment 100% on the difference the tint makes on the back of the neck.

But...........the guitar was lighter than the white Ouija and PSP.

The neck was also thinner and the string tension was tighter on it also compared to the other guitars.

It sounded just as good as the other two, but it just felt "perfect" to play if you know what I mean.

I kept going back to it today, I fucken loved it.

alebtart

I wish I had that many KH's at my disposal!

I see I see, I guess that'll have to be next in my GAS list - will have to scope for a number 24 as that's my D.O.B Hahaha

ESP 348

No worries mate, mine is #23, so if you can't find #24 let me know as #23 is close enough.

Nah, all good mate. Definitely keep it on your GAS list, you won't be disappointed.

BlackJack21

I've been debating this guitar the last few days but can't get over not having the certificate. And if I'm not mistaken this came with two of them. 

ESP 348

I know what you mean man, not that I really care for COA, but if a guitar came with one..................I want it to go with the guitar.

Pretty sure they only came with one COA man. Mine and the last few I have seen for sale have the COAs signed in person by Kirk with a normal pen.

The COAs are nearly 20 years old now and they way they are looking, I think in another 20 years you won't be able to see Kirk's signature anymore lol.

Mesa Sean

Back in 2007 I had one. I forget if it was the "Vintage" or "relic" version. What were they calling them back then?

I loved that guitar. I love any aged guitar. (The KH-20 though was insane) But loved the sound and feel of that guitar.

I would get one again but man... I always suck balls at setting up Floyds. All the shops are closed so I have mo places to get one set up if I buy one. 

BlackJack21

Yea I did some digging and found this online. I thought that two came with mine when I had it back in the day. @Sephiroth got one of the two that I sold off so he could probably confirm it. 

ESP 348

Cheers Blackjack, I have definitely never that style of COA before on the ones I have seen listed for sale and sold.

My guitar came from Germany originally an does not have that COA.

I wonder if the American delivered guitars came with an extra COA?

No idea why it would though?

Not unless the owner of this guitar lost the original COA and ESP supplied this replacement COA, only for the owner to find the original COA again?

Definitely very interesting.

BlackJack21

Yea maybe just part of the first batch that went out. I had #007 which Sep has and I think the other was #010. They probably were just going do the stamped certificates like all the other previous KH models before that, and it got changed last minute since this were limited to 100 and just left them in? I don't know just a guess, but looks like another mystery that will probably go unsolved. 

ESP 348

Yeah, maybe man. Who knows.

And I am pretty sure it will go unsolved like all those old ESP mysteries.

Post to Thread