ESP custom eclipse / khdc / jh-3 / truckster VS. Gibson custom les Pauls mod to KH DIFFERENCES ? what's better pros cons and for clean and or distortion

Updated
ESP custom eclipse / khdc / jh-3 / truckster VS. Gibson custom les Pauls mod to KH DIFFERENCES ? what's better pros cons and for clean and or distortion

I was watching the last Metallica concert wondering why all the ballads Kirk used a Gibson red les Paul and ebony les Paul Gibson classics he's always used for years like for fade NEM and sanatarium etc 

yet why would Kirk not use his khdc and or an ESP custom eclipse I was thinking of getting a Gibson Les Paul custom likes kirks n b4 I made the mods to emg 81/60 n black hardware etc I was wondering why Kirk uses gibsons for the cleaner tones and no esps n differences between the hetfield jh-3 and ESP truckster n khdc plus if I got a les Paul custom that come with Gibson pickups what that would also sound like compared to emgs .. Info on this would be awesome 

ESP 348

Kirk doesn't use his KHDC because it's shit!

BlackJack21

I couldn't agree with you more lol

ESP 348

Yep.

Breadfan32

No idea why that ever became a signature guitar 

NRudy

Guys that have jh-3 or trucksters 

mine sound great I love a satin neck in humid NYC in summer time it's cool rather then other woods that it's hard when u sweat to move up n down the neck so jh-3 seems a cut above and you would think buy more but I think  as we advance in newer smarter ideas to play guitars n make them trying all dif materials n timber hand made to machine made etc.

the truckster ESP is very close from 2012 n 2011 and before that 

to the 98 model I have of the jh-3 

Now regarding the les Paul custom before mods like KH. What kind of 

tone do you get? I'm thinking I have so many guitars with emg 81/60 

none can match a perfect clean 59 or 65 single coil exactly they get very close its a dif tone just like the Gibson les Paul is not really for I think Kirk slash uses it and their styles are so dif slash smooth kh artificial harmonic wah chaos that I love kill em all puppets I just don't n ow why Kirk got a Gibson Les Paul to play fade sanatarium and NEM but modes the gibsons with ESP plus I'm just going to say the khdc were a bust they are not good guitars or Kirk would use them more I don't like mine I sold the black cherry and I wouldn't be able to get 3k for 1 that's new never played but 10 min the see thru blk grey is a bit better than the BC but I have seen 2 KHDC guitars mine I got insanely almost free long story mine has a k on back not a SS  and I've seen b daddy have one in that color despite only 2 in 3-4 years we can't sell them we have a hard time selling a gtr that has no business retaking for $6499 and a 8k msrp for what ? 

And why the double even cut it remind me of a Prs Santana uses 

not the normal Prs style double cut gtrs bottom line I don't like the khdc overpriced n I just or can't get use to the feel plus why not have Kirk make a thin neck profile on any of the gibsons or khdc 

I'm just saying ESP usually makes great guitars be who u are ESP is not Gibson let Gibson rule the les Paul fender the strats n ESP rule the MII metal guitar n every1 can chase Jackson for Flying V 

lots of items to discuss here I'm sorry my brain is scrambled from turning up the amp n playing all day I think I got vertigo going through puppets n my right hand is on ice 

khdc is not on par with other hammetts period stop.

NRudy

@ big dad p

I was just on the ESP site shows same pricing I'm using a phone so maybe it's different as in Kirk Hammett they have the stblk n BC khdc same msrp and still same I think it was $5499 each where are you seeing the updated pricing ? 

ESP 348

Sounds like they are pricing them cheap to get them out the door Big Daddy.

NRudy

I have friends that purchased it new a year ago n it's new never played and they can't get $2800 for the guitars new on eBay 

ESP 348

Plus you can get a far superior guitar for less money.

This!!

It's not a cheap guitar anymore seeing as they have to be ordered through the Custom Shop.

I wouldn't pay US $5000 *or whatever it is* for one now, that's for damn sure.

I was happy to pay US $1500 for mine a few years ago, but that's about it.

ESP 348

I did misquote you as I think there are plenty of other guitars out there, including the Potbelly guitar that at are a better guitar for the money you pay for one of these KHDCs.

NRudy

+1 the khdc was over priced it's not in the class of a custom les Paul or many Gibson customs or other brands it's not 

Post to Thread