New Hammett's Pickups ? Confirmed ?

Updated
New Hammett's Pickups ? Confirmed ?

Hi guys,

You remember The Night Before Show, and the Custom EMG that Kirk fitted onto his Red Les Paul in the bridge position ?

I've spotted a pic last night during their show with the Sharks and I've seen this :

That's right, in one of his standard Vintage he has for heating his fingers up, he has a new EMG Prototype at the neck (or JH ?) with plots. Don't know if he has a new one in the bridge position too ... 

It's seems like we'll have new signature pickup over 2016 or 2017 

Cheers,

G.

ArmyVeteran

Guiguitarz, give me your honest thoughts on them once you have them installed

Guiguitarz

No prob Bro, 

I have them shipped to a friend in the US, I need to go there to pick them back at home (France). Can't tell any date so far.

ESP 348

Big D is such a cheeky chop!

Guiguitarz

That's why we love him

ESP 348
Guiguitarz wrote:

That's why we love him

Yep!

Pushead

If the purple sparkle Eclipse is the same color as the Kirk sig, I might have to do something impulsive.

dubster82

It looked very similar in tone Kings' video

Road King

GASing for the purple KH, purple eclipse, and colorful new horizons and m-2 hardtail. I'm gonna need a warehouse.

ESP 348

Yeah, Purple Sparkle KH2 certainly looks the goods.

Pushead

Reports from NAMM say that the purple Eclipse is a lighter color than the Kirk sig.

Dave R.

This is true, Push. The E-II Eclipse is a different shade. Similar, but on the lighter side. I still want it myself.

Pushead

Did you see my Silver Sparkle, Dave? I was shocked when it showed up just how heavy the flake is in the finish.

I think I want to see one in person before taking the plunge.

Road King
Dave R. wrote:

This is true, Push. The E-II Eclipse is a different shade. Similar, but on the lighter side. I still want it myself.

That's kind of a bummer. People will expect a darker purple but end up with a lavender daisy rock lol.

Dave R.

I did, it's awesome! Welcome to the sparkle club. I still have my '90s era Silver Sparkle Semi-hollow Eclipse', very 'flakey' like yours. Hope to add that new E-II at some point.

Road King
Pushead wrote:

Reports from NAMM say that the purple Eclipse is a lighter color than the Kirk sig.

Yep. I was checking out vids and the ESP KH, Ltd KH, and Eclipse all seem to have different shades of purple. EC is more of a lavender sparkle? Well on the plus side, the gf/wife won't be mad about the purchase. 

ESP 348

Yeah, they all look slightly different in those videos.

I wonder if they are all the same colour, but different lighting makes them look different?

dubster82

Likely. I hope the Pau Ferro boards look nicer in every other light...

ESP 348

Lol, yeah. That is yet to be decided I think.

Benny V.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avYLPbSLQNc here the esp guy confirms that the ESP version of the sparkle atleast will come with those pickups with the KH signature on them (tho the black one has them aswell so i think all the ESP kh's part from the vintage? will come with them?) and not the green emg logo

Breadfan32

That guy didn't seem like he knew what he was talking about. 

Guiguitarz

Ahah that's true Bread ! Rosewood fingerboard huh ? And Scalloped from the 12th frets, I don't think so dude 

Road King

I can't seem to find any vids where they actually focus on the ESP version. I guess they put it up too high. I wonder how much it will cost.

ESP 348
Road King wrote:

I can't seem to find any vids where they actually focus on the ESP version. I guess they put it up too high. I wonder how much it will cost.

US $4999.

NRudy

Where is it listed for that price ? Just curious 

ESP 348

Here you go Nate, these pics and the prices are from NAMM.

ESP 348

Here ya go mate.

JJ F.

Thanks for the pic of the purple sparkle! Do you have the high res photo I can download please? 

ESP 348
JJ F. wrote:

Thanks for the pic of the purple sparkle! Do you have the high res photo I can download please? 

Hello, I don't have any other photos of it sorry. This is the only pic I have of it that is this quality.

Post to Thread