New Hammett's Pickups ? Confirmed ?

Updated
New Hammett's Pickups ? Confirmed ?

Hi guys,

You remember The Night Before Show, and the Custom EMG that Kirk fitted onto his Red Les Paul in the bridge position ?

I've spotted a pic last night during their show with the Sharks and I've seen this :

That's right, in one of his standard Vintage he has for heating his fingers up, he has a new EMG Prototype at the neck (or JH ?) with plots. Don't know if he has a new one in the bridge position too ... 

It's seems like we'll have new signature pickup over 2016 or 2017 

Cheers,

G.

BlackJack21

lol I wonder if Kirk's new EMG pickups are a natural wood covered set with ouija graphics, so people with the LTD Natural Ouija can buy them. 

ESP 348

Lol, that would be funny lol 

Sephiroth

Could this be the new EMG pickup?

ESP 348

Interesting, not too sure I like the KH sig on it but.

alebtart

Both pickups!

Guiguitarz

Well spotted man ! ;-)

Guiguitarz

Yes, it is his signature ... looks like brushed finish as he mentioned last time. 

So ... a 60A Custom ?

ESP 348

I don't think it would suit to retro-fit these new KH pickups into an older KH2 guitar, but they do look quite suited to the purple sparkle guitar we see here don't they.

I also watched the recent video of Metallica playing in London and saw Kirk playing that guitar with those new pickups in it. Looked pretty cool on that guitar I must say.

HateEvent

I'd presume they'll basically be a 81/60A but slightly modded 'similar to the Het Set' or something.

Might give them a try if they aren't stupid priced - can never have too many EMGs  And they are easy to swap anyway

Mark P.

Ditch the KH initials on them and I'm interested.

ProfessorExp

That's gaudy AF

MetalliDeth

Damnit i was looking to replace the Emgs in my M2 to the hetset but thought it was stupid since james guitars are mahogany and ebony. I really want these but that kh logo in the middle imo is so ugly lol. The whole reason i got my m2 was to not have the kirk sig and skulls. Hope they decide to take off the signature

BlackJack21

I agree. I don't mind the "KH" being in a little spot on the headstock or even small in a corner on the pickup, but over the entire thing? Give me a break...

ESP 348

Lol, these might still be in the prototype stage. Perhaps when they hit the market they might drop the KH sig off them or make some changes.

BlackJack21

I think so too, but if they don't... 

ESPEXP

My guess is that they will stick with his "KH" signature on the pickups. Kind of like these. Bummer...

ESP 348

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, if they suit the rest of the guitar then I am all for it. I.E- Ouija.

A plain black KH2 with these new KH pickups?? Maybe not.

A unique, say purple sparkle KH2 like Kirk's in that pic with these maybe not so bad.

But I would love to see more, clear pics of them on that purple guitar. That will definitely give you the yes or no vote I reckon.

Mark P.

I think they should just shrink the KH logo and put it in place of or on the opposite side the EMG logo. I would be fine with that. As they are now... Nope. 

Post to Thread