New Hammett's Pickups ? Confirmed ?

Updated
New Hammett's Pickups ? Confirmed ?

Hi guys,

You remember The Night Before Show, and the Custom EMG that Kirk fitted onto his Red Les Paul in the bridge position ?

I've spotted a pic last night during their show with the Sharks and I've seen this :

That's right, in one of his standard Vintage he has for heating his fingers up, he has a new EMG Prototype at the neck (or JH ?) with plots. Don't know if he has a new one in the bridge position too ... 

It's seems like we'll have new signature pickup over 2016 or 2017 

Cheers,

G.

Guiguitarz

Can't wait to get the proshot of this live, well spotted for the strat sound during the NEM intro.

Kirk use to have a really sharp clean, with a good compression. Considering the poor vdeos I've seen so far, I think he still has the "Night Before" set (Prototype-B and a 60 at the neck)

Pushead

It was actually The Unforgiven that made me curious as to what he was using.  It sounded a lot different.  I only had the audio stream on Pandora.  I couldn't stay up to hear NEM, I had a 5k Sunday morning, and I needed to get to bed.

https://youtu.be/ZB7zRTaz_zM?t=30m2s

Guiguitarz

Sorry I meant The Unforgiven, but I was listening to the NEM part, THIS ONE , where you can hear indeed a very bright single-coil-type sound too.

ice

Ahhhhh man, this thread raise me some GAS issue..... 

ESP 348

I reckon Kirk is ready to retire the Mummy so he is probably getting a few last 'thrashings' out of it before he puts it away.

Breadfan32

Saw this on Instagram.

1. Nice DC's!

2. Those aren't 81/60's in there 

hopefully the picture is good to see here. 

Guiguitarz

The pickups on the silver bursts ones look like the ones I've spot on his Vintage few weeks ago : 

Well spotted Bred ! We can see those crazy patches they use to wear, their "all day energy", Metmixer and his wife seem to be reseller of those considering that they never stop talking about it 

Pushead

Yeah, I saw those in the background of the interview thing they did with Pandora a few days before the show.  For a guitar style he doesn't use live, they've sure made him a lot of DCs.

Red quilt
Black quilt
Green quilt
and now 2 different silver bursts.

Breadfan32

I thought it was destroyed also but if you watch the video making of hardwire he is actually using it and has the het set in there.

The green DC and silver DC are my favourite and they aren't in the line.  I like those guitars just too bad he never really uses them.  He used the green DC when I saw them live in Detroit at Orion it looked sweet.

ESP 348

Bloody hell!! I have NEVER seen Kirk treat the Mummy that way before!

He gave it a good thrashing over that camera lense and that lighting post.

I've seen him thrash and smash other guitars, but never one of his main guitars and especially not the Mummy which he has said in the past that it's his favourite guitar.

Looking at the Mummy, more and more paint is starting to wear off the front of it, so as mentioned he is probably not too far away from retiring the old girl before it gets too trashed.

White Zombie will take it's place for the next 20 years.

Guiguitarz

I agree with you for the WZ, it is his new crush, and if you listen to Justin Crew, he said that -as the Mummy- it has a special something in the feeling and the sound.

ESP 348

Yeah man, I reckon we are both right on this one.

ESP 348

Is that paint missing on the body of the new silver burst DC?? Where Kirk's forearm would rest while he is playing? 

Guiguitarz

I'm thinking about those prototypes (or maybe 57/66 set), whith pole pieces ... that's mean that is the end of graphic guitar for Kirk, or at least, no paint job on pickups anymore ...

ESP 348

You might be right Big Daddy! Could be a Black-Cherry refinished and it's slowly wearing away.

That or he plays that guitar A LOT at home or in the studio.

Definitely must be a 'go-to guitar' if he has so many and very very rarely plays them up on stage.

Must enjoy playing them, but not in public. Lol

ESP 348

Yeah man, who knows. All possible I guess. I have never played mine with the strap standing up, only twice now sitting down. 

A friend had a play of it and absolutely loved it. He wouldn't stop playing it. lol.

ESP 348

Don't worry, he would be the first person I would sell it to and then I would put that money towards to buying your black DC.

Unfortunately, my friend just purchased his first home, has a g/f that doesn't work and has 2x small children.

So he is doing tough money-wise these days. But if he has $1500 to burn one day and is interested, he can definitely have it.

And then I will get onto you.....

Guiguitarz

Thank you B for that, But It does not explain the screws-pole-pieces ...? No one can't find today an EMG HZ with screws-pole-piece ... Only a black edition exists...

And just to be curious, does someone on the board would like to try the Het Set on a Vintage ?!  I could have, but not have my Truckster anymore ...

EDIT : I had this mail from EMG last week, with some screw-pole-piece humbuckers : 

2nd EDIT : Find it, sorry : 

Guiguitarz

Ahaha, you know what ? I was looking at fake poles screws for my Gold 81 , and I think I will go for this option. Thanks B for the info !

Post to Thread