New Hammett's Pickups ? Confirmed ?

Updated
New Hammett's Pickups ? Confirmed ?

Hi guys,

You remember The Night Before Show, and the Custom EMG that Kirk fitted onto his Red Les Paul in the bridge position ?

I've spotted a pic last night during their show with the Sharks and I've seen this :

That's right, in one of his standard Vintage he has for heating his fingers up, he has a new EMG Prototype at the neck (or JH ?) with plots. Don't know if he has a new one in the bridge position too ... 

It's seems like we'll have new signature pickup over 2016 or 2017 

Cheers,

G.

NRudy

those gtrs are 11 lbs almost im not sure my back can handle it, are those gibsons forget kirks we dont know all the info about every detail im sure he has 20 dif gibsons made in dif years with everything dif, woods parts.... we can make it look like kirk but sounding like him that hammett tone especially the clean who knows how many effects hes using anyways my question is is a 1988 gibson les paul or a newer year or version in the 2-6k price range used to new,,... beter than the khdc and the jh trucksters ? and if so why ?

NRudy

Why does a heavy gtr sound better I have some very lightweight Prs private stocks with flame or quilted necks and swamp ash or African ribbon mahagony backs with all kinds of backs and necks ranging from 6 lbs 9 oz to 8 lbs 2 oz the solid Brazillian rosewood necks or cocobolo or pernembuco make it just over 8 lbs and those are the most amazing looking guitars they feel great n play better they stay in tune for decades. I have some with 

Floyd rose n emgs and all kinds of different custom ideas ... Quick side point does anyone know what model Kirk is using in the photo of that red Gibson he was using b4 he played the ltd guitar what's the Gibson name custom les Paul in red ? Cranberry ? Red tiger ?

NRudy

also I'm not sure how much the parts are to make the ebony (which is that suppose to look glossy)les Paul custom retails new for $4899 

in chrome or gold 

if someone can list each part and the cost 

speretzel tuners?

schaller strap locks ?

im guessing tone pro tune o matic?

black knobs?

black buttons?

emg 81/60 ?

pickup rings ? 

And if I forgot anything any guesses on prices new or used or links would help anyone besides me mod a Gibson Les Paul custom 

like kirks ebony Gibson 

i have no idea when it comes to Gibson I have 3 custom Gibson gtrs and I got them when I didn't know better except 1 I got a decent deal. 

So anyone that can fill in the pricing would be helping me out n the best place if your going new to buy the guitar where's the best place for the guitar like Kirk and the pieces to mod it like kirks ebony? 

Also is that red guitar called red ? And is it a class 5 (is that like gibsons version of their best rated flame top) just guessing  or I read somewhere he has a I think ES-295? If that makes sense  the dealers or online places to buy I'll start with the les Paul custom ebony plus approx pricing new on the after market items would be so helpful ty for anyone that helps I appreciate it.

nate

Guiguitarz

I know what is your best tip to get a good deal on a guitar now Nate : ask people to do your seeking and sourcing job.

I think people out there have a job, a famimily to care, and other occupations. You told us every day that you're stuck on a bed all day long, and you ask people to look at good deals, and parts prices ???!!! And specific guitar issues ??!! You ??!!! The man of the " Prs private stocks with flame or quilted necks and swamp ash or African ribbon mahagony backs with all kinds of backs and necks ranging from 6 lbs 9 oz to 8 lbs 2 oz the solid Brazillian rosewood necks or cocobolo or pernembuco make it just over 8 lbs and those are the most amazing looking guitars they feel great n play better they stay in tune for decades. I have some with " ????!!!

Please stay humble and discrete Dude, 'cause you're not going to make friends on the board like this...

G.

Metaddict

Any new information on these Pickups?

Guiguitarz

Nothing so far.

Pushead

Red = Cherry, Washed Cherry Gloss

edit - Fire Tiger could also be possible.  Cranberry is slightly more purple.

NRudy

If u check the cranberry and ebony from willcuttguitars or the fire tiger from Sweetwater they both seem off a bit so I'm not sure the exact name.

NRudy

The 59 historic LPC Gibson kirks using in that photo, looks cranberry flame to me not firemist n not red tiger or wine red.

NRudy

On another note got the hetfield vulture. I also got the 2015 kh-2 vintage. They make them in 2016 I just only wanted to wait 1 week. Both with ohsc and coa Hammett K-15....made in the custom shop.

ESP 348

If that's true RK, that is awesome!

ESP 348

Fucken hell RK!! You just crushed my hopes and dreams.

I hope they don't go vintage anything Big Daddy. They didn't make a guitar to celebrate 10 years with ESP, but they made one to celebrate 20 years with ESP.

Perhaps they should leave it be and make a KH50 in another 20 years time.

Those pickups might not be going in a new KH guitar either, I bet they are making an EMG set for him like they did James.

Time will tell, but I am hoping if they DO make a KH30 guitar that it will be some special like the KH20 was.

NRudy

TY road king, thats just some of my collection. and im sorry im not good with the photos, i tried. its hard my back is seriously messed up and im in terrible pain. the kh-30 wont live up to the hype or should i say the kh-60... sneaky esp co.

NRudy

Sep...

i was buying for investment there's pretty much no dif between a custom shop vintage and a kh-20 or the custom shop ouija blk I have 2 from 2009. I got insanely low deals on those 4. 

Kh-20

kh-2 obb x2 

kh-2 obw

so yes I purchased it to sell in years to come for a lot and despite the deals I got which was cost on all 4 to the largest ESP dealer in the Midwest. But it came out of nowhere I mean in 2004 I purchased a bolt on new for $1500 now over 5k and over 4K for those guitars kh-20 I was told when purchasing it which was a lot for a non custom shop I designed ESP so the fact it was kirks and 20 I purchased it so I was annoyed when they made another 20 

but yes if I purchased it to use then I'd prob not be selling it and the more great for every1 just u can only charge msrp 10k for really limited runs they played us. I can't imagine how I'd feel if I paid 8k for it I'd think they misrepresented the product and I'd take action. But since I got them at cost I guess it's ok

i wouldn't sell them I first bought them to sell but I was not in a position n I got very lucky past few years that I wouldn't have to sell them. As far as s few big dealers were concerned it was only 20. I even have multiple dealers listing them that sold in 2009/10 for 10k saying only 20 made. 

I might help help out a friend of mine that has fallen on hard times he wants $9800 for his I might buy it n use it to help him and then I'll have one to play but as far as the guitar the maple top is avg compared to sn avg Prs nothing like a private stock not even close the guitars value is the limited run and kirks name otherwise if I made a custom shop like that the price would be 4/5k. I can't complain I paid very little for the guitars compared to other people. 

Low 4s on ouijas low mid 5s on kh-20 

NRudy

Heck I'll be exact why not  but for others who paid more I think it was misrepresented. I hope business will be good and I won't have to sell them. 

kh-20 $5380 delivered with setup paid bank transfer 

kh-2 white ouija $4300 paid bank transfer got them together free kh-95 Dunlop wah pedal 

kh-2 blk ouija - $4300 delivered with setup all eith coa and ohsc

then from a dif dealer eventually new long story $4500 but had shipping issues and was from a dif dealer I got fenders and Prs a lot from and amps black stars vox n orange did a lot of business n I got a brand new 1. 

ESP 348

You got those guitars for a great price man. 

Pushead

I listened to the live stream of the Minneapolis show from Saturday and noticed Kirk sounded like he was playing a Strat during the clean parts of The Unforgiven, but sounded quite full during the heavy sections.  I was surprised when I looked for fan vids on YouTube and saw he played his red LP for the song.  I wonder what kind of magic they've got going on with that set of pickups.  Perhaps a "coil split" like an 89, or maybe the guitar has a piezo now as well.

Curious.

ESP 348

Interesting stuff man, we will soon see what they come up with.

I am thinking EMG will do a "Kirk set" like the 'Het set'.

Post to Thread