KH 4 value?

Updated
Crazyfrase

Hello all,

I've not posted here In a long long while but thought this would be the best place to ask this question.

I am considering selling my KH4 which I have had for years. It sits in its case and never gets played as I really bought it as a collectors item. The guitar is in fully mint condition.

I know these are very rare but really have no idea what the market value on one of these would be.

Any thoughts on a ball park figure?

ESP 348

Guitar looks awesome Crazy! Wishing you all the best with the sale man.

ESP 348

Cool Big Daddy, I figured as much. But perhaps they fit it automatically when you order the guitar with EMGs. Dunno.

dan b.

still for sale?

Crazyfrase

Not actively but it could be.

fire me a PM.

Thanks

dan b.

email me at dbjornson@live.com 

ESP 348

Here is a great looking 2005 KH4 for sale on Ebay if anyone is interested.

Dots on the fretboard with ESP on the 12th. I really like this guitar, looks pretty smick with the exception of 2x very minor looking marks on it.

And if you think the price is too high, email him an offer he reckons lol. Guitar is located in the Netherlands.

I think the price is great, but someone can score a nice deal here if they get onto him and make an offer.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ESP-KH-4-Kirk-Hammett-Custom-Shop-Model-with-Certificate-Original-Case-Metallica-/282430652402?hash=item41c22dbff2:g:kKsAAOSwnF9Y7hXN

Guiguitarz

I already bought a guitar from him, very nice guy, quick shipping.

And this KH-4 is REALLY nice ... I really want to pull the trigger on this one ... arf !!!

BlackJack21

Very nice guitar, still think it's overpriced though.

ESP 348

That's great to to hear G.

In regards to price Blackjack, there was the Aussie one here for sale a while ago asking AU $5000 that was in mint condition.

So this one asking around AU $4000 with those little signs of wear on it is probably right on the money.

Mine is mint condition also and I would also ask $5000 for it today if I were to sell.

May or may not sell at that price, but I think it's worth every penny. You don't see them for sale as much anymore, but more importantly it's actually a very nice guitar to play.

So good in fact, Big Daddy ordered a brand new Custom Shop version of it and he loves it.

BlackJack21

Understood, but the market will show the value of the guitar. If it sells for that price then it's worth it. A lot of people overvalue the gear they have and how much it's really worth, NRudy is a prime example of that.  So that's not a valid point on how much you would sell yours for. I wouldn't sell my Ouija for less than $10k, but I'm not dumb and know that the market for it is probably closer to $6-$7k. My friend that I sold my KH-4 to back in the day, talked about possibly selling his around the same time Brian ordered his custom, and he was hoping to get around $2000, so it all really depends. I would guess a fair price would be around $2400-$2700 but it's not far off. As for Brian buying the guitar, he buys and sells guitars practically every month, and sometimes over and over again, so I don't look at that as a deciding factor lol.

ESP 348

Lol, I totally understand what you're saying.

But I am talking Aussie dollars here lol.

I am sure you're talking US dollars which makes this KH4 right in line with what we are both saying here.

US $2700 is 2500 Euro which is what the seller wants for this guitar. And you can still make an offer on it and get it for less.

In regards to Brian's KH4. As mentioned, he could have paid US $2000 or whatever you reckon these sell for, but nope..........he loves this guitar that much that he was happy to spend US $6000+ on a CS KH4.

Pretty sure he won't be selling that one anytime soon, so I would look at that as deciding factor as to how nice these KH4 guitars are.

BlackJack21

ESP348, we all know Brian needs some help lol. If he had the wavecaster, I'm sure he would buy a jar of Kirk's piss if he could.

You're right, I was doing the conversion wrong. Sold at a pretty good price then. 

Guiguitarz

Sold 

ESP 348

Did you buy it???

ESP 348

Just had a look mate, it's sold!

Guiguitarz

Unfortunatly no, didn't have the time to. 

ESP 348

Bugger! I was just about to say congrats!

Someone got a nice deal on that guitar.

Guiguitarz

Yep ... Arffff should have pull the trigger, and made a correct offer.

ESP 348

Yep ... Arffff should have pull the trigger, and made a correct offer.

Actually ebay auction just says ended and not sold. Maybe you should contact the seller in case it is still available.

When I click on my Ebay, it actually says the guitar is "out of stock" and I also got an email from Ebay telling me this.

ESP 348

Ah yes, when I click using your link it takes me to the Australian site which just says ended. I checked it again on the US site and it says sold there.

Too easy mate.

ESP 348

Better luck next time mate.

You might be waiting a while........

Pushead

Another guitar Kirk almost never played.

ESP 348

Cheers for sharing Big Daddy!

ESP 348

The KH4's are popping up everywhere again.

Here is another one for sale for US $1600. But it's not too flash I think.

Crack on the back of the neck???

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ESP-KH-4-Kirk-Hammett-Signature-Metallica-Electric-Guitar-Japan-Free-Shipping-/262940395954?hash=item3d387809b2:g:QygAAOSwvKtY9DZX

Crazyfrase

Looks in not too bad condition really. Back of the neck just seems like a crack in the laquer and doesn't look like a headstock break. 

The fretboard looks thirsty. Looks much better with darker rosewood imo.

ESP 348

Cheers man, you could be right in regards to a crack in the laquer on the back of the neck.

Fretboard definitely needs some lemon oil! Like around 1L of the stuff! lol

Post to Thread