KH 4 value?

Updated
Crazyfrase

Hello all,

I've not posted here In a long long while but thought this would be the best place to ask this question.

I am considering selling my KH4 which I have had for years. It sits in its case and never gets played as I really bought it as a collectors item. The guitar is in fully mint condition.

I know these are very rare but really have no idea what the market value on one of these would be.

Any thoughts on a ball park figure?

Crazyfrase

Thanks for the feedback. May hang onto it if I can get a bit more for it. The other option I have is to sell an original run KH relic. There are a few for sale for silly money but surely aren't worth that. Thoughts on one of those?

ESP 348

I paid US $2000 for mine delivered from the US 5 years ago. Mine is also mint condition.

I haven't seen one come up for sale lately, but I would thought they would be asking for more than $2000 now 5 years after I bought mine.

Certainly very interesting and I definitely wouldn't sell mine for $2000 these days, I would certainly ask for more money.

Sephiroth

Crazyfrase Link

I clicked on the link icon, and cleaned up your link abit, and it takes you straight to the gallery?

http://s20.photobucket.com/user/Crazyfrasep/media/KH4%20and%20Relic/IMG_2332_zpswihzmmeb.jpg.html

Crazyfrase

Thanks for that, tried to embed them like I use to but didnt work for some reason. Plus my internet is being a dick.

If anyone wants more pics, fire me your email.

NRudy

theres 1 on ebay i have mine already but i love getting more does any1 know if the kh-4 for sale on ebay is real ? id be able to tell once i got it looks ligit but i think theres a lot with serial numbers faked on ebay they paint over or have a way of getting a real number and putting it there... like the kh-3 on ebay looks like it may be off no acusations just this is why i buy new from a dealer or used from ppl i know

Pushead

12th fret inlay actually matches the order form shown in the Live Shit: Binge and Purge booklet.

Crazyfrase

Will be interesting to see what it sells for. Hoping the original run holds a bit more value but its a bit under the radar as its probably hi least know sig these days.

Fantastically made guitar though.

ESP 348

That's the one Pus.

Mine has ESP at the 12th. It's a CS order from 2002.

I saw one like this with F-YOU at the 12th around 10 years ago on Ebay and I wish I had bought it now.

I have also seen the double dots, but not the middle fingers on the 12th.

ESP 348

Cheers Big Daddy, looking at it now I don't really like those fingers.

F-YOU or ESP there looks the best IMO.

Thanks for the pic, they are great guitars.

ESP 348

Totally understand mate, you made the right choice.

Luke22
Crazyfrase wrote:

She's up on Ebay now.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/-/162102547015?

Lol 5k... sorry man but you are dreaming. There's already one on ebay for 2200 not selling. You bought this for around 1800ish 8 years ago I see, it doesn't double (or more) in value in that time. It's not a rare or even limited sig, can still be ordered new today. Good luck with the sale but you'll never get that price out of it. Can only imagine what you think the relic is worth.

Crazyfrase

So what would it cost to order one of these from the custom shop today? I would bet it would be more than 3700 USD. 

Guitar prices have increased steeply for ESP guitars. Look at the  iron cross and revised ouija. All having RRP's well over 4000 USD. I know there are deals to be had out there but still.

its a rare custom shop ESP guitar, asking price reflects that. 

ESP 348

I can't comment on the value of the KH4 in Australia Big Daddy as I have never seen one for sale here.

Until now.

As mentioned I paid US $2000 for mine back in 2011 out of the US.

Would I pay US $3700 for one now?? Probably not.

But I would still pay at least US $3000 for one in todays money. I thought I got a deal 5 years ago, so I would be happy to pay US $3000 for one now.

Especially as you don't see these guitars for sale in Australia and to order from the CS would cost me more than US $3000.

Post to Thread