Rank your (Signature) gear thread!

Updated
Rank your (Signature) gear thread!

Hello everyone!

Since I know there are a lot of you guys that have multiple( ESP Signature) guitars, I thought it would be good idea to start a thread where everyone could rank their gear! When ranking, it would be nice to know what is your playing style and which are your favourite bands, to get an impression of your personal desired sound 

Playing style: Everyting old school (80s-90s) from metal to rock. Most important influences are Metallica and AC/DC. I play rhythm guitar in the band 'Dead Company' and we mainly play simple, yet energetic rage against the machine / John Coffey style Hard Rock / Metal music.

My personal ranking of ESP (Signature) guitars:

1. ESP Signature Series Snakebyte 2011 (with 81/60 EMG's) 
  2. ESP LTD KH White Zombie 2014 (It is bolt on but just so much fun to play with the Floyd Rose!)
  3. ESP Signature Series Truckster Grey 2005 (I sold this one, just never really got used to it) 

My personal ranking of guitars, taking into account my other brand guitars:

1. ESP Signature Series Snakebyte 2011
  2. Gibson SG GT Phantom Black 2007 (Main gig axe)
  3. Gibson Les Paul Classic Rock Series in Marble Burst II 2015
  4. Gibson SG Deluxe Cobalt Blue 2013
  5. ESP LTD KH White Zombie 2014
  6. Gibson Les Paul Standard Cherry Burst 2008 (going to sell this one, I am more into the 2015 models)
  7. Vintage Les Paul V100 Cherry Burst

Thinking of buying a Chapman Ghost Fret, which is made in the same factory in Korea (WMIC) as most of the higher-end LTD models. Curious about this brand..

Big Daddy B

I'll play

Signature Gear Ranking:

1. Dunlop KH-95 wah - This does a perfect job of nailing the Hammett wah sound I love

2. ESP KH-20 - Combination of looks and feel. The neck seems slighltly narrower than my other KH's which I like a lot but sometimes leads to fretting out.

3. ESP KH-2 Ouija Black - basically my favorite sig based on only looks

4. ESP KH-2 Vintage - basically my favorite sig based on only sound

5. Gibson USA Les Paul Classic - probably one of my 3 favorite/go-to guitar models of all time along with the ESP KH/M-IIs and the Fender 62 AVRI strat. Comfortable for a les paul due to the slim 60's neck. Like the stock ceramic pickups quite a bit for hard rock, however in my current one, I retrotfitted Gibson 57 Classic/57 Classic Plus pickups and have not been disappointed, especially with the neck.

6. Dunlop DB-01 wah - very versatile for gigs with all the adjustments

7. Dunlop Kirk Hammett Jazz III pick - I tried the normal red Jazz IIIs but the notch allows some different gripping patterns which I find myself using

8. ESP KH-2 SE - a great guitar but I feel a step down from the above quality wise, killer sound though

9. Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Custom - Good guitar. Seems a little more shrill and not as warm sounding as the Classic. Playability better than expected. Retrofitted with EMG 85/81. That 85 in the neck is the seeds.

10. ESP KH-DC (2012 SS model) - Sounds good, comfy neck. A little unbalanced feel with the rear mount strap button and awkward typical LP lack of arm cutaway. prefer the red finish and also the lack of first fret inlay on the 2012. I have this one dropped to C# with 11s for Sabbath tunes and it is very beefy sounding

ESP 348

I love metal and I LOVE playing Metallica songs.

I haven't spent a lot of time with all of my guitars, so I will just rank the top 5 out of my collection which I have played over the years.

Ranking my top 5 signature guitars goes like this.....

1. KH20- I love this guitar. The quality is absolutely amazing. It is definitely my favourite guitar of all time and one of the best ESP guitars ever made.

2- KH2 Vintage- I love the tone and feel of this guitar. I think it's the best sounding guitar I own and the sustain goes forever!

3- White Ouija- Awesome guitar. Tone and quality is as good as the KH20. Definitely very cool to look at too.

4- Black Ouija- Just on looks alone this guitar is awesome. Mine is one of the original Ouija's from the 90's.

5- Zorlac- Very special guitar and very rare. Looks cool and sounds great too.

Dustin M.

Of my ESP/LTD related siggys, I have a Gus 600FR and Gus 600EC. Depending on the application, tone I want, and simply my mood, I'll gravitate toward one or the other:

Gus 600FR is better for: brighter, punchier tone that cuts in a mix; crazy tremolo tricks; more organic sound

Gus 600EC is better for: that "oh my god that is so ridiculously ferocious" metal tone that freaks people the fuck out; looking cool on stage because for some reason or another, people go apeshit over singlecut style guitars strapped down really low. I don't know why, but I run with it.

Other non-ESP related signature gear:

- Ibanez Universe UV777BK: Loved it for a while until I started feeling its structural limitations.

- MXR Wylde Overdrive: Noisy as hell, but it does the job.

- Washburn Dime 333: Not a bad instrument. Licensed trem is horrible. Currently retired due to sentimental reasons.

- EBMM JPX 6: The most amazing guitar I've ever had the pleasure to play.

Post to Thread