JH-3 for sale on eBay !!

Hello JH's Fans !

There is on JH-3 for sale on eBay

I think it's a good price, isn't it ?

(I'm not the seller)

Desdinova

Would be nice if the cert has the No. on it though

AK

Used to be more expensive. I think he lowered it. I think it's a very good price.

Sephiroth

I'm tempted. He's only got it listed for the USA. I've contacted him to see if he's wiiling to ship to the UK. The only thing really stopping me is I already have one in mint condition with no scratches which I purchased for less than hes selling a slightly worn one for now. I don't think I can pull the trigger on the same guitar for more money, in worse condition. If he says he won't ship to the UK then my problem solved. Otherwise I'll have to think it over for another few days. I loved the way my JH-3 sounds, but it's just sat in it's case for years, so not really justification for picking up another of the same model.

I really want a black truckster, but the amount of people who think they can pass off the early versions at the higher revised cost equivalent to the newer custom shop one is ridiculous. I picked up 2nd hand 2005 grey truckster in 2009 for 900 GBP, thats about $1200 to $1300. but the LTDs are now going for $900 brand new so the owners of the old trucksters are inflating their prices.

Examples http://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-ESP-TRUCKSTER-James-Hetfield-Signature-2005-w-Original-Hardshell-Case-/301948986248?hash=item464d8fe388:g:Q2oAAOSwQSBXHe22

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESP-Truckster-Black-James-Hetfield-Metallica-Signature-Series-/182111828637?hash=item2a66b5fa9d:g:-6oAAOSwZjhXIzGU

I'd rather pay the higher amount and get a brand new one from a dealer.

What year did ESP change their prices for signature series guitars from around $1,500 to $5k because they are now done through the custom shop? January 2013??

The grey 2014 version I can get for $2,800, http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESP-James-Hetfield-Truckster-Eclipse-APG-NEW-emg-jh-usa-i-ii-ctm-metallica-/172197275168?hash=item2817c1e620:g:YfIAAOSwKfVXK1KA no way I'm paying that for a 2005 to 2012 version.

Breadfan32

2013 they started doing custom shop.  Prices were more around 2500 then custom shop around 5000.  

I also disagree with the people trying to charge custom shop prices on the non custom shop models.  It's usually the people that have no clue.

That grey truckster looks awesome!  I would pull the trigger on that.  I just picked up a used esp black truckster.  I've owned two before.  I don't think I'll sell this one. 

You could always pull the trigger on the JH3 if he will ship to you and use that as your playing guitar.  Then you can keep yours mint! 

Sephiroth

So what's up with the nut? That's not the original one right? I'm away from home at the moment so can't check my one. I'm sure the original on them is white? Can anyone confirm?

He got back to me and would ship to me in the UK. Still not sure if I should get it or not. I don't like that it will cost me more than what I paid for the one I have already which is in better condition. And that nut is bothering me.

@ Breadfan32 - The Grey trucster is nice, but I don't want to get another grey one, if anything I really want the black one now. Where did you get your truckster? Was is reasonabley priced if you dont mind me asking?

Edit : I found an old picture of mine, and the nut is white.

Breadfan32

I realized after I made my post that you already had a grey truckster.  I found a used black one local and purchased it for under $2000.  It's like new condition.  

If you are having doubts don't buy that JH3.  You already have one anyways and A JH2 which I read! 

I was actually pretty close to putting in a bid for the Giants snakebyte James played that was being auctioned.  Kinda glad i didn't today.  

Big Daddy B

if anyone is looking for a grey truckster, 6 String had a new one. don't recall the price but believe it was in the 2's.

AK

Mine is white too. And has a gold Made in Japan sticker at the back.

ESP 348

Gorgeous guitar AK!

AK

Thank you very much It really is a beauty. Inspires me to write music.

ESP 348

That's great to hear man!

Post to Thread