ESP KH-2 SE 'Greenburst' - Where were they built ?

Updated
ESP KH-2 SE 'Greenburst' - Where were they built ?

Hi guys,

After this post about the difference of hardware (Europe, US, RoHS, Black, Chrome, ...) I'm coming with a new question about this guitar :

- Where were they built ?

I saw some "Custom Shop" on Youtube, with the back plate recessed and a K serial, I've got a "Signature Series" with a SS serial.

Do the Custom Shop ones are extras from the original 100 produced ?

Do Kiso factory built guitars can leave the wharehouse with a SS serial ?

Cheers,

G.

muhammad anwar

well it just a hearsay rumors and info from so call esp staff that you talk to or ask....please show us the email from esp japan about SS quality guitar wood neck body etc is made in china factory and quality issues.....can you speak and read japanese?

ESP 348

Thanks for sharing man, all very interesting stuff.

I am going to send you a PM.

Pushead
EXPcustom wrote:

and am just an irrelevant dinosaur.

Welcome to the club.

I realize that I've become "the weird old guy" at shows now. Never felt as old as I did at a show we were playing 3 years ago at a college campus.

Guiguitarz
EXPcustom wrote:

I know what I say know may make people freak out .

Yep 

EXPcustom

Don't be so shocked you guys wold really freak out to learn how much of your stuff is really made in China although labeled as made in USA, Japan or Germany. There is a major amp manufacturer that charges top dollar for his USA made amps but they the internals, PCBs, resistors, wires are all made and partially assembled in China as of a few years ago. Under trade laws as long as a certain percentage is made in a different country they can label it as made in the domestic country. Nothing illegal here.

EXPcustom
muhammad anwar wrote:

well it just a hearsay rumors and info from so call esp staff that you talk to or ask....please show us the email from esp japan about SS quality guitar wood neck body etc is made in china factory and quality issues.....can you speak and read japanese?

Don't care if you don't believe me. Like I said I no longer have the E-mail but if someone wants, E-mail ESP of Japan yourselves and ask. I haven't been able to get a responce in years. The employees at ESP of Japan speak and write good English.

All I know is that ESP of Japan wont consider a SS serial number a "true ESP" and they wont honor any warranty repairs on it. This was posted on the ESP of Japan website back in 2012. Use the way back machine and look it up yourself. I am too lazy too. Just being honest.

EXPcustom
Pushead wrote:

and am just an irrelevant dinosaur.

Welcome to the club.

I realize that I've become "the weird old guy" at shows now. Never felt as old as I did at a show we were playing 3 years ago at a college campus.

Instead of "weird old guy" I like to think of myself as the "chill stepdad".

Pushead

muhammad anwar

All esp kh-2 SE 100 pieces is made in year 2011.... you say esp japan mention in their website not honouring SS model in year 2012..... well my jaoanese friend didnt see it at the webpage.... show me the link at esp japan web please 

Sky Rodz

EXPcustom, 

ESP kh2se was only released officially in 2011 which came in around March on that year where i myself waited few mth right after Kirk got his birthday present on 2010 from ESP.  I got mine from the Authorised distributor of ESP guitar shops with boxes sticks with japanese words and barcode on it. And now you are talking about the facts that you found on 2012. Pls define more on how does it make sense with the SS serial number wood was made in china? Are you trying to tell us here that the ESP Japan practically had to ship back with all the freight charge cost from China wood and assemble it back in Japan then start release it in Japan and some regions? 

EXPcustom
Sky Rodz wrote:

EXPcustom, 

ESP kh2se was only released officially in 2011 which came in around March on that year where i myself waited few mth right after Kirk got his birthday present on 2010 from ESP.  I got mine from the Authorised distributor of ESP guitar shops with boxes sticks with japanese words and barcode on it. And now you are talking about the facts that you found on 2012. Pls define more on how does it make sense with the SS serial number wood was made in china? Are you trying to tell us here that the ESP Japan practically had to ship back with all the freight charge cost from China wood and assemble it back in Japan then start release it in Japan and some regions? 

Japan gets Edwards we got SS series or the rest of the world did. It's a well known fact ESP has a factory in Jixi China and this is where raw body blanks are made. China and Japan have trade agreements so this is a profitable venture. This is also why the paintjob is identical to K serial guitars, they were all painted in Japan. Just the neck thru body blanks are different. The neck shape nut width and details like recessed trem cover cavities were lacking because the blanks came from a different factory with more primitive tooling on SS serial guitars. This is a fact. You can tell by looking at the guitar.

Are you saying you bought a SS series guitar in Japan? That would never happen and was not allowed.

ESP of Japan did not honor warranties on SS serial guitars in the country of Japan. This is a fact.

What are you having a hard time understanding?

Sky Rodz

Then show me their message.

Sky Rodz

Your statement here is based on your understanding and your own judgement not the facts from them with evidence.

Sky Rodz

So are you trying to tell me that the 100pcs COA that was signed by Kirk and ESP factory manager was not true? So its fake?

Post to Thread