ESP KH-2 SE 'Greenburst' - Where were they built ?

Updated
ESP KH-2 SE 'Greenburst' - Where were they built ?

Hi guys,

After this post about the difference of hardware (Europe, US, RoHS, Black, Chrome, ...) I'm coming with a new question about this guitar :

- Where were they built ?

I saw some "Custom Shop" on Youtube, with the back plate recessed and a K serial, I've got a "Signature Series" with a SS serial.

Do the Custom Shop ones are extras from the original 100 produced ?

Do Kiso factory built guitars can leave the wharehouse with a SS serial ?

Cheers,

G.

NRudy

Ok ty I called Friday to check a few serial numbers and they had no idea so the best bet is to ask ur dealer who knows who to ask 

I asked him after a few serial numbers that he said were not coming up what about ESP kh-20 

he asked me having no clue of the guitar I said the serial number was I gave him 5 from 1-40 and he said I'm not getting any of those. But he was in the warehouse they can supposedly pickup any ESP guitar 

serial number but he was lost when the ppl who know get back from namm I'll have answers on 3 guitars I got from non ESP dealers.

NRudy

The ESP vintage kh-2 are k15 ... And k16.... Serial numbers 

NRudy

for 2015 and 2016 

esp kh-2 vintage models 

NRudy

ESP when it comes to records isn't exactly " know what's going on"

ive called and a few times and they never heard of the 2009 ouijas or kh-20....

Sephiroth

We should have jumped on that 2015 Vintage. You see the price ? 

AK

Quick question: those relics and vintages, do they have stickers on them or is it part of the paint job? if they are stickers don't they risk coming off in the long run?

Im actually curious about the black iron cross as well: the rust on the hardware, is it real or some sort of paint?

Guiguitarz

There are real stickers on RELIC and VINTAGE Series, of course they can come off, but they are really well sticked.

The rust on the hardware of a black Iron Cross is part of the finish. Not real.

Breadfan32

Nate I told you if you were looking to sell the vulture let me know.

sent you a message.  

Breadfan32

You're crazy man.  

Everyone here can see that.  I don't want your guitar or your help  to get a guitar.   

Let's move on.  

NRudy

Sorry off topic good luck 

NRudy

Did my jh vulture follow what your talking about I missed the new filing serial number system but ESP has dreadful records they just either don't want to tel u or don't know and blame everything on a fire 

what does E mean 

as for the kh-2 vintage I'll start a thread with photos 

on my receipt it says serial number n my dealer confirmed K-15 

is E kiso ? And what is the top custom shop for ESP guitars?

Guiguitarz

Nate,

Please stop polute every threads you're in, with your multiple guitars that you will give to friend, sold/ not sold, PRS private stock with african elephant pieces ... We did NOT care about anymore ! 

Sure you've got a nice collection, sure you're in pain => ! BUT ! <= You're not humble at all, and tell to everyone b***sh***ts and you're making us crazy.

Please make your own threads and polute yourself with your 75+ guitars and serials that we explained to you hundred of time, and you're asking about the Vulture that is just out on the market with a new one, how could we know more than you ?! You got 4 of these and no one on the board has it ! The solution is to share it and decode it together, not always asking to others !!!

You said that you can have great deals and help people ?! => NO ONE here thanked you for a deal you helped him for => NO ONE ! 

It seems like you're not havong problem with money nowadays, and you can get any guitar that you want, and the way you're talking about is nearly disgusting ... Let's see you play your gears, let's see you thousands of PRS, let's see your 4 JH Vulture and your LPs that you order last weeks before mods and after ??!! Please share this to us ON YOUR OWN THREAD !!!

BOARD HAS RULES !! YOU'RE NOT AGREE WITH THEM AT ALL !!! I know some boards where you can go OFT (Out Of Topic) only 3 times, then you're fired !

You got a lot to repair with our community, think about it... Thank's.

G. (and the rest of the board I think...)

NRudy

G what are u talking about ? I'll stick to topic did I ever claim to be a great guitar player I play ok this is on topic as my kh-2se had a K 

i don't know where it's made ESP doesn't know ? IMHO 

when I called they said it's not finding it I asked them about other gtrs couldn't find it. I said here's the most simple serial number where was it built #20 

i told him it's an ESP kh-20 he said he doesn't know and then gave me a story that the records were lost in the fire ... In fairness to ESP there's a few guys who worked or had something to do with a few esps and those guys that know where at the recent namm show.

your right G 

apologies.

NRudy

I'm not moding anything. No need for threads. 

ESP 348

Anyone looking to buy an SE? Is this the market for them now??

Here is one for sale and he has few other ESP guitars for sale also including a KH3.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Esp-KH-2-SE-Kirk-Hammett-Metallica-Signature-100pz-Special-Edition-/112196941708?hash=item1a1f75778c:g:VCcAAOSwcLxYIFX~

Sephiroth

I saw that SE. Too expensive for me unfortunately. 

ESP 348

Coolies, looks great but probably a little too much asking money perhaps.

I know forum member Alex was/is asking similar money for his SE, but I don't remember what the other few we have recenty seen were asking for their guitars.

All around this price from memory. Either way, they are cool guitars.

Guiguitarz

Chrome Hardware ... burk ...

ESP 348

Lol, I didn't even notice. Will look again now.

EXPcustom

I know it's an old thread just bumping to clarify some info since I was one of the first to bring a Kiso or K serial greenburst to the USA and market it as "different". First of all if you guys have questions about serials and factories, no offense but don't ask the ESP America employees they really don't know, ask ESP of Japan. In fact there was a huge turn over of employees there in 2012-2013, I think the president Matt is one of the few original guys.

K serial is what they get in Japan, better quality woods and materials and attention to detail than SS series, which is a completely different factory. Here's a fun fact. In Japan they wont honor a warranty if a guitar has a SS serial number. Those were made cheaper for the international market, not the Japanese market. A lot of Japanese citizens were buying SS series guitars thinking they were the same but when it came time to do a repair Japan ESP said no, in fact the problem got so bad the ESP of Japan put a notice on the ESP of Japan website. Stating they won't honor a warranty on international market guitars.

I know what I say know may make people freak out and I used to have an E-mail that proved this but SS serial guitars or their body blanks were made in China at the ESP factory there, Jixi, and painted/assembled in Japan so under international trade laws it would still qualify as "made in Japan" but this right here is the reason they don't have recessed trem covers, the Chian factory has older more primitive tooling. Flame away. They did this to keep costs down.

Big Daddy B

Not flaming at all. I always felt the workmanship on my SS SE was a step below and never believed the hype SS were same level as K.

Pushead

Wow, I'd heard for years that Edwards guitar bodies and necks were made in China, but this is the first I've heard of the SS bodies and necks as well.

Any idea at what point they moved the SS production there?

EXPcustom

I think it was a thing when they started the SS production up till the end of it. ESP corporate of Japan did away with it in 2012 because of brand confusion, domestic Japanese customers buying SS production guitars thinking they were "ESP" quality etc.

But yes it was Edwards for Japan and SS series ESP branded guitars for the USA back in those years.

I used to talk directly with the current ESP of Japan president and those ESP of Japan employees know the product and factories very well. I have not been able to get a responce from them in recent years.

I remember a few years ago people would ask ESP USA about certain guitars and they would ask Armand and he would ask me and then forward the info I gave, but I do tend to give out correct info. lol.

I just want to add I have been out of the loop for a few years and can't speak on what is going on with current ESP USA and Japan production. I no longer have the connections and am just an irrelevant dinosaur.

Post to Thread