ESP KH-2 SE 'Greenburst' - Where were they built ?

Updated
ESP KH-2 SE 'Greenburst' - Where were they built ?

Hi guys,

After this post about the difference of hardware (Europe, US, RoHS, Black, Chrome, ...) I'm coming with a new question about this guitar :

- Where were they built ?

I saw some "Custom Shop" on Youtube, with the back plate recessed and a K serial, I've got a "Signature Series" with a SS serial.

Do the Custom Shop ones are extras from the original 100 produced ?

Do Kiso factory built guitars can leave the wharehouse with a SS serial ?

Cheers,

G.

NRudy

Kh-2SE photos 

NRudy

More photos KH-2SE

NRudy

ESP 348

Congrats on the SE man! They are cool guitars.

NRudy

Cheers ty mate

ESP 348

I hope they don't make a KH-30 next year..............I don't feel like blowing another $10K+ on a guitar. :(

ESP 348

Looks good. Your pics came out as XL as well. U gonna swap the hardware out for black?

Black hardware looks the best on this guitar.

NRudy

Anyways to make videos upload I have the opening of every Hammett guitar but even a 10 second video says file too large.??

NRudy

Some more closeup photos of the ESP KH-2 SE 

screen grabs 

Headstock 

NRudy
NRudy wrote:

Here is a 2011 KH-2 SE "Signature Series" stamped and a K serial. Black Chrome Hardware.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-ESP-Kirk-Hammett-KH-2-SE-Green-Burst-1-of-100-MINT-1890-/131843145302?hash=item1eb276be56:g:UeIAAOSwnNBXWWZ- 

The production of those hundred was feaaaky 

That is the same seller I got the black DC from so can vouch for him. Nice guy to work with.

hey did u do the deal on ebay ? they sometimes have prs private stocks which say usa only im not sure how they get them i wasnt sure if they are real but if u say they are good ill look into it, because the brazillian rosewood and other timber and materials i.e. mammoth ivory is protected by "cites" so i was not sure it was real... is that guitar look like its with a "k" serial number ligit ? also what comes in the case and are the inlays green or see in the dark or do u know more info on what they were made of?

i think the ltd had green skull n corssbones and the hammett strap as a friend of mine had it but i get mixed up i had this guitar but only 1 week b4 i sold it for some1 who was willing to pay a lot. and i cant remember the details.

@bigdaddyB

i suppose im quoting myself which is odd, but are u sure this is authentic guitar ? im wondering why it has a K then stamp signature series, it had no coa which nowdays is for u.s. only but im wondering it looks plays sounds ligit.... how can i be certain? also this in fact can be a real esp number but it wouldnt be hard for the guy to make 10 of them and slowly sell them and everytime a person calls esp that serial number would come up as the kh-2 se im just in bed too much and im a bit worried this is the first used guitar i have purchased usually when i purchase a high end guitar its new with all the items that came in the OHSC with an esp white box and a coa, i would feel a lot more comfotable if we had a reason why my guitar has a K i mean i played a nice SS horizon fr-II floyd in RDB from 2013 and it was great it has thumb inlays really theyre small and a beginner would have trouble playing this guitar, i can play mostly not looking or talking to someone or singing terribly at the same time and on a fast metal solo if im in the right key i dont need to look to scolo even at the side dots but if im playing a hammett solo thats fast and moves around the neck id need the side dots. if anyone in her can ease my mind that my guitar is 100% authentic- id appreciate it. also did your guitar comes with the strings loose im not sure what strings are on her but they are like 8's and super easy to ben up and lose. i tuned it to standard tuning but since its the weekend and i cant get to my basement where i can restring lower the action set the intonation perfect and tune to std. tuning or a half step down etc and its a floyed and im in too much pain to to it lying in bed- come monday im going to take it rather my wife who wants to kill me 5 guitars all came today

and shell take it to my local guitar tech to put in dadarrio nyxl strings and have the action i like it it on the hammett m-II models lowest possible without touching or buzzing

standard tuning usually 90 percent are stad. 10 percent are half step down or drop D or full step down on the jackson flying V for real heavy songs.

i usually use to always use 10-52 or 10-46 and then some 9-42 i always keep a set of strings in the case so i know what guage im using but i can tell by playing i suppose its for when the guitar needs a restring i do it most of the time. if someone here can let me know how to fknow for sure if the guitar is authentic which im 99.9% sure i just have been in bed too long and i get anxiety also  i got the kh-2 vintage tuned down half a step, do u guys think if i was going to keep between the kh2 vintage and greenburst 1 standard tuning and 1 tuned down half a step so far i did the vintage and im going to have my guitar tech restring and setup low action and the way i ike it in standard tuning, or do you think i should have the green burst tuned down half a step and the vintage std. tuning ?

lots of questions any answers would be by anyone here really helpful thanks!

Nate

NRudy

most of my kirk hammett collection and some closer looks at the kh-20

more to come of the other guitars hope you guys can bare with my cell phone photos and my lack of photo skills but i will try my best.

will stay on topic sorry...

Guiguitarz

Nice pic and really nice collection Nate, but we are a bit out of topic now ...

So, maybe you can open a thread and post, or keep putting pictures in your albums  Thanks !

NRudy

Your right my bad no more photos sorry bout that.

NRudy

sure ty should i remove them ill put in my album i wasnt sure if i was allowed to start a new thread about my pics im sorry!!

Nate

NRudy

i think if they make a kh-30 make 30 only... same thing with the kh-20 when i purchased it i was told only 20 were being made 20 is much less than 40....  it came out i paid at the time it was like esp 10k msrp from where ? in 2007 i got a kh2 ntb for 3k. but still thats a lot it came out the first 10 flew and sold then it took over a year to sell the 20 in north america, the full 40 prob didint sell for 2or 3 years all i can speak to is the 20 in north america- that top is not like a prs even 10 top let alone artist wood library or private stock not even close. But you pay for the hammett name and i thought only 20-(thats why these gtrs appreciate and you can use them and sell them i kept my kh20 and 2 ouijas from 2009 new) im sure i can always sell it but how great is it to say i have 3 of the top hammett guitars new in the case never used.

yes it may be silly to some but with 3 kids running around im not taking chances i think these 3 will be worth a lot in years to come... and i have plenty of guitars to use.

it would be cool if the kh-30 is im debating strat or mII body with black or any color but green like the wave caster esp made for kirk but that was a tele... i hope its something very unique,no more monsters- classic guitar and the most evil guitar ever made and only 30. it was a con. shouldve been kh-20 20 kh2 ouija 25 each color.

now the kh-2 se im finding out is more than 100 wasnt the msrp 9/10k ? i forgot mine has a K on the headstock so my theory was they made extra for all these guitars and it was for warranties and they sold the extras at the NAMM shows or to loyal dealers, i mean ive only seen 3 kh-2se's with a K it would be cool if there was a way to get all 100 but i think thats is too much these gtrs are 100 not 20 i mean 42... and they change hands so often even the list of the 20 was not updated, and im sure its all or many switched hands, i saw 5 that sold on ebay and i dont follow ebay a lot.

NRudy

I should be getting a 2015 

kh-2 vintage with the ashtray back n seperate comp. 

i will let you know the serial # it's hard to get answers from a few ESP insiders as they are at the namm show or were last weekend and this week I should know more info soon and put a photo of the guitar they still make 2016 models. 

I just didn't want to wait a few months to get it from the shop in Japan but guitar collectors page is not last time I checked updated. 

There are people with 2016 kh-2 vintage lmodels I chose a 2015 kh-2 vintage with the new updates from the 2011 model. I think this weekend n this week n maybe some of next week maybe Thursday to Tuesday or so was the namm show the ESP insiders are at. I think mine was made in the custom shop n should have a K serial no. "E" usually means Edwards by ESP or it could mean "EII " USA models that I never get a straight answer from dealers of what's with that line , I'll get a lot of answers after the namm show and when things calm down at ESP

Sephiroth

Nate, your question has already been answered by ESP in the "ask ESP" section2 months ago.

"E" from 2015 as a prefix is for ESP.

http://www.espguitars.com/forums/1963390/posts/2152034-serial-number-prefixes

Dear ESP Customers: 

Unfortunately the factories at ESP Japan have not kept a consistent and sensible serial number tracking system in place over the years. This has resulted in alot of confusion, and even with the below system we have been provided by the factories, you may still come across the occasional serial number that may conflict with, or doesn't fall under any of the listed categories. For this we apologize, and we are working to maintain a more consistent system going forward. The PRE-2015 system doesn't apply to early ESP's, some of which had no serial number tracking system at all and used random numbers. Consider the below a "guideline". Thanks for your understanding.

-The ESP Guitar Company

PRE-2015 Factory designation by prefix:

T - ESP Custom Shop

SS - ESP Standard Factory 

K - ESP Kiso Factory / set-neck and neck-thru only

S - ESP Sado Factory / bolt-on only

Year of production:
First 2 numerical digits 

POST-2015:Factory designation by final digit:

1 - ESP Custom Shop

2 - ESP Tokyo Factory

3 - ESP Standard Factory

Year of production:
Fifth & sixth numerical digits 

Brand designation prefix:

E - ESP

ES - E-II

NRudy

The 2015 ESP kh-2 vintage serial number is K-15.....

NRudy

Mines a k15.... Serial number.

Post to Thread