ESP KH-2 SE 'Greenburst' - Where were they built ?

Updated
ESP KH-2 SE 'Greenburst' - Where were they built ?

Hi guys,

After this post about the difference of hardware (Europe, US, RoHS, Black, Chrome, ...) I'm coming with a new question about this guitar :

- Where were they built ?

I saw some "Custom Shop" on Youtube, with the back plate recessed and a K serial, I've got a "Signature Series" with a SS serial.

Do the Custom Shop ones are extras from the original 100 produced ?

Do Kiso factory built guitars can leave the wharehouse with a SS serial ?

Cheers,

G.

NRudy

That guitar is more white the ouija 09 white I have is like this under regular lighting

it's just under very low fluorescent lighting in the photo above

this is how I want my kh-2 or more white.

This gtr I'll have in pearl white and in black saphire in 35 days or so. 

This is gtr I should've purchased it was like 5k on eBay a few years ago 

ESP 348

I am sure you can order one exactly the same from the Custom Shop exactly like the white one pictured and will cost around the same man. $5000 give or take a few bucks.

NRudy

With skull n crossbone inlays n kirks sig ?

ESP 348

Anything is possible if you have the money.

NRudy

Does any1 know if they discontinued the kh sig amp 

Randall rmf100kh 

now that they have the kh103

i can't find it anywhere it's like they all disappeared now they only show kh103

Breadfan32

It's been discontinued.  It's the KH103 now which looks and sounds pretty good from a couple vids I've seen on YouTube.

NRudy

thats x large I don't know how to make it bigger it's the Randall RM100KH I think I always mix up the exact model number but it's the Kirk Hammett amp I'll try to get close ups but I'm using a camera phone from an iPhone 

NRudy

Here are some more photos I love Kirk Hammett I play the way he plays soloing middle finger out 

n only thing I did not do was change picks 13 years ago to the smaller harder jazz picks with the cut out I stayed with the Dunlop .88 mm tortex picks custom I use from dealers to my own skull n crossbone tm picks n I didn't use the tape on my right hand I didn't pound that hard as I had nicer more quilted n curly or flame maple tops in my Prs phase. I'm considering buying that amp I have a cab with the Kirk sig on the bottom corner so maybe some research on the kh103 I'm sure Mesa boogie I think that's what James still uses is the best but I love Hammett. 

Breadfan32

I've owned that amp before.  I would try and get the new KH103 if I was you.  

NRudy
Breadfan32 wrote:

I've owned that amp before.  I would try and get the new KH103 if I was you.  

Why ?

NRudy

Regarding the kh-2 vintage anyone has a scuff mark on the neck by the 15th fret ?

Guiguitarz

No scuff on my 2005 Vintage, The neck is untouch, the vintage process was (and is) not applied on the neck, neither on the fretboard.

NRudy

I guess mine was damaged a tad in shipping ?? It came straight from ESP in north Hollywood to my dealer to me. I'll call them ty.

Crazyfrase

Checked my relic, no scuff. Impressive collection of gear!

NRudy

The fretboard is aged... There's I can't explain it I'll take a photo later it's like 

it looks worn with tiny dots to make it look used but it's distressed. Photos to come

NRudy

Here are photos 

NRudy

The fretboard is aged

it goes from the first fret to last 

NRudy

The fretboard closer photos 

mine is aged it's 11 days old n I played it minutes my 10 year old kh-2 is smoother so somethings going on here are the photos I can't figure out on my phone how to make the photos clear or larger than medium. 

Breadfan32

Fretboard looks fine to me 

NRudy

Sorry this thread was about Randall amps kh-2 vintage guitars it's suppose to be about the kh-2se so while I can't see straight so I will not punctuate if everyone has a problem with the thread all over the place I'm sorry. Anyways I'll keep it to the kh-se. I'll find out why I have that mark on the kh-2 vintage... If I get info from ESP or my dealer I'll post ty everyone .

Sephiroth

yeah the Fretboard looks fine? No scuff on mine either by 15th fret.

Nate, what are you selecting when you upload the photos? Once you've uploaded your picture you go to your library right? and then you click on the picture you want?

It should look like the picture below. 

Once you've selected it the screen changes to the "Image details" tab as per below, click on the drop down arrow next to medium :-

You should get a menu with all the different sizes you can select, Highlight and select X-Large :-

It should now appear as the selected sizeas highlighted in yellow below. Once thats there, click "insert Image"

I cant make the instructions any simpler than that. If that doesn't work all I can assume is that you've set your phone to take pictures at a smaller resolution.

If I open your pictures in a new tab it says they are medium. If I I open mine in a new window they say x-large, so you must still be choosing the medium option. 

NRudy

Thanks for that I understand what I need to do and high marks on a great presentation. I feel like a maroon lol 

its prob my phone I don't know I click on the medium and instead of the drop down menu that gives me the choices it's an up arrow or down arrow with still medium on it. I think if I was using my MacBook Pro it might be or work rather like u so perfectly explained. Well done I think everything apple the cloud is messed up and confusing unless you always used apple or you work with computers. I have 5x of all my photos on my MacBook Pro my phone has clips of me golfing in 2013 Scotland England and Dublin Ireland. My guitar solos n clips when I could stand n from my couch n bed when I got hurt. And they're too big even 10 second videos to upload or show videos of opening every Kirk Hammett guitar and many rare hetfield guitars I tried thinking about it and save for 1 I sold I believe I currently own every ESP run of Kirk Hammett guitars. Some I have more than 1 I don't count the ESP ltd. 1 white zombie that I have in my collection. I guess the scuff mark I have happened somewhere in transit from la to ny but since the gtr is distressed nobody noticed it's really not a big deal I purposely purchased this guitar again I own a relic and it was to play not caring if it's gets dinged up but I'm very careful to a fault I clean b4 and after the gtr strings n clean my sweat off the body neck only because setting up a Floyd rose guitar is a pain in the ass. I was in the hospital I played the guitar for 15 min I checked when it came the video of me opening it n the scuff mark can be seen when opening it I guess I didn't see it I wasn't looking for it n it's a distressed aged guitar. Should I return it I got it new from ESP to my dealer then put on the strings I use and setup for me this gtr tuned down Haf a step. I usually use mostly std. Tuning. Maybe the person who did the setup dinged it up. I also like these days very low action and started using 9s again still use 10s but bending a lot I preffer the 9-46. Or done 9-42mm or 10-52... All depending on the guitar. As for the extra low action seems easier for me to play sweep picking and arpeggios. I got such a great price on this guitar n the new vulture with free gear like wireless line 6 relay new in the box and some other free stuff I'm not sure it's worth returning I got an insanely low pricing on the 4 guitars I ordered 2 ESP USA are making for me so I can't cancel them and the vulture there's a waiting list until November unless 6 months ago my dealer ordered me 1.

i honestly don't mind since I got the kh-2 vintage to not care it was curiosity that 

brought me to ask but I wonder the Gibson aged by the artist that he did by hand in the Gibson shop that was 100 and 50. This ESP kh-2 vintage must have been thousands or more sold over a decade or so do u think it was done by machine are they all the same exact ? 

Should I return it I can prob get a bit more off either ny next order or this guitar or send it back then wait if they have another in ESP USA which they are very limited since as far as I know the latest model is 2013. That would take 2 weeks or if they don't have one in stock 6 months or I'm not sure it would need to go dealer through Japan then back to dealer than me. I'd rather have the guitar and play it. 

I will try as soon as I recover to take photos in super large if I can figure out how to get a photo of my Kirk Hammett guitars not just ESP but custom Jackson's gibsons Gibson Les Pauls ESP vintage plus customs etc all specced to kirks setup. I will also try to make them large or perhaps I'll just take the guitars easy to get to. I can't pickup a guitar Drs orders. I tried my best.

NRudy

About 50 or so guitars of my around 76 plus guitars plus more coming can be found on my profile page I think. 

How can I delete some photos on my profile they are a mess and I'm going to try to organize them in ESP ss esp custom esp hetfield esp Hammett other custom brands Hammett then other custom guitars Gibson fenders and half my collection is Prs. 

But that may take a while as I recover from surgery and await more scheduled surgeries. 

I hope you enjoy them thanks 

Breadfan32

Nate keep that vintage and use it as your main playing guitar.  

Dont worry about it!  

Also, if you need to sell that Vulture let me know! 

NRudy

Lol no ty the kh-2 SE came today early like 2 day shipping from Japan and very well packed they do a great job. I have some pics I need to change the strings I think they are 8.5 or very light. I'd like 9 or 10 nyxl or Ernie ball cobalt. N lower action.  

The only thing is they don't set up the guitar with at least new strings but all in all I played it a few min to make sure it works looks good and is in like new condition. 

Will post photos they won't be large I can't figure it out on my phone!

NRudy

What's the best price you can get n where are u located ? I got 1 but it was ordered 6 months ago the main dealers would have more in November , I'm sure I can get u a better price email me n put all caps in the subject July 1 meanwhile look for the best price and the imp thing is delivery time. I'll try to help u out and not make any money on it 

Guiguitarz

But it doesn't reset your pic count.

Maybe we should tell about this issue in the "Ask ESP" section , cause you're right, this is very annoying...

Post to Thread