ESP KH-2 SE 'Greenburst' - Where were they built ?

Updated
ESP KH-2 SE 'Greenburst' - Where were they built ?

Hi guys,

After this post about the difference of hardware (Europe, US, RoHS, Black, Chrome, ...) I'm coming with a new question about this guitar :

- Where were they built ?

I saw some "Custom Shop" on Youtube, with the back plate recessed and a K serial, I've got a "Signature Series" with a SS serial.

Do the Custom Shop ones are extras from the original 100 produced ?

Do Kiso factory built guitars can leave the wharehouse with a SS serial ?

Cheers,

G.

NRudy

Here is a 2011 KH-2 SE "Signature Series" stamped and a K serial. Black Chrome Hardware.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-ESP-Kirk-Hammett-KH-2-SE-Green-Burst-1-of-100-MINT-1890-/131843145302?hash=item1eb276be56:g:UeIAAOSwnNBXWWZ- 

The production of those hundred was feaaaky 

That is the same seller I got the black DC from so can vouch for him. Nice guy to work with.

hey did u do the deal on ebay ? they sometimes have prs private stocks which say usa only im not sure how they get them i wasnt sure if they are real but if u say they are good ill look into it, because the brazillian rosewood and other timber and materials i.e. mammoth ivory is protected by "cites" so i was not sure it was real... is that guitar look like its with a "k" serial number ligit ? also what comes in the case and are the inlays green or see in the dark or do u know more info on what they were made of?

i think the ltd had green skull n corssbones and the hammett strap as a friend of mine had it but i get mixed up i had this guitar but only 1 week b4 i sold it for some1 who was willing to pay a lot. and i cant remember the details.

Guiguitarz

Note that this one did not come with its CoA ...

NRudy

Yeah  it's a sympathy gtr I better get home before my wife hides them. 

Guiguitarz

NRudy

I have no idea why my post didn't go through my phone froze so I took a screen shot.  And haha I'm a maroon but I have questions !!!

NRudy

Guiguitarz

The Custom Shop has already done it Nate, for Kirk, but they did .

A paint job on a Black one won't be too much expensive, and the job is easy. Have you seen my Monster Collection ?

NRudy

I did not see it I will check it out, I have a very nice collection as well close to 80 high end guitars from the fender custom shop starting point is 3k msrp I do have several other guitars but for collection A its fender custom shop to Prs private stock custom inlays n limited run I have 49 Prs guitars from mostly 2014 but save for a few 2003 Santana Prs the rest is 1 in 2011 2 in 2012 the rest 2013-2016 only 5 in 2015-2016 but I have some custom inlay Prs private stock on order I have 10 limited run wood library n artist grade and a few 10 tops the rest are private stock n a few collection series, then all of Kirk hammetts guitars n 8 James hetfield 6 fender custom shop Gibson customs esps ss and customs Jackson 6 customs and 4 Steve vai Ibanez high end if all goes well I purchased 7 new ESP guitars 1 Prs and 1 used ESP Hammett this week. I'll check out your collection.

NRudy
Guiguitarz wrote:

The Custom Shop has already done it Nate, for Kirk, but they did .

A paint job on a Black one won't be too much expensive, and the job is easy. Have you seen my Monster Collection ?

Do u know a guy who can do everything including the hardware white in NYC?

Guiguitarz

Even the Hardware White ?!  You mean the Floyd, knobs ? Because the PUs are easy to do, even their brackets, but the others parts are tricky...

FYI I'm from France Nate 

NRudy

Yeah everything white u order a white Floyd white knobs white 5 way selector and everything else white 

Guiguitarz

Wow, I've never seen a whithe Floyd Rose, the white finish on this type of metal is tricky. Even the fine tunings screws ??!!  I think going for a Chrome one is a kind solution ... knobs and 5 way selector are easy to get.

NRudy

Maybe if I can't order a Floyd in white direct then black anyways there's options of be happy for now just painting professionally 

the kh-2 white like this for $500 would be OK as a start. Should anyone know a person that can do the job right please let me know his contact info. Thanks 

I'd settle for this for now 

NRudy

Part II 

NRudy

NRudy

Info on the kh-2Se

why does the ltd look like it has cooler inlays bright greenb

plus a free custom kh strap limited addition ????

i just paid $205 delivered for KHS-1 from kirks page 

NRudy

Nice monster horror collection I'm all horror out too much horror I would like to get one of my 5 kh-2 I sold 2 recently but purchased 2 

i have 2014 kh-2 n 2015 but I want everything white unlike the photo above do u know great ppl for that I live in NYC 

the other kh-2 1 is custom 2 are NTB from late 90 to last summer 

I have every Kirk Hammett guitar not the monsters only esps that were for sale I have a white zombie but it's my only ESP lye n I don't like the monsters I've been to 107 shows everywhere in the world well 5 continents and heard the whole first 5 albums live puppets 06 Dublin kill em all detriot ride n black albums Atlantic city and I heard every song from justice through concerts n the 4 Fillmore shows in 2003 and in 2011 then heard fryed ends recently a few times last 2 years overseas 2014 was the only year they played 1 North American gig in Montreal we went n 8 concerts in a row in Mexico City the baseball stadium were most in a row I want to say summer a bit more than 5 years or so ago I was at both S&M shows in NYC n in toseland ballroom n the Apollo a few years ago from small intimate shows to 90,000 stadium shows. I love Metallica n Kirk Hammett is my inspiration n James 

Sephiroth

I find it quite funny you are asking the forum for information to get a guitar painted the way you want, but when we asked for information on how you were getting a good deal on a specific guitar you said you wouldn't give us your ESP dealer contact. Would be nice if information flowed both ways.

NRudy

I can't get a dealer/s in trouble for selling me guitars at cost I don't know what else to tell u I should cut off my suppliers I have a connection for years with 5 gtr dealers each one specializes in a brand or brands they get in trouble if they don't sell for certain pricing I can't burn them. Some are friends. I hope you can understand that if not I explained more than I should've.

NRudy

I asked for an artist to give him work not that helps him I'm getting guitars at wholesale some cost because in the last 3 years with major dealers I spent mid 6 figures on 70 guitars plus I'm not friends with all of them but for ESP I have a guy I get his cost he's not going to do it for whomever reads the message board I'm not even allowed to sell the ESPJH VULTURE for $2900 I can sell mine privately but then I'd have to wait a few months to get another but I can't sell a lot this dealer/s I have 2 for ESP  would get in trouble I'm not burning my guys.

NRudy

@sep I can give u a source not my top 2 but a 3rd that I don't care about as much 

and it would get me n if u want it I get 1 and I'm not making any money a kh-2 new vintage with full warranty they are ESP dealers anyways brand new I negotiated the price if your serious about buying a kh-2 vintage u can email me and since I'm a nice guy I'll help u get it for the price they quoted me which was I think delivered to NYC kh-2 vintage new with coa and case and some minor extras I think it was some string n guitar cleaners a Prs cloth and 3 or a bit more sets of strings for $3900. The dealer was Sweetwater if u want to take a shot at negotiating with them please don't reference or drop my name if u want to buy the guitar I can email u the quote I just got a new 1 from a dif dealer.  I'm glad if I can help if u pay by bank transfer you should be able to save cc vig it's dif in every store assuming u were going to use visa or mc it's anywhere from 2-4 percent if I were you the quote says any cc so if u want to get the most off assuming they take Amex say u want to pay with Amex n do a bank transfer u should save another $200 and I have to look at the quote again if u just want gtr case n coa u can prob save sweet waters cost. Hope this helps I like helping when I can since I only purchased 9 guitars and a few amps from my guy there and he's retired n I was assigned a new dealer I don't  mind telling u that if u follow that u can prob save $1200 min as most stores sell it for $4600-$5000 and plus hope this has helped you. 

Sephiroth

Big Daddy- I found theproduct page Nate is referring to. http://cdn.growassets.net/user_files/esp/downloads/000/000/100/ESP-2011-Catalog.pdf?1392144828

The inlays look green on both, is that not the case? I don't own this signature.

Breadfan32

Nate you need to take a picture of all your Hammett and Hetfield guitars.  It's seems like you might have one of the best collections out there.  

NRudy

I think I have every Kirk gtr ESP I have a list says 21 but I have 5 kh-2's n did not update my list the top 3 are the kh20, kh2 2009 white ouija and 2009 blk ouija x2 

then who thinks 4 should be kh-2 relic, kh-2 SE or kh-2 original from 99 ouija b4 the sees   Cease and desist order

kh-2 vintage or khdc stblk ? Or my second kh-2 2009 ouija 

and as far as James only have jh1.jh3.truckster blk. Truckster grey, Vulture blks. Off top of my head 5 or 6 

Sephiroth

And when you do manage to take pictures of all your Hammett an Hetfield guitars, can you please change the image size to X-Large? The medium size is too small. Thanks 

Guiguitarz

Good tips 

Is there a way to see YOUR collection Sephiroth ? You don't have any photo in your album, and I didn't see a post with it. I saw a nice Ouija, a MX and a JH-3 above, that makes me drool mate 

NRudy

I will try I'm currently in bed my guitars are on 4 floors some at offices some in NJ by the shore I can't lift anything it killed me n 2 days after those photos of the three top Hammett gtrs I was in the hospital I just got home n I need to take it easy in bed 

I do not have the KHDC in black cherry I didn't like the gtr n I sold it so I'm missing 1 if any 1 can think of a ESP ss Kirk Hammett gtr I may not have let me know only ESP not ltd. kh1 kh2 all kinds kh3 bolt on n NTB kh4 kh-2 ouija kh-2 relic

kh-2 vintage kh-20 kh-2obbx2 2009 kh-2obw kh-2SE KHDC stblk I think that's it 

but don't have khdc BC sold it off the top of my head I have those plus some Jackson Rhodes custom like Kirk speccs some gibsons Les Paul custom emg like kirks I asked him certain details when speccing out that n other ESP vintage ESP strat custom guitars I spoke to him in person for a couple of hours in 2011

and I have Gibson custom Flying V 1979 reissue Hammett 

NRudy

I did X large on my last photos of amps the Randall Kirk Hammett the rm100kh

hope that helps as for the Hammett photos will do when my wife can help me I'm not suppose to carry anything I'm in bed on Meds 3 weeks min I still have to figure out a safe way to take photos of 20-25 guitars Hammett n hetfield plus I listed above which ones I have n which ones I have here I think I have all Hammett esps most in NYC and I think only 2 hetfields in NYC 5 more in nj I don't really get hetfields unless it's Flying V or truckster jh3 styles n I didn't get the iron cross not the 2009 1 not the snakebites 

not the Snow White iron cross 

another way to get just saying really great pricing on hetfield or Hammett is getting a "b stock" model I don't know what that is I never got it n most of my gtrs well all are new save for the kh-2 SE as I had it I sold it I purchased it. 

I read up on it says it has nothing wrong with the playability of the gtr but there might be the slightest of blemishes that the human eye can't see n 5 ESP big dealers told me it's nothing n worth saving a lot. I never purchased a b stock 

I think music store live which I purchased 13 guitars from mostly Prs fender n a Jackson n w few others in 2014 n 2 or 3 esps first purchase was nov 13 last was summer 14 from them or also another kh-2 last summer could be 15 guitars 

they have a Snow White iron cross that's a b stock u can call them n they are mostly sorta honest but remember they are trying to sell you n move inventory I'm sure if u Google or search the boards they will explain b stock better I get 99 percent of my guitars new 

also I'd trust Msl if they say their b stock is as if new with full warranty u can get it for a good deal then it's about your negotiating skills. 

Good luck I'm more of a Hammett 24 fret guy so I chose carefully the papa het gtrs 

jh1 jh3 trucksters n vulture I also have some Gibson vintage Flying V guitars he uses with the new jh pickups on them.

Sephiroth

I don't have a current picture with all my guitars in it.I have an old one from 2008, I've since added a grey Truckster, 2009 Black Ouija and a White Iron Cross to the Collection since.

Breadfan32

Very nice!

NRudy

Nice collection!

Sephiroth

To be honest I don't remember. I know it's in the 30s, I think its 36 or 38. I'll find out when I'm home on the weekend.

NRudy

Sep nice I hope we can be pals or friends on the board.... Mine are kh20-20 and 8 and 20 n 25obw

2009 ouijas ...

i will in the future make the photos bigger 

in my studio I have 2 horizons custom 1 vintage plus ESP 

list of kirks here

kh-2 x3 1 on the way 1 sold 1 in NYC

KH-3 spider eclipse 

gibson Flying V kh 79

khdc stblk 

kh-2 ouija blk 2009

kh-2 blk white 2009 

kh20 

kh2-se should arrive soon only Hammett I purchased used but in 9.8/10 condition 

Kh-2 vintage 

custom vintage ESP to kirks speccs that he used in the one video. 

I have a video but it says it's too large to upload .... Of my Hammett gtrs. Not all most 

James hetfield gtrs in this house 

truckster blk

esp vulture blks (should be arriving soon)

the rest are in my summer home or offices 

Big Daddy B

Nice collection. Love the deer explorer!

ESP 348

Awesome collection Sepi! Thanks for posting pics.

I will also have to update pics of my collection soon.

Post to Thread