Post up your sigs in action!

Updated
Post up your sigs in action!

I know a lot of the community are active in bands so I thought I would start a post so you can show them in action! Here are some from me playing my Hetfield sigs in my Metallica tribute band:

ESP 348

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

I don't have any action shots unfortunately.

Colin Groove

Give us a bedroom headbanging shot lol

Travis L.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7jBvHrRMjA

See My KH-2 in action. Jamming the Wherever I May Roam guitar solo in my living room. Enjoy ESP family.

Breadfan32

Nice!

Breadfan32

Cool pics!  

Travis L.

Thanks! Cool! Cant wait for the post!

Big Daddy B

I went ahead and shot a few clips. If you guys like, I can do my Vintage, Greenburst, and DC as well. I don't know how to make fancy videos so this is just with my cell phone and the phone mic facing the wrong direction. Pardon the glare from the light and dark eye circles, it is night here been up since 4am and traveled to San Fran and back today all while getting over a cold. Rig is Digitech Whammy, KH95 wah, Line 6 DM4 into Mesa Road King 2x12 combo.

Ouija/Wherever I May Roam solo + outro solo

KH-20/Memory Remains

I even busted out Kirk's Pro Am/Shortest Straw

Travis L.

Loving that interlude to the Memory Remains! spot on Big Daddy! Im guessing that was a pitch shifter to get that sound.

Big Daddy B
Travis L. wrote:

Loving that interlude to the Memory Remains! spot on Big Daddy! Im guessing that was a pitch shifter to get that sound.

Yes, I used a Whammy pedal set to up an octave.

Sixcubed

Very nice! 

Pushead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFYh-0E7bzA

Older vid from when I had the Mummy.

ESPEXP

It's nice seeing someone playing their own stuff.

Pushead

I'd rather show songs that no one has heard before so they don't know how bad I mess up.

ESP 348

Great videos everyone!

Love that tone Big Daddy!!! And those guitars also!

ESP 348

I have a question for you all.......

I have the opportunity to buy a Mesa Mark IV, Mesa Dual Recto *later one* and a Mesa Dual Recto Mulitwatt with tweed face.

Which one would you guys buy? They are all priced really well here in Australia at the moment.

The cab will be a Mesa also, just need to find one.

The only reason I have been looking is because I can sell my Marshall Slash Jubilee Signature amp and for the same money pick up a Mesa head/cab combo. So it will not cost me any money at all to make this happen.

A friend told me to go with the Mark IV, but he also said Kirk has used Rectos for a while now. I wouldn't mind that KH sound to go with the 10x KH guitars I have.

I am leaning towards the Mark IV as it's switchable from 45w to 90w. My mate suggested this or the Dual Recto Multiwatt as it goes from 50w to 100w.

Any thoughts or info would be much appreciated.

Travis L.

ESP 348 

I would totally go with the Mark IV dude. You can fine tune all of your sound and a cool thing about the Mark Series is that they are very tight sounding. If your looking for Metallica tone look no further the Mark series is what made those legendary tones on master/justice/black etc.

Rectos are badass as well! Get good chug from those heads! And are very loud! But in my honest opinion the Mark series is best for Metallica tones. 

I have a Mark V 25 and has the Mark IIc+ , Mark IV built in and the sounds is astonishing! 

This is just my opinion tho you can grab whatever amp you want.

And of course they have a Randall KH sig as well. 

Big Daddy B
Travis L. wrote:

And of course they have a Randall KH sig as well. 

Good point. If you find the older one with the modules then that should get you dialed in pretty quick.

Big Daddy B

Tough choice. I would think the Mark V would be more versatile but if you are a guy that doesn't want to screw around with EQ adjustments, then you may be better off with the Rectos. I believe all three will have a variac to drop power in volume is a concern. I have a Road King which is a recto and I have it in 50W mode. It sounds good at low bedroom volumes which is crazy given it's size. Are these located close to you so that you could go try them?

Breadfan32

I agree with everything Travis L said.  Go with the mark 4.  

Mark amps have all the Metallica tones you need. I also have a mark 25 right now and nail some pretty good tallica tones.  

ESP 348

Cheers boys! None of these amps are close to me to try unfortunately, but I have watched a lot of Youtube vids.

Obviously they will sound different *better* in person.

I have no interest in the Randall KH amp, but thanks for making a mention of it.

My friend offered me to sell his Dual Recto Multiwatt amp, he said that will be more Kirk's sound over a Mark IV.

I also don't have any interest in playing with the EQ, but I do understand it will take some playing around to dial in the sound I want.

I am leaning towards the Mark IV as I stated before and another reason for this is because I like old stuff. Lol

Thanks again, I will keep on thinking about it and hopefully none of them sell anytime soon.

Breadfan32

You can't go wrong with either.  You will probably find you with need an OD pedal for the recto.  

The marks aren't that hard to dial in.  Once you figure it out you'll be fine.  

ESP 348

Thanks man, much appreciated. I think I will go for the Mark IV. I will let you boys know what I decide to do.

AK

Mark IV would be great. There is also the new Petrucci signature which is essentially a IIC+

Travis L.

I agree with Breadfan. They arent hard to dial in. And another cool thing about mark amps is that you can dial ALOT to make a great tone. Its like the swiss army knife of amps. Also with having all the knobs/switches/eq etc built in you dont have to worry about buying external stuff. Everything is built into those amps. Still just my opinion. So this is pretty much what i think

Rectos = badass/balls to the walls

Marks = badass/balls to the walls + more versatile 

Mesa/Boogie makes amazing products and anything you get will sound awesome dude. Were just giving you our experience.

Cheers!

Big Daddy B
Travis L. wrote:

I agree with Breadfan. They arent hard to dial in. And another cool thing about mark amps is that you can dial ALOT to make a great tone. Its like the swiss army knife of amps. Also with having all the knobs/switches/eq etc built in you dont have to worry about buying external stuff. Everything is built into those amps. Still just my opinion. So this is pretty much what i think

Rectos = badass/balls to the walls

Marks = badass/balls to the walls + more versatile 

Mesa/Boogie makes amazing products and anything you get will sound awesome dude. Were just giving you our experience.

Cheers!

I would encourage anyone looking for a Swiss army tube amp to also check out the road king. 4 channels with 3 modes per channel and assignable tub selection choose between EL34 and SL6 or a combination. Not just rebiasing it actually has both types on board.

Post to Thread