Hey.....Who's got a guy...??

Updated
Hey.....Who's got a guy...??

I have a KH-2 NTB that I'd like to have a really good Mummy replica done on. This thing has been sitting here ever since Bill E. died and now it's time to have it done. I'd go all out for inlays too if someone has a REALLY competent person they've dealt with and trusted. Good photos are always appreciated too!

IIRC the nicest one is in France right now?

Carcaridon

Guiguitarz does some awesome work.

Guiguitarz

Thanks mate 

BlackJack21

I think Guiguitarz's mummy is a decal, but his other guitars aren't. His painter did a great job on those from what I've seen.

Tondog

I don't even mind the decal as long as the inlays would turn out as good as that!

Big Daddy B

yeah his Bride of Frankensten is tits

Tondog

It is the bomb for sure! I wonder if he simply plugged a hole on a KH-2 for the volume controls?

Big Daddy B

He had a whole thread on that but yes I believe he filled it or filled 2 and drilled a new one in between to improve the spacing.

Guiguitarz
Big Daddy B wrote:

He had a whole thread on that but yes I believe he filled it or filled 2 and drilled a new one in between to improve the spacing.

It's a M-II guys, like Kirk, not a KH-2 ... So I put the tone knob in the "Gibson style" old selector hole, and did a slot to put a fender-style 3-way switch selector => That's the tricky part, but I'm pretty ok with it, and it looks absolutly great.

That's why the guitar, as my Dracula, is unique cause you need to ask a Custom from ESP to get 2 knobs (Volume and Tone) and a switch ... 

Big Daddy B
Guiguitarz wrote:

That's why the guitar, as my Dracula, is unique cause you need to ask a Custom from ESP to get 2 knobs (Volume and Tone) and a switch ... 

Kirk does have a 3 knob Dracula too so it wouldn't be too far fetched to keep the original control layout.

Guiguitarz

Yes, I forget to mention it, I did the replica of his M-II 'Dracula', he has a 3 knobs too, of course I know it, she was the one exposed at the Airport .

I like the fact that on a "Graphic guitar" I've got more room for paint than for knobs  Don't you Pap !?

ESP 348

The inlays on Guiguitarz's Mummy were done in France and they look amazing!

I don't think he actually shared whom done it, but I am sure he would pass on the details if  you ask nicely.

If you do it, please do it right with the correct 2x volumn knobs and inlays.

Tondog

No doubt on the 2 knobs!

Guiguitarz

Ahaha the Killing-detail Pap 

ESP 348

Lol, I have an eye for detail.

ProfessorExp

My wife and I were just talking about Bill the other day. We drove out to his shop a few times dropping off and picking up guitars he did for me. Cool dude. And the cars they were working on in that place were insane. Damn shame. Had I known this would be the last one, I'd have put it on a more expensive guitar!

Tondog

That is fantastic! Who did the inlay work?

What happened to Bill anyway? One day I was talking to him on the phone about doing a Mummy for me and the next I heard he had died?! Sudden and unexpected!?

load more replies (3 of 3)
ESP 348

That's an awesome guitar Proffessor!

Post to Thread