Gary Holt Blood Guitar

Updated
Gary Holt Blood Guitar

I am a fan of all things thrash metal. I love the red Holt signature and hope to get it in the future. 

His new guitar is even more amazing I think, painted from his own blood. I'm guessing this will not be a signature model and it will be a one off. But it would have been amazing if they reprinted and made a signature series out of it.

Colin Groove

Colin Groove

Colin Groove

Colin Groove

Colin Groove

Kjetil (GRIM) Remen

That is awesome. This guitar is so cool, Thanks 

ESP 348

Very cool! Very very cool!!

In person I am sure that guitar would look amazing!

Thanks for the close up pics man, much appreciated.

Kjetil (GRIM) Remen

He used Gary's blood and water. Here is a link where they talk about it 

AK

Saw this posted on EMG pickups instagram. Could it be a new Holt sig? It looks amazing in my opinion. I hope they will release an LTD version.

Breadfan32

As far as I know it was a custom paint job.  I don't think it has anything to do with Holt.  

Looks awesome though! 

ESP 348

Definitely a very cool guitar.

AK

After some research I found the person who did it and got one for myself. I know it's a bit off topic but it could have been a Holt signature easily

Here is what it looked like before. I swapped the bridge, tuners, knobs, truss rod cover and the strap locks:

Guiguitarz

Yeah this is the guitar of Bobby Von Ripper 

AK

Exactly! Great guy. They should make it a signature model for him 

ESP 348

Lol, very good!

Pushead

As a guy who has actually cut a hand open while gigging, that's not at all what my guitar looked like with blood on it.

AK

Hahah Pus, I am actually glad that you didn't bleed that much.

Pushead

It was sort of a disaster. The guitar became nearly impossible to play between it being both super sticky and also didn't want to ring out at all. But I didn't want to swap to my backup because I didn't want to mess up two guitars.

Luckily there was only 2 and a half songs left. The bleeding sort of stopped, but it was right on my picking hand ring-finger. So I kept anchoring on the pickup ring with it and squeezing a bit more out.

This isn't mine, but my bandmate's injury a few years after mine (in a different band.) Same basic idea.

CreepinDeath81

I actually ordered a CS version a blood splatter Eclipse about 9 months ago. Didn't see this thread until today and was like: crap is my guitar done now? Still waiting sadly...

AK

Did you order it from ESP? Mine isn't from the ESP custom shop. Just bought a standard eclipse and then had the work done on it by a professional.

CreepinDeath81
AK wrote:

Did you order it from ESP? Mine isn't from the ESP custom shop. Just bought a standard eclipse and then had the work done on it by a professional.

I ordered it to be built by the custom shop. 

Post to Thread