Hammet's LTD sigs

Updated
Hammet's LTD sigs

Not a Hammett collector but just curious if anyone has any theories. What's up with the LTD Hammett sigs?? First they build the LTD KH SE, a limited run guitar. So you would think it'd be a premium right? But then, they slap a bolt on neck and cheapo esp pickups in it. Then, the White Zombie, again should have been another premium guitar right? But yet again, bolt on neck. And now, the Nosferatu, another limeted run. And again, another bolt on neck, and a single pickup to boot. What's with all the sub-premium guitars at premium pricing. Is Kirk demanding too much royalties that is driving the price of his mediocre sigs sky high???

ESP 348

I think they have worked out more people are buying the KH guitars because of their 'regular' Strat style shape over the Hetfield guitars.

Soooooooooooooooo, go with what works in the market place. They are in the business to make money after all.

Make more KH guitars, in the LTD version because again, they know more people can afford a $1000 guitar compared to a $5000+ guitar.

They would have had sales figures over the last 15+ years showing them which guitars are the best sellers. There are more ESP and LTD Kirk Hammet guitars for sale around the world than any other guitar ever made. lol

Nathan S.

I understand why all the Hammett stuff, but I don't understand why they keep building these premium priced guitars with bolt on necks? I mean come on, the kh602 is neck thru. Why not the SE, White Zombie, and Nosferatu. No way would I ever pay $1000 plus for a bolt on LTD of any kind.

Big Daddy B

I'm with you. I rather pay the premium price and get a better guitar than a guitar with a bunch of features I don't like. Out of the models that you listed though, i did find it interesting that with the LTD KH-SE they included a $200 limited edition KH strap for free and didn't included that with the ESP version. I was able to find one to use with my ESP KH-2 SE but surprised they didn't just add some sort of ESP strap.

Anyway without knowing the specifics of the deal, hard to say whether Hammett gets a percentage or a flat fee for each unit they produce. If flat, then may not matter whether it is an ESP or LTD. I almost wonder if it is flat because that may be why they are cutting back on the specs to save on production costs. Too bad they don't offer a premium version of the guitars for those willing to pay!

Nathan S.

Maybe the strap deal on the LTD SE was cause they put $25.00 pickups in it lol.

BlackJack21

Making mass produced machine built LTDs and putting Hammett’s name on them, makes ESP more money than selling only 50 or so hand-made custom shop guitars. Cutting down the quality just give them higher profit margins, which every company looks for. I don’t agree with what they are doing but the guitar will sell anyway, and at the end of the day they are here to make money.

BlackJack21

Plus you have to account for probably the licensed graphic costs etc over the 602.

Shockers

At least my Ouija is based on the 602.

Post to Thread