JAMES HETFIELD New Sig !! => The Vulture !

Updated
JAMES HETFIELD New Sig !! => The Vulture !

Breaking news from NAMM Show guys !! 

Here's the new V from ESP, The VULTURE :

More pics to come I hope, feel free to feed the post with !

G.

Zaid O.

The inlay on the 12th fret makes the guitar imo, and the satin finish

Danny K.

I'm looking at the truckster, iron cross or Snakebyte for my next guitar. Suggestions appreciated

Sixcubed

I have a 2005 gray truckster, 2012 black truckster, 2013 Snakebyte, 2013 iron cross (Serial number is 13 so an early iron cross purchased in Feb 2014) all LTD's and I prefer the iron cross. Even though the specs and materials are identical to the trucksters, for some reason it just feels more solid and I use it as my main stage guitar. The black truckster is a very close second. The '05 Gray truckster doesn't even come close and almost feels cheap compared to the newer models. With that being said, I believe the Snakebyte actually gets a better sound than any of the others probably due to the acreage of wood on the Snakebyte, I just prefer the les paul shape when playing live. So here is my official ranking if I had to pick favorites:

1. Iron Cross

2. Black Truckster

3. Snakebyte

4. Gray Truckster

Again, these are just my opinions. I play all of these guitars live on stage in my Metallica tribute band but the Iron Cross gets most of the showtime, and people are always commenting on how great the guitar looks. You can't go wrong with any of the newer models!

Danny K.
Sixcubed wrote:

I have a 2005 gray truckster, 2012 black truckster, 2013 Snakebyte, 2013 iron cross (Serial number is 13 so an early iron cross purchased in Feb 2014) all LTD's and I prefer the iron cross. Even though the specs and materials are identical to the trucksters, for some reason it just feels more solid and I use it as my main stage guitar. The black truckster is a very close second. The '05 Gray truckster doesn't even come close and almost feels cheap compared to the newer models. With that being said, I believe the Snakebyte actually gets a better sound than any of the others probably due to the acreage of wood on the Snakebyte, I just prefer the les paul shape when playing live. So here is my official ranking if I had to pick favorites:

1. Iron Cross

2. Black Truckster

3. Snakebyte

4. Gray Truckster

Again, these are just my opinions. I play all of these guitars live on stage in my Metallica tribute band but the Iron Cross gets most of the showtime, and people are always commenting on how great the guitar looks. You can't go wrong with any of the newer models!

Ok thanks

Metaddict

Well i have the Truckster and the Snakebyte. Both ESP not LTD. I also played the ESP Iron Cross. All three are great so it depends in what you want

Guitar_Hetfan

WHen is the Vulture available ?

Guiguitarz
Guitar_Hetfan

but not available in Europe like Thomann ...

Gisornator

It seems no european shop has the ESP version of the vulture. I can only spot the LTD in a hand full of shops (shipping estimated beginning of July). Anyway im excited about the LTD Vulture :-)

Kjetil (GRIM) Remen

Do you have any web addresses in europa that has the LTD one? Its a cool guitar so I wanna check it out.

Sven R.

http://www.bax-shop.nl/elektrische-gitaren/esp-ltd-vulture-james-hetfield-signature-black-satin

http://www.thomann.de/nl/esp_ltd_vulture_bks_hetfield.htm?ref=search_rslt_vulture_386914_3

https://www.musicstore.de/de_DE/EUR/ESP-LTD-Vulture-BLKS-Black-Satin-James-Hetfield-Signature/art-GIT0038313-000

All stores state that the guitar is available around July. The Nosferatu is already for sale and available though 

Personally I don't really dig the new V shaped model, further I think that they are rather expensive for guitars made in the MISC factory in Korea. Especially considering the fact that the ESP LTD Iron Cross costs around 1000 euro's new. But I am definately going to check it our!

Sixcubed

My LTD Vulture will be here on Monday. They have been popping up on ebay and I was able to snag one for a really good price with a case. 

Breadfan32

Looking forward to a review and some pics of course!  I've noticed lots of places getting them in stock now also.

Nathan B.

I recently got an LTD Vulture...out of the box..it was setup horribly, had the cheapest looking made in China 9volt battery in it I've ever seen and the satin is already starting to polish up in a spot, after playing it just a few times. After getting it setup it plays nice, not quite as good as last years snakebyte that i own, but it sounds a little better. 

ESP 348

Interesting, thanks for sharing Nathan.

Guiguitarz

Closer pic of his custom Tail piece (I modified it to make it brighter) :

Post to Thread