Looking For Rough Valutation GRYNCH Guitar

Updated
simon E.

Hi i have a james hetfielfd LTD GRYNCH that i am thinking of selling 

can someone give me a rough estimation of its value it has never been played still in the case and has all the 

stickers on it. 

i purchased this guitar from a collector on here called Norman Basello i believe his name.

and the serial number on this grynch is Number 05.

if someone can tell me what it may be worth would be great.

thanks

Pushead

There were two on eBay within the last month that were listed between $1300-$1600.  Both had been listed for several months, though I don't believe either are currently up.

simon E.

is it not worth more being the serial number is 05?

just thought it would be worth more.. thanks anyway pushead for your info

ESPEXP

It's still an LTD

Nathan S.

And the guitar market seems to be in the tank right now from what I've been seeing.

Pushead

Number 5 is only worth more to someone who finds value in that.  It doesn't do anything for me. 

Since it's probably 10 years (maybe 12) old, the condition and COA (if it even came with one) would be bigger selling points.  Most of the ones I've seen have at least a bit of damage.

The guitar cost $869 (I think) when it was new, so if it sells for $1200, it's still profit (to the original buyer, that is.)

ESP 348

Sound advice from Pushead as always.

vdubs75

Don't forget about inflation though......$899 in 2003 is roughly $1,160 in 2016. I've been trying to sell mine for a while now. Not that I bought them to make money, but I'm sure everyone will take a hit selling these unless of course, Hetfiled dies playing the guitar while driving in his Grynch style hot rod. So.....very unlikely.

simon E.

OK thanks the guitar has never been played and always been kept in the case all original stickers etc are on it no dings scratches at all on it and it's never been  cleaned so no shitty swirl marks on the lacquer. 

Like I said not desperate to sell it

Mebe when papa  hett  passes away I'll consider it...

Breadfan32

Simon where are you located? 

simon E.

Hi I am in jersey Channel Islands 

simon E.

Vdubz regarding inflation ..I paid 1300 dollars plus shipping when I bought mine 2004 

so I wouldn't sell it for less regardless of inflation now  

Post to Thread