Searching to buy a Ouija LTD guitar

Updated
Mike A.

Hello, I've been looking to buy the Ouija guitar for over 10 years!  Does anyone know where i can find the LTD verison to purchase?  Thank you very much!

Mike

Big Daddy B
Nathan S. wrote:

I notice OUIJA000 doesn't have all the trademark stamping on the back of the headstock.

I thought something was missing. Maybe because it was a prototype.

Nathan S.

Yeah my guess would be that ESP built a few prototypes and then took them to the game maker, was it Hasbro? For final copyright approval which is why it doesn't have it. Would be a cool one to have but my guitar budget is 0 right now.

Mike A.

So I just got an update from the USPS and my guitar is stuck in customs and could take another 45 days until it is release....  

Nathan S.

Wow that sucks man!!! I always hate the 3 to 4 day wait of anticipation when I buy a new guitar and wait for it to get to me, month and a half would really suck!! Hopefully they get it pushed through a little faster.

ESP 348

45 days!!!!!! WTF!!

Why so long man???

Mike A.

So the guitar came today...  With no guitar.  Just its case.  It either was stolen on the way here or I was played...  

Nathan S.

Holy $hit, that sucks man!!! I hope it gets resolved for you, and you at least get your $$$$ back if the guitar doesnt magically appear.

Big Daddy B

Do you have a link to the ad you bought it from? The experts here might be able to help determine if it was a scam from the get go.

Mike A.

I got it from this guy who I saw sold one off eBay.  I actually asked him about that CA guitar.  That's how this all got started.  He pretty much sells only guitars and he sold like 990 items on eBay.  He's also located in Germany.  So there's nothing ESP can do.  I did use PayPal though, so if we did get screwed, they will refund us. If you guys can still look around for the guitar, that would be greatly appreciated.  Even though this really sucks, I am not going to give up on this guitar!

ESP 348

Wow man!! WOW!!! :(

Take it up with Paypal immediately if you already haven't. Tell them exactly what has gone down.

The seller will just say the guitar was shipped in the case to cover his ass.

But.............the shipping company will have the weight of the box listed on it's 'air way bill'. So if you have it attached to the box, look at weight was listed down on the item.

Average weight of the all the guitars I had shipped to me from all over the world was 36 to 46lbs. This is an example of what I am talking about.

Take a look, if the listed weight is half that from when it was shipped out then there was obviously no guitar in the case man.

ESP 348

ESP 348

The only issue I've ever had when shipping my guitars is when my white Ouija landed in Australia two years ago. Australian Customs opened up the box/guitar case and inspected the item.

They didn't do anything with it, but when it arrived I noticed A LOT of Australian Customs tape all over the box where they taped it all back up again.

And inside there was an envelope with a letter from Australian Customs stating they opened the item up to inspect. This was a random inspection and they found no issues.

Also stated in the letter that if there was an issue with the guitar, they would destroy it by drilling x-amount of holes in the guitar body. *I forget exactly how many holes in the guitar body* But I found this a crazy way to deal with it.

Obviously there was nothing inside the empty case from US Customs stating they seized this guitar I take it?

There is no way it was stolen in transport from Germany to you mate. I have shipped over 10 guitars from all over the world and never had an issue. DHL, FedEx, USPS, UPS and British Air mail all have been great.

The seller is not being honest with you and he didn't send the guitar in the case IMO.

He may have sold 900+ items and have good feedback, but anything can happen.

This may have been his first overseas guitar sale and I wonder if he thought you being in a completely different Country he would take a chance on saying the guitar was stolen in transport to you.

Have you received a reply from the seller yet?

Mike A.

No, the box states it only weighed like 9kg and 7kg which is like 20 to 15 pounds.  I'm not sure why there is two different numbers listed.  All of the labels are in German.  The box is in bad shape and there wasn't any letter stating it was open by customs.  I'll upload pictures when I get to work. We did contact PayPal immediately though.  

ESP 348

Ok man, sounds like it never had a guitar in the case from the start!

Dunno why it lists two weights, but it doesn't matter. Be sure to send that 'evidence' through to Paypal.

The other 20 lbs that's missing from the shipping weight is the guitar that was not in the case.

Sounds like he pulled a swifty! Can you please tell us his Ebay user ID.

Mike A.

Yeah his name is devildriver15.  

Post to Thread