HETFIELD & HAMMETT ORIGINAL SERIALS

Updated
HETFIELD & HAMMETT ORIGINAL SERIALS

Hey guys! Can you help me to find the ORIGINAL serials of JAMES HETFIELD and KIRK HAMMETT GUITARS???

Please post pics of the back of headstock you take during live gigs or founded somewhere...

I have a loto of pics and I know for sure many of them does not have any serial...(ex. old guitars MX-250, MM-290...)

EXAMPLE:

- James Hetfield ESP Iron Cross White: SN. SS1337103

- James Hetfield ESP Snakebyte Black: SN.  SS1413104

- Kirk Hammett ESP KH-2 DRACULA 3: SN. T0745601

(THANKS TO BRIAN D'SOUZA!!!)

- Kirk Hammett ESP KH-2 OuiJa: SN. OW52P 

(THANKS TO BRIAN D'SOUZA!!!)

ESP 348

I am going to LOVE this thread as I have always wondered about Kirk's serial numbers on the back of his guitars.

Some have them, some don't. This nerdy stuff interests me a lot.

simo666

We realy need them to to a book about there guuitars history lie Mr Clapton did full of pics and storey's .

There is a pic of james in a storage room with cases with wrighting on  them would be good to have better pics of that , They have so much stuff buried away but ner noting wring with nerdy stuff i love it  , eg there is 2 chrome diomade plate explorers wonder if there was anymore made?

ESP 348

Would be amazing to have all that information! We need to get James and Kirk's guitar techs on board to gather all the correct information.

Sadly, will probably never happen.

Nathan S.

I bet it will happen someday. Don't take me wrong, I am a huge Metallica fan. But it seems anymore they will put their name on anything they can make a little money off of.........except a new album.

Big Daddy B
simo666 wrote:

We realy need them to to a book about there guuitars history lie Mr Clapton did full of pics and storey's .

There is a pic of james in a storage room with cases with wrighting on  them would be good to have better pics of that , They have so much stuff buried away but ner noting wring with nerdy stuff i love it  , eg there is 2 chrome diomade plate explorers wonder if there was anymore made?

That was a picture of him and Kirk that was in some guitar mag right around the load era. The cases were pretty much for guitars they were using alot at the time. Since I was a kirk fan, I remember there was the 89 les paul custom, the M-2 Fuck you, etc.

Big Daddy B

Regarding serials though the one I was always curious about was the KH-2 SE greenburst. Are Kirk's SS serial numbers like the rest of us or are they custom shop? I always assumed K or T serial numbers but seeing the picture of James above rekindles my curiosity.

GuitarsCollector

I think all the serial are like the rest of us....

Big Daddy B

Did Kirk ever get back to you on your page?

Breadfan32

All of James snakebytes are SS serial numbers that I've seen

Pushead

There was a small photo in the So What Volume 3 Issue 1 from that photo shoot, but the bigger photo of James in the closet was from the 1996 Studio Calendar.  Photo credit in So What is Mark Leialoha.

Trying to figure out serial numbers of their guitars is a bit too stalker-ish, even for me.

ESP 348

How ya been Pushead?? Long time no hear.

Pushead

Living the dream.  Scouring the American country side for the finest old-people furniture.

ESP 348

You're not one of the stars of American Pickers by any chance are you?

Clay C.

I recently bought a kh2 ss greenburst but someone swapped out the Floyd Rose on it. I bought a 1000 series to replace it but it still does not fit properly and I can't find any information on which series of Floyd Rose is the correct one. Anyone help me with this?

Pushead

Why pick a serial number thread to ask about a Floyd Rose?

Just buy an Original Floyd Rose with the R3 (I believe, it's been a while) nut.  If the original nut is still there, just use the original and replace the trem.

Breadfan32

Exactly what I was thinking 

Big Daddy B

If it's the ESP version, hopefully the replacement nut will fit better than the original which were kind of narrow. Any pics of the new purchase? And details...where you got it, price paid, etc. Just start a new thread.

ESP 348

Great shot!

Post to Thread