SW Iron Cross Inquiry

Updated
Michael V.

Hello all,

I have been waiting for the right Hetfield signature model for a while. I love the Les Paul body style and the white Iron Cross is the Hetfield signature I'd like to own. Now I have browsed a few threads comapring ESP and LTD versions of guitars. I would like to ask that question, but with a twist being we are looking at a signature model here. Obviously I'm trying to decide if getting the ESP is worth it over the LTD as the price for the ESP is 5000 and the LTS is 1100. My question is not only is the quality and playability better, but also how much of that mark up is just because it has James's name on it being his "signature model." If the quality and playability is the main reason for the markup I'd probably go for it eventually, although I would like to play it first which seems impossible. 

Thank you for reading and I am interested to hear your advice.

Breadfan32

I own the ESP version.  It's quality, playability, craftsmanship and tone will be great.  

Is it worth the money?  Depends on what people feel comfortable spending their money on.  For me it's well worth it.  Some people don't feel comfortable spending more than 2k on a guitar no matter what.

I enjoy owning a custom shop James Hetfield guitar.  Is the price jacked up more because it's a Hetfield signature?  Of course.  

I have not played an LTD IC but I own a grey LTD truckster and it's a great guitar for the money.  

ESP version will be better than the the LTD I don't care what the specs say.

If you can justify spending the money on an ESP I don't think you will regret it.

Pushead

They're certainly expensive, but when you compare the price to an ESP Original or other Custom Shop level ESP guitars, it's right in line.  I wouldn't say there's markup because of James' name, though it's probably the biggest selling point.

Post to Thread