Searching for Ouija

Updated
Searching for Ouija

Hey all.

Anyone have a lead on a great to excellent condition LTD version of this?  Not sure I can justify the ESP version, but willing to take a look at those as well.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Carcaridon

Ahh, that KH-20.........  

RaulTx

Thanks for the heads up cannibal. Pulled the trigger on the ESP. Stayed tuned for an NGD thread soon!

Wow! That's great man!!!! (Arghhhh I've seen it too late hahaha )

The black ESP Ouija is my favourite, period. I hope I can put my hands on one in the future!

Waiting for the NGD thread!

CannibalChris

Congrats on the new guitar, can't wait to see some pics! Yeah, the KH-20 is a beautiful guitar, I'll bet it plays nice. Sorry you had a bad experience with Lighthouse, it's a bummer when you order something and it doesn't work. That happened to me recently with a graphics card I ordered, ugh.

RaulTx

Well done, mate! It's an amazing guitar.

Carcaridon

Positive karma all around. This has been awesome! 

RaulTx

This thread has been nothing but good karma paid forward. I helped Carcaridon find his Ouija. I may have helped Cannibal Chris find his Ouija and now Cannibal helped me find my Ouija. Raul, you're next. We'll find you one! What are you looking for....black ESP? 2009 or old one? I know someone who knows someone in Florida who may potentially sell his. It's a 2009 reissue.

I hope you are right and I'm the next!  

Well, the black old one would my the first choice. I'm not sure if anyone here has owned both, the old one and the reissue, to tell the differences you can find regarding the construction and playability?

Big Daddy B

Well I had an old one but it was a custom shop and neck through. It was a great guitar. The chances of finding an old neck thru are slim though. So given the choice between a new neck thru and an older bolt on...for me it is no choice at all, gotta go neck thru. However, a bolt on will probably run you about 50% of hte price so if cost is a consideration that might be the way to go. Also the newer ones will have more refinements...mirror inlays, sunken back plate (can't remember if my old one had that or not), cool looking COA lol. They also have an ebony fretboard versus rosewood if you have a preference one way or another. The white Ouija was my first ebony board. It is nice! Traditionally though, I am all rosewood. Prefer the dustier feeling when I dig into the board and strings for bends.

My friend who contacted the guy in FL is traveling for a few days. Once he gets back I will see if he still has contact info. 

RaulTx

An old Ouija NTB is a great find! do you still have got pictures from it?

Well, the original run has got that "original series" thing that I like (an of course, a more affordable price!), but the latest reissue seems to be better construction guitar. Rosewood or ebony, I like both. So basically I'm open for both, depending on the guitar condition, price, etc.

I also read somewhere that the sound character differs between the old one (fatter/heavy sound) and the reissue (more "modern" sound), any opinions on this?

ESP 348

Awesome to hear Big Daddy!! Congrats, looking forward to seeing pics.

Big Daddy B
RaulTx wrote:

An old Ouija NTB is a great find! do you still have got pictures from it?

Well, the original run has got that "original series" thing that I like (an of course, a more affordable price!), but the latest reissue seems to be better construction guitar. Rosewood or ebony, I like both. So basically I'm open for both, depending on the guitar condition, price, etc.

I also read somewhere that the sound character differs between the old one (fatter/heavy sound) and the reissue (more "modern" sound), any opinions on this?

No I don't have pictures any longer since it has been almost 20 years but based on what I recall, comparing the old one to the new one, yes I would probably say the older one had a little more of a fuller, rawer sound where as the new one is more refined, almost sterile, but not necessarily in a bad way. In reality, the guitar is designed to run through effect and high gain amps. I don't know anyone who is planning to get this guitar to plug it into a Fender blackface and try and play the blues thinking it is going to sound like an old strat or Les Paul.

CannibalChris

This thread has been nothing but good karma paid forward. I helped Carcaridon find his Ouija. I may have helped Cannibal Chris find his Ouija and now Cannibal helped me find my Ouija. Raul, you're next. We'll find you one! What are you looking for....black ESP? 2009 or old one? I know someone who knows someone in Florida who may potentially sell his. It's a 2009 reissue.

This thread has been extrememly helpful in answering the few questions I had, but were somehow difficult to get answers to elsewhere. I like the positive vibe with people here. It seems like everyone here wants to help others, and I love that. I'm gonna be hitting you guys up early next year when I start looking into getting a KH-2 NTB!

Big Daddy B
CannibalChris wrote:

This thread has been extrememly helpful in answering the few questions I had, but were somehow difficult to get answers to elsewhere. I like the positive vibe with people here. It seems like everyone here wants to help others, and I love that. I'm gonna be hitting you guys up early next year when I start looking into getting a KH-2 NTB!

You had better hurry and scoop one up now. I have heard they are going to stop making them except on a custom order so the price will surely go up!

Carcaridon

I don't see that one up that was on Reverb anymore.  It must sold or been taken down.

And I agree about this thread.  Total positivity and a lot of us have scored our finds with it.  

CannibalChris

Wish I had the cash to get that one now, but since I just picked up that Ouija I'm gonna have to wait a bit. Realistically end of Jan early Feb is when I'll be in the market.

Carcaridon

For me I'd love to go to NAMM this time around.  Not sure I can score a pass, but I'd love to go.  It's right here in my county and all. 

CannibalChris

Are you in OC?

Carcaridon

I am Chris.  Just south of Anaheim in Irvine.

CannibalChris

Gotcha, I'm up here in Torrance. Not too far... I've been to Irvine Meadows/Verizon tons of times! Most memorable was for Prong/Sepultura/Pantera!

Carcaridon

Oh nice.  It's sad that place is going to get torn down in the name of more apartments.  Sad end to the legacy.  But being in So Cal has it's advantages like NAMM.  

CannibalChris

Yeah, for sure...

Post to Thread