Searching for Ouija

Updated
Searching for Ouija

Hey all.

Anyone have a lead on a great to excellent condition LTD version of this?  Not sure I can justify the ESP version, but willing to take a look at those as well.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Nathan S.

Neck is longer into the body on the 24 fret'ers if you put a 24 fret and 22 fret EC side by side you will see the cutaway is lower on the 24 fret. The thing that throws me off between the 2 is with the 24 frets the pickups are closer together so if I have my neck pickup up to high, I am bouncing off it with the pick which messes up my rythem so I drop the neck pickup down a little lower on my 24 fret'ers.

ESP 348

Might be the really narrow headstock which possible gives the impression that the neck is longer on the KH3.

Carcaridon

I think it's also the headstock that throws me.  It's a bit longer than the standard eclipse headstock.

ESP 348

Looks good too Big Daddy!

Carcaridon

So I got the guitar finally.  Overall it was in great shape, but it was EXTREMELY dirty.  I can't believe how some people care for guitars.  Cleaning the fretboard alone took me about 45 minutes to get all the crap off of it.  I had to change the nut saddles too as they were kind of scratched up.  

ESP 348

You did an excellent job cleaning it, the guitar looks like new!

Played it yet? What are your thoughts?

Carcaridon

Thanks.  It took every cleaning skill and guitar polish product I had.  I'll probably have to go over it a few more times deeply with every string change.  I've noodled with it a little, but not much.  My son just started teething so.......  

ESP 348

Sweet man, have fun with the young fella.

CannibalChris

Hello all, I just picked up an LTD-Ouija on Ebay the other day. It is in great condition and I got it for a bit over a G. The serial number is #73 which was also the year I was born. (1973) My question is, am I able to get a reprinted COA for this numbered guitar? The previous owner did not have it. Any info would be greately appreciated!

Carcaridon

Good question and congrats on the score.

Mine is #479 and I didn't get one with mine either.  I wasn't even sure they came with it.

Breadfan32

The LTD ouijas don't come with COAs that's why you guys don't have them.  

Carcaridon

Sweet.  That's what I thought and was hoping for.

Thanks.

Big Daddy B

I was wondering if someone here picked up the 73. That was from Lighthouse Sound right?

I previously owned an LTD Ouija and don't remember if it had a COA or not but am leaning NOT.

CannibalChris

Yes, this is the one from Lighthouse Sound. I was on the fence about getting it, but once I saw the serial number, I had to have it! Ok, I wasn't sure if they came with COA's or not, so that answers my question. Also, did the serial numbers go to 500, or was it 550? Thanks a lot for the info, guys. I appreciate it!

CannibalChris

I had a good experience with them. I ordered it on Aug 26th and it arrived on Sep 2nd. No issues at all. Was #100 on Ebay about a year ago or so? I thought I remembered seeing that guitar for auction, but maybe not if you sold it to your coworker. How do you like your white Ouija? I see there is an ESP KH-2 Ouija on Ebay right now, going for $6,500.

Post to Thread