Searching for Ouija

Updated
Searching for Ouija

Hey all.

Anyone have a lead on a great to excellent condition LTD version of this?  Not sure I can justify the ESP version, but willing to take a look at those as well.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

ESP 348

Very good sir! Let us know your thoughts on it when it arrives and you get some play time on it.

And post a couple of pics while you're at it, we love pics here.

Carcaridon

Will do.  This is my 4th from the co.  3 LTD's now and one ESP eclipse.  Coming from the Jackson world I'm pretty impressed with them so far.

ESP 348

Sweet! I have owned nothing but ESPs since after I bought my first guitar.

But I have had the pleasure in playing every other brand also, as you do. In music shops or friends, I have played many other brands of guitars. Some good, some bad.

Being so used to playing ESP KH2 guitars, you get VERY used to them and I can honestly say there is no other guitar out there that remotely comes close to the way I feel playing my KH guitars.

I can grab any of them and feel right at home. I bought my first for my 21st birthday back in early 2001 and I played for around 9 years straight before life started to take over.

The only guitars I don't play or like playing is the KH1 and KH3. Don't like the KH1 v-shape and don't like the weight of the KH3. I have never played the KH1 through an amp and I spent AU $5600 on my KH3 10 years ago and have only played it around 5 times in total.

The NTB KH2 is definitely one of the best 'metal' guitars of all time. Nothing else compares to them if you ask me.

Carcaridon

I've never been a les paul fan, and I never thought of the eclipse models since I've always been a soloist fan.  But on a whim I bought the LTD iron cross and loved it.  WIth that set me out on the search for a real ESP eclipse and found one in vintage black.  No idea why I gravitated to them.  But now I want a horizon of some form with no floyd.  I have a jackson SL2H that I'm parting with to finance my horizon search.  

From what I hear the KH2 neck through is tough to find.  I've seen them pop up on ebay every once in a great while.  That's a pretty awesome score you got there.  That has been on my "maybe some day" radar for a while.

ESP 348

They come up for sale all the time actually and there is one for sale now on Reverb that Big Daddy showed me.

The decription is a little odd, but the it looks near mint in the pics.

Very cool guitars and they feel and sound awesome.

Nathan S.

You can go ahead and just ship that KH1 and KH3 to me ESP since you don't like them. Christmas is just around the corner ya know 

ESP 348

I might just have to do that Nathan.

Carcaridon

ESP.  What's the scale length on the KH3?  That neck looks kinda long for a 24 3/4 even with 24 frets.  

Nathan S.

KH3 is 24.75 scale

ESP 348

Yep, cheers Nathan.

It's an awesome guitar to look at, even sounds great too.

I just don't like the feel or the weight of it, too heavy for me and I am a big guy also. Just don't find it comfortable at all.

Carcaridon

Is the weight and feel different than a standard series eclipse?  

Nathan S.

It is heavier than a standard series eclipse, but not as heavy as an ec1000t. I have all 3. Let me get my fish scale out and I'll get you weights shortly.

Nathan S.

Ok, the weights are in. Drumroll please......

KH3   8LB 13OZ

SS ECLIPSE   7LB 1OZ

EC1000T   9LB 9OZ

Nathan S.

Personally I think besides the weight the overall feel of all 3 is about the same outside of 22 fret vs 24.

Carcaridon

I think the 24 fret 24.75 scale throws me. That neck looks really long.

Another thing I've had my eye on recently is an LTD ec1000 ctm. Change out the pickups for a 57/66 combo. 

Post to Thread