Searching for Ouija

Updated
Searching for Ouija

Hey all.

Anyone have a lead on a great to excellent condition LTD version of this?  Not sure I can justify the ESP version, but willing to take a look at those as well.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Carcaridon

Cool.  Thank you for the help.  I'll check them out.  Saw an LTD on eBay from the Russian Federation.   Seemed a little risky.

Carcaridon

Just the Ouija right now. It's the one I've been wanting for a while. 

Carcaridon

Thank you.  I'm not sure about budget.  I think it all depends on the condition of it.  If there's one in great condition, then I'd be willing to pay.  I'm not sure what they're going for now.  I haven't seen any on ebay for a while.

Stiven R.

you have one in Italy too, i think its even on ebay

Carcaridon

Thanks for pointing me at this and thanks BDB for looking at it. Yeah. The price seems high for an LTD model. 

Carcaridon

Sweet!  Thank you.  This looks legit as far as I can tell.

ESP 348

Having played both and owning ESP Ouijas myself, I would pony up (a lot) more money and buy an ESP Ouija if the funds allow you to do so.

The difference in tone and the quality ot the ESP and LTD guitars is night and day.

Best of luck with your decision, looking forward to seeing pics of whichever guitar you end up with.

Carcaridon

Hey there.

Thanks for the response.  Although I'd love to have the ESP, and I could swing the funds if I was 100% sold on it, I promised myself when I got back into this no more $2000+ guitars that won't get played constantly.  And since the ESP version is usually $5000+ from what I've seen, it's just not prudent for me anymore.  Too many damn responsibilities in life creeping up on me.  

ESP 348

Fair enough mate, totally understand.

I have 10x $2000+ guitars that I don't even look at let alone play anymore.

The ESP Ouijas really are an amazing instrument, especially the 2009 re-issue ones.

Again, best of luck and it will be great to see pics when you get one.

Carcaridon

I have a couple Jackson Kelly models from back in the Marty Friedman days.  One was limited to 50 and I've never seen another of its kind.  But both never get played and it just seems like such a waste, so I vowed that anything I get I'll try to play it.  Some are hard, like the Ouija.  I don't think I'd ever play it, but the LTD cost justifies it not getting played.  If that makes any sense.  

ESP 348

Nope, I have twin 3 year old girls who get into EVERYTHING!! They know not to touch my guitars, but every now and then I can hear them strumming the strings. Which I don't really mind as at least they show interest and the guitars in the rack I leave out are cheap shit.

The only guitars I leave out on the rack are is my Chinese Ouija and Mummy and the first guitar I bought nearly 20 years ago.................an Aria Pro II.

This is also half the reason I don't play the 'nice' guitars at this point in time. I don't have a spare room available to keep all my guitars, so they all live in their hardcases under my king size bed in my bed room.

When we have our 3rd baby and all the kids are grown up enough to know they are not allowed to touch Dad's guitars, then I will start to play them again and not have to worry about leaving em sit in the rack through the day or overnight.

When I build my new home I am going to have a cut out in the wall down one side of the hallway with lights and I will place all my guitars on display behind glass. So they will look awesome and I will be able to play whichever ones I want, whenever I want and they will look cool and be safe when I don't play them.

I have bought my twin girls a KH Junior guitar. One each, was thinking of giving them to them Xmas this year but they are still little babies so might wait until April next year and give it to them for their 4th Birthday.

Gotta look for an amp each for them also. I want them to try and look after them as if they don't enjoy it or really take it up, then at least I will be able to re-sell them and recoupe some decent money for those guitars.

Carcaridon

That's a really cool story, ESP.  I just had my first son 6 weeks ago and I cannot WAIT to get him his first guitar.  I think it's part of the reason I don't want to purchase anymore high priced guitars right now.  I've never had a baby/kid before so who knows what I'll need that money for.  

Breadfan32

I went through the same thing.  Give it a couple years you will be back to buying some nice guitars lol 

Carcaridon

And THAT I'm looking forward to too. 

ESP 348

Thanks mate!

And congrats on the little boy!! You are blessed to have a first born son, the Wife and I are hoping to have a little boy next. If not it's all good, but hope so as it would be great to experience both boys and girls.

Just to annoy you a little more in regards to the LTD/ESP guitar discussion.

Give the LTD a miss and buy the ESP Ouija. If it means you have to wait a little longer to save more money, then do it man. You will not be disappointed.

You only live once and in 50 years time, it won't matter that you spent $5K on a guitar. $5000 over 50 years will have cost you nothing.

I don't like to think what I have spent on guitars, but I have them now, own them all and it doesn't matter if they sit there and collect dust for the next 50 years as I can play them anytime I want and I have plenty more time to make more money in life.

Show your partner this post of mine and tell her it's "alllllllllll good, let him buy an ESP Ouija!"

ESP 348

I should have been more clear, I don't think he will be disappointed with the LTD version, he will be disappointed in himself for not listening to me telling him to buy the Ouija straight up.

And congrats on the LTD Ouija, be sure to post pics when it arrives.

Carcaridon

I'm pretty excited to get it.  I resigned myself a while back to get the LTD.  Once the baby grows a bit I might go after a white ESP version, but I'm pretty content right now not chasing those.  The "real" ESP's I get I plan to play the hell out of.  

Post to Thread