Zorlac

Updated
Elliot C.

Hey guys,

used to post on here years and years ago. Anyway I own a Zorlac its in ok condition has some scratches around the neck/fret board and headstock. Anyway I havent seen one sold in ages and I was just wondering what they are going for these days.

Thanks guys.

BlackJack21

These aren't ebony but some look like it. You should use flash next time! lol

One from Pushead:

Pushead

The light background color isn't helping things either, 348.

Here's a set of rosewood boards.

And the longer I have my E-II Eclipse, the more I think it's a grenadillo or something similar, but not a "real" rosewood. That's a light board.

Edit - Pau Farro makes more sense then Grenadillo.

ESP 348

Ok, so it's obviously just different shades of Rosewood colours then.

I can see the difference in Pusheads pic, all Rosewood fretboards are different in colour with the middle guitar looking quite dark on my computer screen.

The Mummy and Ouija are very light Rosewood colour compared to the Ebony board in the middle.

Guiguitarz

Should we talk about the Kirk's KH-3 Rosewood fretboard ? 

BlackJack21

lol please don't.

ESP 348

I think so G.

NRudy

There are many exotic rosewoods and many other tonewoods  that are as dark or darker than Ebony.

theres also very rare South American & Brazilian tone woods that paul reed smith harvested in his collection private stock custom guitars. 

I have also seen many times in Fender Gibson & PRS custom shops dark wood that might appear Ebony but can be not just rosewood but cocobolo as well as East Indian and African very dark tone woods.

ESP 348

Cheers for the explanation Nate.

They must have definitely used a darker Rosewood in 1990 when they made the Zorlac compared to when they did when they made my KH2 in the year 2000.

Hope you have a great weekend Nate.

NRudy

Hey ESP 

nice guitars did you make them XL?

im still not figuring out how on my phone I can make the photos XL I click on the medium- but just doesn't let me chose X-large. I use the latest IPhone.  later I'll try to post the largest way I can figure out, some of my exotic tone wood guitars and u can see all different shades of rosewood and very rare tone woods that are extinct not available legally, or on a "cites" protected list or some law protecting endangered wood.

NRudy

Have a great 1 esp!

ESP 348

Hi Nate,

Yeah man, I make those pics XL when I post them.

But I used my computer to do this, perhaps it is not available to do on your iPhone? I am not sure.

Looking forward to seeing your pics.

ESP 348

Here is a "prototype" 1984 ESP MM-270 Zorlac for sale if anyone is interested in it.

**I don't believe it, but it's certainly interesting seeing that neck on there**

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ESP-1984-MM-270-Zorlac-Kirk-Hammett-Proto-Used-FreeShipping/183319685245?hash=item2aaeb4687d%3Ag%3Aq68AAOSwtj5bRbk2&LH_PrefLoc=2&_sop=3&_sacat=0&_nkw=kirk+hammett&_from=R40&rt=nc

Guiguitarz

Shame on the bolt-on neck for a prototype ...

Nathan S.

That's very interesting. I've seen older LTD's with the neck bolted on like that with no plate, just the big recessed washers. The control cavity cover is odd. But the back of the neck and head stock look period correct with the locking nut seat screwed on from the back. Squared off truss rod cavity very ESP-ish. Be interesting to know the thoughts of some of the older model gurus on here.

AK

I saw someone selling one (not a bolt-on) locally where I am. He asks 12k for it. Lots of scratches on the body. Price seemed a bit steep to me.

Guiguitarz

Mine is on its way  Flying through Dubai today

ESP 348
Guiguitarz wrote:

Mine is on its way  Flying through Dubai today

Great stuff man! Looking forward to seeing pics when it arrives.

ESP 348

Yeah, all very interesting isn't it?

The headstock and inlays look spot on. Bolt on neck? Yeah...........nah. lol

Control cavity cover also strange. All in all, a very strange guitar lol.

ESP 348
AK wrote:

I saw someone selling one (not a bolt-on) locally where I am. He asks 12k for it. Lots of scratches on the body. Price seemed a bit steep to me.

Bloody hell! Do you have a link to the sale? That's a lot of money for one that is not in mint condition.

ESP 348
AK wrote:

Sure. Here it is, not sure if he ships internationally: https://www.sahibinden.com/ilan/ikinci-el-ve-sifir-alisveris-muzik-muzik-aletleri-esp-mm270-zorlac-586129487/detay

Cheers man, which Country is that guitar for sale in?

Those pictures look familiar, but definitely from the seller I was thinking lol.

I think it may have sold to this seller, who has tripled the price on it to re-sell.

ESP 348

Big price drop on the Zorlac, might even buy it myself.

Guiguitarz

Yep that's a big price drop !

Splinter288

Does that look authentic to you. The others I’ve seen had a different shape truss rod cover, the screws came from the back of the neck for locking trem and had a string guide. 

Post to Thread