New Ouija at home...Black and White!!!

Updated
New Ouija at home...Black and White!!!

Well guys, after owning 3 of them and selling the 3 of them, I finally got my hands on an old 1996 Black Ouija again....missed her so much!

Now is making company to his Whitey sister, and I can be happier.

BTW, this is one of the earliest models ever, K-21107, March 96....really cool one and I think is maybe the best in playability and sound...or at least equal to my signed 100% mint ex-one.

BTW, you can see most of my pics and my guitar collection in my Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/steeledgeguitars , join if you like!

Viperzzz

Nice one man!! I have a mint one from June 96 K-21114. I just wish it wasn't so mint so I could actually feel comfortable about playing it rather than keeping it as a collectable!

ESP 348

Hi mate,

I just sent you a friend request, can you please accept if as I want to have a little chat with you.

Nathan S.

Play em guys!! They were made to play!!!  

SteelEdge
Viperzzz wrote:

Nice one man!! I have a mint one from June 96 K-21114. I just wish it wasn't so mint so I could actually feel comfortable about playing it rather than keeping it as a collectable!

I had also a totally mint brand new unplayed one which was afraid to play, also signed by Kirk....ended up selling :_(

The first I had was more of a player, and really loved to play it.This one...is between that two, very very good condition, but not NEW, so I'll play VERY gently.

As an anecdote, the headstock serial was erased by the first owner ( don't ask me how or why, I still can't imagine what happened), was sold this way to a friend of mine and I bought from him, so it was taken to an authorized ESP dealer to check and verify everything was OK and of course, it was, I also verified the guitar with ESP Customer Service sending pics, neck plate serial number, COA serial, etc, and they verified everything was OK.

I also asked more about this concrete Ouija (where it was sold, exact position in production, etc) but they couldn't tell me anthing more because they don't keep pre-2000 serial number records, so....

Vey happy of having one of the first Ouijas ever made, and even happier after having sold two of them before.I've only heard of a couple with earlier serial than this one, so this maybe one of the first examples ever, the quality is awesome (the neck wood, the amazing rosewood in the fretboard...), maybe the best I've had.

SteelEdge

BTW, you can see most of my pics and my guitar collection in my Facebook page, will post new Ouija pics soon, you can see some of the ESP Iron Cross Also, and the White Ouija, as well as many other guitars more, https://www.facebook.com/steeledgeguitars , join if you like!

Shockers

Outstanding.
Congrats!

Big Daddy B

Nice addition to your collection. This isn't a neck thru one is it?

SteelEdge
Big Daddy B wrote:

Nice addition to your collection. This isn't a neck thru one is it?

Nop, is a bolt on.

Big Daddy B

Still a lovely addition. Do you plan to get a 2009 black one to match your white one? I always think I want to do that then at the end of the day, I have a hard time justifying the spend just to get the same guitar in a different color. Im in the process of paying of a 1957 reissue Les Paul right now.

SteelEdge
Big Daddy B wrote:

Still a lovely addition. Do you plan to get a 2009 black one to match your white one? I always think I want to do that then at the end of the day, I have a hard time justifying the spend just to get the same guitar in a different color. Im in the process of paying of a 1957 reissue Les Paul right now.

No, I'm done with the Ouijas unless a 96 neck thru would appear at a reasonable price.

I think the 96 black one is a must, and then, the white one from 2009, as it was never made in that color before, I don't really like the black reissue, I'd rather get a 1986 one as I've done.

Big Daddy B

I had a 96 neck thru that I custom ordered back in the day but they screwed up the inlays. It was supposed to be the crescent moon and stars but they did crescent moon and dots. Also I could never get the glow int eh dark paint to actually glow. It was still a good guitar. I ended up selling it in late 98 or early 99 if I recall after I started to get away from Metallica. The Reload album killed my love affair. If I remember correctly I ordered it late 1995 and it showed up Jan 1997. Cost was $1895 USD. It was the most expensive of my 4 ESP custom orders. The others were a KH-2 bolt on ($1295), KH-3 neck thru ($1495...they screwed that one up too and put the toggle switch where it would be on a normal les paul), and a KH-4 neck thru ($1595). Oh the pricing in the good ole days! The other thing they did back in the day was they ended up putting my signature on all the guitars instead of Kirk's. Weird but was cool at the time, lol.

BTW, i'm the complete opposite of you. If I were going to buy a black Ouija, I'd get a new one to get the mirrored inlays. They look totally badass IMO. I love the way they reflect lighting on the blackened ebony fretboard. I'm mesmorized by it.

Big Daddy B

Steelsedge, just sent you a friend request. I might be selling a guitar next month you may or may not have interest in (noticed it is not in your collection based on your pics)

ESP 348

How did I miss this thread?? Very cool guitars man, great pic. Thanks for sharing.

AK

I have his white ouija now Amazing seller by the way.

SteelEdge
AK wrote:

I have his white ouija now Amazing seller by the way.

Hi Arda!!!

Thanks for the nice words, happy that someone is playing such amazing guitar.

ESP 348

Good on you AK! They are awesome guitars.

Post to Thread