1991 Esp Skull & Snakes Lynch "Haji" Limited Edition

Updated
1991 Esp Skull & Snakes Lynch  "Haji" Limited Edition

Hi everybody!

I've been offered a 1991 "Limited Edition" Esp George Lynch Skull & Snakes (you can see the specific model in the 1991 catalog here: http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?content%2FGuitar_catalog_scans%2FESP%2F1991_ESP_Export%2F1991_ESP_Export-_06.jpg ).

As far as I know, is not any "special edition", just changed headstock and crossbone inlays instead of the dot markers and the old strat headstock, offered just in 1991...is "rare" because it was just made in 1991, but is not a special edition over the rest in terms of quality, sound, etc.After that year, the new headstock will be the only one available and the crossbone inlays changed to the skull and swords inlays.

Do you guys have any info about this concrete model (specs, potential value over the other Hajis, etc) ?

Thanks in advance!

Big Daddy B

Not super knowledageable on the Lynch series but would state that the version you have been offered seems to actually be more common that the older version with the strat headstock and dots. Also I believe the strat neck style was the one George used FWIW. I always associate the pointy headstock with Hammett and Hamilton. There are about 4 pointy ones on eBay right now ranging from $2.5K-$4K. I have never seen anything about the older ones being more valuable.

SteelEdge
Big Daddy B wrote:

Not super knowledageable on the Lynch series but would state that the version you have been offered seems to actually be more common that the older version with the strat headstock and dots. Also I believe the strat neck style was the one George used FWIW. I always associate the pointy headstock with Hammett and Hamilton. There are about 4 pointy ones on eBay right now ranging from $2.5K-$4K. I have never seen anything about the older ones being more valuable.

I think you are wrong, the 1991 I'm refering to is a pointy headstock but WITH THE KH2 CROSSBONE INLAYS, not the actual inlays.The actual ones have same headstock, different inlays (skull with swords), and are very easy to find under the $1500 here in Europe.Also, there is a couple for sale with the Strat headstock cheaper than that.

Big Daddy B

Yeah you're right, i recall now when those came out. It was like they slapped a KH neck on a lynch body except they were 22 fret instead of 24. Again though, I would be suspect of the collectibility value as I would think most lynch fans would want guitars similar to what George played. I don't recall him every playing one with skull and cross bone inlays. Kinda like the original ouijas, there is probably a preference to star and moon inlay vs skull. Just my $0.02.

SteelEdge
Big Daddy B wrote:

Yeah you're right, i recall now when those came out. It was like they slapped a KH neck on a lynch body except they were 22 fret instead of 24. Again though, I would be suspect of the collectibility value as I would think most lynch fans would want guitars similar to what George played. I don't recall him every playing one with skull and cross bone inlays. Kinda like the original ouijas, there is probably a preference to star and moon inlay vs skull. Just my $0.02.

I totally agree with you, I think they are not as desirables as the Strat shaped headstock old ones...but you know, sometimes weird editions get collectables because its rarity....

Big Daddy B

Looks like you've got an extensive collection of Hammetts. If you are a Lynch fan and have a large bankroll, it might be worth taking on.

Looks like you have a lot of KH models. I have an SE, DC, and a Vintage in addition to the Ouija White. Had the White Zombie but sold it cuz I don't like bolt ons that have a plate. I have never played the relic but like the aged look of the neck on the vintage so went that route, plus it had the metal battery door which I prefer.

Barring a Mummy release, I think I am pretty set on hammetts unless I came into enough money to not second guess getting a 2009 black. I also wouldn't mind adding a KH-3 or KH-4 (had both back in the 90s) but I am very selective on features so they would need to have the metal battery doors and the KH3 I'd want neck thru and the rounded lower horn. Not too picky on headstock shape but would prefer open book since I had bump shape last time. Also I probably wouldn't custom order them because I would want the older style round headstock logos on back, not the new glabal map logo. Funny thing though, my vintage I selected a 2013 model since it did not have a logo on back which was more similar to Kirk's.

simon E.

Hi i have one of these George Lynch 1991 strat shape snakes & skulls guitars

its in prefect condition and rarely used

can someone give me an idea of what these are worth in todays market>?

as i can rarely find any information on this model.

generally the one with reverse headstock is quite easy to obtain but as i am thinking of selling mine i am trying to get

a general valuation of it..

thanks

ESP 348

Lynch Skulls and Snakes guitar with what looks to be a Kirk Hammett neck bolted onto it.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/252527209086?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

SteelEdge
ESP 348 wrote:

Lynch Skulls and Snakes guitar with what looks to be a Kirk Hammett neck bolted onto it.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/252527209086?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Yep, they produced the Haji with the Hammett Skull necks for a year or so...weird!

BTW, I already found a really nice first year Haji:

ESP 348

Awesome! Thanks for sharing with us.

Post to Thread