WTB: ESP KH-20

Updated
WTB: ESP KH-20

Hey guys,

I'm back on the market looking to buy an ESP KH-20. I know it will be tough to find but figured this would be a good place to start. If anyone on here is looking to sell, please let me know! Thanks.

Pushead

http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/fingerboard-02-deep-conditioner

I'm not a fan of the Lemon oil.  This is the seond part of a cleaning/conditioning system for the fretboard.  I use it once a year (or so), on both ebony and rosewood boards.  "They" say that it's not necessary on maple because of the grain structure.  (They being the builders in forums I read.)  Same with lemon oil, not necessary for maple.

I'm sure what Dunlop sells as "lemon" isn't truly made from lemons.  What I've read is that actual lemon made oil eventually turns and becomes a rancid and sticky.

ESP 348

Cheers Pus, I might see if I can get some to try.

The only thing Lemon in the Dunlop Lemon oil would be is the smell. Lol

I don't care what's in it, as long as it protects my fretboard.

I did a quick Google search last night while I was waiting for you guys to reply and people reckon you can use the Dunlop Lemon oil on both Rosewood and Ebony.

Some say there is nothing wrong with it, others say to use other products. They don't make mention of Dunlop Lemon oil doing any damage like that, they just suggest using the product they use.

Thanks for the reply mate, I appreciate it and will look for some of that now.

Pushead

Linseed oil is the most common type that I run across.  I believe the deep conditioner is the same stuff.

Many maple necks are sealed at some level.  I'm not a fan of maple necks with a poly or nitro clear on it.  (In fact, I had to cut through the clear over the frets on my Strat because I hated the feel.)  I took the Warmoth necks I had for an explorer body and finished them in a light tung oil to keep them sealed.  Not sure if that's the reason they say not to use an oil on them or not.

BlackJack21

Here's the oil I use for all my ebony boards. I love it, and it seems to be pretty safe to use.

MusicNomad F-ONE Oil

ESP 348

Cheers Blackjack, I actually just bought the MusicNomad Ulitmate Guitar Polish to try.

I will watch these videos on this website very soon, have to head out now.

Funny how this product of theirs does not have any lemon oil extracts in it.

Surely Dunlop wouldn't sell a product that damages peoples guitars. Lol

Thanks for sharing your thoughts man, much appreciated.

NRudy

My workshop 

NRudy

The Dunlop 65 blue bottle is the best string cleaner. Easy n works amazing sliding is like the first time u played the gtr. It's great.

ESP 348

Cheers Nate, I will get some Dunlop blue 65 next time I visit the shop.

BlackJack21

Found a KH-20 on reverb for a reasonable price. Good luck to whomever is interested.

ESP KH-20 #37

Sephiroth

Hmmmmm, I've never been a fan of the KH-20, but it's in my country at a price point worth considering. Are they really that good?

BlackJack21

Yea it's sold now, so hopefully you pulled the trigger.

Sephiroth
BlackJack21 wrote:

Yea it's sold now, so hopefully you pulled the trigger.

Yep, I pulled the trigger. I sought advice from other forum members who also told me it's a great guitar,so it seemed I couldn't pass up the opportunity. Thanks for linking to it, It will now join your old james bond relic .

BlackJack21

No problem, I'm glad it went to another forum member instead of just disappearing out in the world lol. I'll add you to my KH-20 list.

ESP 348

Very nice KH-20.

frantic77

wow!amazing flame top

ESP 348

They are awesome guitars aren't they? I fucken love mine!

Guiguitarz

It's honestly the missing piece in my collection ... With the Gibson Flying V.

It's an awsome looking guitar, I hope I'll play one someday...

ESP 348

Definitely get one G! They are a must in any Kirk Hammett collection.

And I think this one may have sold already.

Sephiroth
ESP 348 wrote:

Yep, payment made, just awaiting shipping / delivery. Thanks for the advice 

frantic77
Sephiroth wrote:

Yep, payment made, just awaiting shipping / delivery. Thanks for the advice 

Great! Congrats! 

ESP 348

Well done Sepi!! Congrats Brother.

Stipe S.

Hi! Im interested to buy esp kh3 , but cannot find it. So if anyone knows how can i get this guitar please contact me.

Nathan S.
Stipe S. wrote:

Hi! Im interested to buy esp kh3 , but cannot find it. So if anyone knows how can i get this guitar please contact me.

There is a neck through on ebay if your budget allows you to spend that much moola to get one. 

ESP 348

That is definitely a VERY nice KH3 on Ebay.

Todd K.

I have #18 in mint condition with all the case candy for sale.  $8500cnd  You can call or text my cellphone at 403-399-1769

The guitar is located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Post to Thread